It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to read posts the mods have edited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This came up while reading the thread about mods putting members on ignore:

I'd like to know if members can put mods on their ignore list and ignore all the edits and warnings that they give out to other members.

Shouldn't it be the choice of the member if we want to see what the mods edit out or not?

Maybe I WANT to see all of the off-comment and "against-the-rules" comments that people post. Why can't I?

I get sick and tired of seeing threads where members have been censored and it's patently obvious that they've said something very interesting by the replies to their comments. This type of thing is often the most expressive and from the heart posting.

... just a thought. Some people WANT to see the censored stuff (i.e as in the Youtube "Comment marked as spam - show comment" option).

Seriously... why not censor it if the mods wish, but give the option for members to display it after it has been censored?

edit: same goes for threads that are deleted. Every once in a while I come across a thread that I think is totally interesting and want to take part it, only to find that it has disappeared. Why can't members have access to that deleted threads if they wish?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by RestingInPieces]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Isn't going to happen.

Some people want to read the staff forums as well. That's not happening either.

The stuff removed was removed for a reason.

Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
No!

new topics

join