It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insect or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
My daughter and I recently enjoyed a thousand mile round trip to Stonehenge (the English are crazy drivers LOL) on the 13th of this month and it was fantastic but something that was pointed out to me by my wife has had me scratching my chin since she said "What is that?" The last time she said something like that it was to turn me around and point me in the direction of a UFO above our house shortly before it started to do some weird things.

Anyway the thing in the video It looks like it could be an insect but I would have noticed if there was an insect inside the car with us as I once crashed an army land-rover through a hedge when a yellow jacket stung me in the chest back in the day when men were men and sheep were nervous.

Anyway I post this here to gain some objective opinions from the jaded and knowledgeable as to what this could be, insect or intergalactic shadow drone for the federation of planets?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I actually do think it could be an insect rather than "something else" but I know there are many skilled analytical minds here who will tell me straight and thus give a confirmation and a nod in the direction of insect life rather than something else would be useful to me.

It does strike me as seeming more than a little coincidental that my daughter who was filming would capture something like this above such a magical place at such a time in our lives when we have both ben seeing odd things in the skies above Edinburgh.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Smudge on windscreen

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for that mate, I knew ATS would come through for me and tell me that the spaceship was a smudge

/me takes off off tinfoil hat!

(Star for the laugh)

[edit on 23-8-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No worries. Took a replay to be sure.

Sounds like you had a good enough time anyway

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
yup,definetly a smudge on the windscreen. It doesnt move in relation to the pull down mirror when the camera starts moving although if you dont notice this it does look like something floating across.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Sounds like you may have experienced some of England's great wonders: the Boy-Racer and the Sunday Driver.

The former being a pedal to the metal 17 year old who spends ALL of his spare time either at 9000 revs or spending more than he earns on his small feminine vehicle.

The latter, the Sunday Driver, is generally a 65+ male driving his wife to a picnic location on a sunday afternoon. Max speeds range from 15mph - 40mph on national speed limit roads. The most notable trait of a Sunday Driver is the 3 mile tailback he usually takes with him everywhere he goes.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Sorry to be off topic, but.......loved that post!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The big thing I noticed was the tailgater... This is among the worst habit that I detest on the road. I wonder if I might have brought much of this on myself as I have a Saltire on my rear bumper lol.

I sure did have a great time of course and we camped overnight on Salisbury plain. I used to spend a LOT of free time there when I was based in the Tidworth garrison so I was very happy to find that not much had changed since the 90’s. When we hit the area I showed my daughter Bulford camp and one of the white horses of Wiltshire and then we hid up in a wooded area and that night we watched a platoon of soldiers on an oposite hill warring with each other and my daughter only became a little concerned when a flare went up and she thought we might get spotted.

I joked with her and said we are civilians on a trip to Stonehenge, we are not an afghan wedding party and anyway we are well out of sight.

Thanks for the laughs Andy you seem to know the south of England well lol

Might as well let this thread die if you will, I am happy it was just a smudge though Sandri_90 did tell me this a while ago but still, second opinions and all that

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
...The latter, the Sunday Driver, is generally a 65+ male driving his wife to a picnic location on a sunday afternoon. Max speeds range from 15mph - 40mph on national speed limit roads. The most notable trait of a Sunday Driver is the 3 mile tailback he usually takes with him everywhere he goes.

Another notable trait:
The turn signal that has been on continuously for the past 5 or 10 miles. I once heard a comedian call this the "eventual turn indicator".

...back on topic (lest I get a nasty note from a mod)
:
As said, the "smudge" moves with the car, which is most evident when the driver made a right turn at around the :13 mark.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I think it might be something smashed on your windshield. It's position appears to be moving until you watch it relative to the rear view mirror. Then you can see that its always in the same spot. Sorry friend. Given that it was "over" Stonehenge I was hoping it was more too

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There was a very popular video on the YT where you could clearly see a ghost crossing the road, like walking or semi-floating or so.

The video had been was shot from the driver's seat. By paying close attention frame by frame the "ghost" was easily trackable, and happened to be some kind of dirt opportunistically smashed on the windshield. The optical effect was awsome anyway.

Guess we got the same kind of thing here.

new topics

top topics

join