It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches broken into FOR FOOD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You know it's bad when people break the law, not to mention, STEAL FROM CHURCHES FOR FOOD.

Yeah I'm sure it's a recovery sign of some sort.

N. Nashville Churches Targeted For Food

Police said three churches in north Nashville were broken into this week and that food was the main target.

Police said this is the third time in about the last week that a church in north Nashville has been broken into. They said each time it appears that those responsible were just looking for food.

“Right now, they're not taking items they can resell on the street. It’s just items to survive,” said Brad Johns of Metro police.

Yeah no problem there AT ALL.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is just one of those stories that gets straight to the heart.

The sad thing is that whoever did this could have just approached somebody from the church and gotten food without having to break the law. Even if the church could do nothing more than direct them to a food bank.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

At certain times, a potential "No" is evaluated as far too risky.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Supermarket bins.

tons of free canned/sealed food. that has to be thrown out for various reaons.
if its sealed and airtight, in date, then no problem

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This is just one of those stories that gets straight to the heart.

The sad thing is that whoever did this could have just approached somebody from the church and gotten food without having to break the law. Even if the church could do nothing more than direct them to a food bank.

When I told someone at a church about my financial troubles, I was told, "You need to get a job." Yeah, no kidding...like I couldn't figure that out already...

Another church gave me a few bags of food.

A lot of the churches act like the poor are just trash or something, but some of them actually try to help.

Our local Salvation Army food bank was burgularized the other day and all of the food was stolen, including over 100 pounds of meat. As far as I know, they still haven't caught the guilty party.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Supermarket bins.

tons of free canned/sealed food. that has to be thrown out for various reaons.
if its sealed and airtight, in date, then no problem

This doesn't happen much anymore. Dented stuff is marked down. Expired stuff and dented stuff is sold to discount chains who try to sell it, or is donated to food banks.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
[color=444444]Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?
reply to post by Vitchilo

my first thought was that those little thin wafers don't really fill your you up. [color=444444]Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Our local Salvation Army food bank was burgularized the other day and all of the food was stolen, including over 100 pounds of meat.

We will see more of this as unenployment runs out. I doubt if the thiefs are re-selling the food. They are eating it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
People here on ATS have long speculated for many months on end exactly what purpose all of those FEMA camps will serve during the coming years, and my answer is right here.

The economy is broken, and very soon the streets are going to be filled with starving, desperate and in many cases violent people.

Food is the new gold, followed by water. Get it while you can. Please, please, if you are able to, start preparing now for what is coming.

Stories like this are only the beginning of what is coming. Ignore the early warning signs at your own peril.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
my first thought was that those little thin wafers don't really fill your you up.

Ha Ha Ha!!! That was cute!

My parents' church put together Meals on Wheels meals once a month. They spend a morning cooking and filling the meal containers. They often prepare 100 to 150 meals.

Some churches act as food banks for those who attend.

Some churches have daycares where they prepare breakfast and lunch daily.

Some churches collect food items each week and send the donations once a month to a local food bank.

Some churches prepare a community meal on a regular basis for their members and poor in their community. (I actually know a couple who keep a list of free meals and go to every one in the county.)

Some churches are WIC centers where poor women can get milk, cheese, and assorted foods for their young children.

There are lots of reasons why a church would have food.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Our church has a food pantry.
If you need food,just call the preacher.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat

This doesn't happen much anymore. Dented stuff is marked down. Expired stuff and dented stuff is sold to discount chains who try to sell it, or is donated to food banks.

Yes, I was going to add this. Most of my shopping is done at salvage grocery stores. I actually purchased lots of items at one this week, that I know is food that came from a Whole Foods store. It's sort of hit or miss though, if you are looking for specific items. I have celiac disease, so I love it when I find very expensive gluten free products at the salvage.

For anybody in Louisiana that is interested in saving money on groceries, there are salvage stores located in Kentwood (This one is kinda dumpy) one in Franklinton, and one in Folsum.

edit to add:

I don't go to this one often, so almost forgot. There is one in Bogalusa, too!

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Bankruptcies are at a high of near 1.6 million in the past 12 months,
even with the new law making harder to qualify for it.

41 million are on food stamps.

U6 unemployment count is near 30 million ppl.

Some tent cities have gotten so big that 1 or 2 areas were not enough
and they expanded out to 6 areas around a city.

These harken back to the day of the hoovervilles.

New homes and old homes are bull dozed in some areas to
try to get property values back up for the tax base.

Fire departments are shutdown due to rolling blackouts leading
to the death of ppl.

The country of Iceland went bezerk and they set fire to some
of their government buildings after they found out their pensions
had been robbed by an intentional derivatives scam.

This derivatives scam is globally now valued at approximately
$1,500 Trillion USD, more than the amount of money on the planet.

In 1929 when did not import 70+% of our oil.

Most food in the US only exists due to oil powered machinery.

The corrupt politicians and lobbyists pandered to parasitic plutocrats
to push our jobs overseas or peddle 73 different types of Visas
to bring in cheap labor.

It is all coming to an end.

Get ready now before the house of cards folds in on itself.

The cities will not be safe.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat

There's even a whole supermarket chain devoted to selling outdated and dented foods to run down neighborhoods:

Amelia's Grocery Outlet

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I thank God I have all that I do. It is these stories that put what I work for in perspective.

This is also a sad example of what is happening to our country today. I expect that such stories will be covered more and more in the future.

top topics

join