It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg recall timing to justify death of food freedom!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It seems strange timing that this outbreak occurs now. Everyone eats eggs and this recall affects everyone. Lots of fear generated. I read over the bill but, as with most bills, you have to have a law degree to make heads or tails of this. Is this bill really that bad? We do need food safety in the USA but can't make heads or tails of whether this goes overboard or not.

FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg called it an "unfortunate irony" that the egg regulations became enforceable after the current outbreak was well underway. FDA investigators have zeroed in on two facilities in Iowa. Wright County Egg, owned by the DeCoster family, recalled 380 million eggs last week. Then, last Friday, Hillandale Farms, which has ties to the same family, recalled more than 170 million eggs that had been shipped to 14 states. The two companies shared the same supplier for young chickens and feed. And as The Post reported Sunday, the DeCoster family has a record of health, safety, labor and other violations that go back 20 years.
www.washingtonpost.com...

S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.

foodfreedom.wordpress.com...

Anyone with knowledge of this, please post your opinion. The only thing we really need in life is food shelter and family. If this is true it could very well be the most important issue of the decade.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What does the bill say? I'm curious of the connection now that you mentioned it. After the swine flu debacle, anything the CDC says I am skeptical of, and I think the CDC is also involved in this egg recall. This morning I looked at my egg cartoon and it said "cook thoroughly until yoke is no longer running to avoid disease" so unless you are a body builder drinking raw eggs, there are ways to kill disease before you ingest. It's also funny how they had to make national news of this egg recall even though it was only one farm. Sort of reminds me of swine flu in fact: 1 person in Mexico has been affected, everyone panic!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

No! This is needed, sorry to say. Those two farms have been cited in the past for unsafe egg handling.

In the early 1980's while living in the Chicago burbs, my entire family, from my husband, down to my 9 month old twins all got salmonella from a milk supplier to Jewel food stores. I don't drink milk, so, I was the only one in the family not affected.

Until you have taken care of 5, very ill people with Salmonella, because of negligence from a company, this is the wrong attitude to have towards the safety of people.

It was not just my family that was affected, it was THOUSANDS!

If small farmers have to be under scrutiny, the mega farms should be, too!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I understand that farms need to be scrutinized. I am trying to see if this bill does that. Just because its called the "food Safety Bill" does that mean that it is for food safety?
This bill also implements the Codex Alimentarius. There is much info on this subject. Check it out here on ATS.
I do believe that we need food safety but, is the egg scare a false flag on our food supply? The fact that we need to eat, is something that TPTB will want to control. If you look at the current economy, the threat of losing shelter by housing foreclosure, unemployment, is being controlled by TPTB. Do they want to control the food supply? Of course. When the laws were put in place that helped the economic downturn happen did we say "hey that is not right", no we didn't. We actually thought it was a good idea.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by jlafleur02]

top topics

join