It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shameless Self-Promotion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I've been looking for a place on ATS/BTS where a little shameless self-promotion would be allowed. I know that plugging ones own content is kind of an iffy subject here so I apologize if its inappropriate and the Mods can feel free to remove it if necessary. Seeing as how this Forum is about MEMBERS I figured it couldn't hurt to try to attract a few readers to my blog

Basically this is the story behind it:

I was raised a fundamentalist Christian and believed the Bible was the word of God.

I actually sat down and read the book and after years of trying to reconcile it with reality lost my beliefs and became an agnostic-theist.

I am now an agnostic-atheist and have started a blog explaining various passages of scripture that led to me abandoning faith in the Bible as any kind of moral/spiritual guide.

It's called Titen's God Blog, I try to blend humor and some poorly done MS Paint art with straight-forward explanations of what the Bible literally says.

Here is the link:

godlessblogger.blogspot.com...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

While I can't promote my friend's utter godlessness, I can absolutely promote his promotion of Mystery Science Theatre 3000!

(Well, I can actually promote his dislike of fundamentalism, as I feel much the same way. A blind belief which is not intelligently embraced is not a justifiable belief. Though I remained a Christian, it was at the cost of jettisoning these inflexible, intolerable beliefs, which I now see as unnecessarily limiting my view of God.)

join