It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Musllim conservatives protest Liberal woman living in Hell's Kitchen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
dagblog.com

NEW YORK – Ann Thomson, an 83-year-old widow, was awoken last last night to screams of protests by angry conservatives at her her home on 39th Street, in an area known as Hell’s Kitchen.

The protesters were angry that Thompson, a long-time liberal, had told a friend that she didn’t mind the Islamic Center being built two blocks away from Ground Zero.

Opponents chanted “No mosque, no way!” and carried signs reading, “9-11-01: Never Forget,” as Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA” blared over loudspeakers.

Thomson, who has lived in the same apartment for 34 years, said she wasn’t sure what the fuss was all about.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this blog is total satire. Whether it is or not it hits home. I know many anti-mosque protesters who are wasting no time implying close links between liberals, Muslims, and Muslim sympathizers. It could almost be believable.

After Muslims I think the far right hates liberals the most.

Enjoy. It's funny.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Flagged and starred if for no other reason than it made me chuckle and I needed that.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
[edit on 8-24-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

That was funny, sadly, it's probably not far from the truth either.

Because you know if you happen to be Liberal (gasp!) you are the next best thing to hating them thar A-rabs.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Heh. Born in the USA seems to have been some sort of patriotic song since it was recorded.

Here's the words:

Born down in a dead man town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the u.s.a., I was born in the u.s.a.
I was born in the u.s.a., born in the u.s.a.

Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A...

Come back home to the refinery
Hiring man said son if it was up to me
Went down to see my v.a. man
He said son, don't you understand

I had a brother at Khe Sahn
Fighting off the Viet Cong
They're still there, he's all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon
I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run aint got nowhere to go

Born in the u.s.a., I was born in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., I'm a long gone daddy in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., born in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., I'm a cool rocking daddy in the u.s.a.

More lyrics: www.lyricsfreak.com...

Heh. Quite a patriotic song for America, yes?

Dumbasses.......

That song was a favorite of some of my buddies in the army, just because it mentioned USA and kill the yelllow man.

Okay, I will read the rest of the thread..........

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Wow. I never really heard those lyrics. Maybe I was just hearing the "born in the U.S.A" part, which sounds to me like a super-patriotic, wave-the-flag kind of song.

The song is actually a protest.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by kyred

Wow. I never really heard those lyrics. Maybe I was just hearing the "born in the U.S.A" part, which sounds to me like a super-patriotic, wave-the-flag kind of song.

A perfect example of people not listening to the whole story before forming their opinions.

And also a perfect example of what happens when they do listen to the whole story.

Also is there something really wrong if some people like "a super-patriotic, wave-the-flag kind of song"?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by kyred

A perfect example of people not listening to the whole story before forming their opinions.

And also a perfect example of what happens when they do listen to the whole story.

Also is there something really wrong if some people like "a super-patriotic, wave-the-flag kind of song"?

Not at all I'd say, I personally think America The Beautiful is also one of the most beautiful songs ever written. We've got quite a few flag-waving songs over in the UK other than God Save The Queen too.

I think the problem, and Born In the USA perfectly exemplifies it, is that people never get past the refrain in most songs, and never get past the headline in most issues.

As for the people who do read all of the information, I wonder how many of them are listening to Billy Joel's Allentown right now across America thinking how true it is today. I also wonder if say 50 years from now, there will be a singer doing a song a lot like Joel's Leningrad about Basra.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Yes it is a satire, NY style. From later in the article

... “I have records that show Thomson voted for Obama,” said Atlas, arms and legs akimbo. “If we are going to allow liberals to live within 50 blocks of the most hallowed ground in America, then we may as well just accept Sharia Law.”

For her part, Thomson seemed unperturbed by the protest.

“I just turned down my hearing aid and went to bed,” said Thomson. I had my gun ready, just in case. Because, you know, liberals are allowed to have guns, too.”

The crowd left Thomson’s building early in the morning, and went to scream at an Italian guy who was selling falafels in a cart near Broadway.

“The food of Satan,” screamed Atlas, hair akimbo.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

No, there's nothing wrong with that kind of song at all. I usually get all teary at "America the Beautiful" and the "Star Spangled Banner" etc.

I was just surprised to learn that "Born in the U.S.A." has a different, more critical message.

join