It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A political ideology that's turning into a major world religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
While reading Kim Jong Il's bio on wikipedia. I haven't to noticed he found religion in his life. Which is in fact Juche. That surprised me a lot!

From this site here gives a good explanation.
www.adherents.com...

Juche is the only government-authorized ideology in North Korea, to the point of excluding all other religions. "Juche" means "self-reliance" in the Korean language. Some writers cited in the Adherents.com database (under "Juche" as well as "Kimilsungism") classify Juche as a North Korean form of Marxist Communism. Juche began in the 1950s and is the official philosophy promulgated by the North Korean government and educational system. Its promoters describe Juche as simply a secular, ethical philosophy and not a religion. But, from a sociological viewpoint Juche is clearly a religion, and in many ways is even more overtly religious than Soviet-era Communism or Chinese Maoism.

Of course Juche has to be a part of imperial cult?

Kim Il-Sung is even listed on founding Juche as a religion.
en.wikipedia.org...

What is going on here? I never knew an ideology from a country can become a major world religion.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
What is going on here? I never knew an ideology from a country can become a major world religion.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what happened with the Islamic Caliphate over a thousand years ago?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The pope tried to work it in the opposite direction - from religious leadership to political domination...it worked in Europe for what, 1500 years...?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
religon is an explanation to the unexplainded
and if the north koreans want to believe in what ever let um there not strapping bombs on and killing people so i say good luck to them

top topics

join