It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Australian Football connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
From afl.com.au...

As the next cricket season drew to a close, four men � Thomas Wills, William Hammersley, James Thompson (all high-profile Victorian cricketers) and Thomas Smith (a teacher at Scotch College) � came together on May 17,1859, to draw up a set of rules. They had been part of a group of Melbourne cricketers who had formed the Melbourne Football Club three days earlier. The Melbourne Football Club is the earliest surviving major football club formed in the world. Geelong, formed in July 1859, is the second oldest.

Hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey stay out of my forums on sportztawk i was their first and i caught some of you looking in there earlier...LMAO!!

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Jesus H. You go out with the family for the day, and all hell breaks loose.
Its taken about an hour just to catch up and get my head around it all.
Not sure if I'm actually up to speed.

Anyway I googled all the names and they do all appear in one relevant topic as stated here.
To add to what has gone before The Melbourne Football Club are called the Demons.
This could be useful when searching sports forums on the subject.
More interesting is this post by Kano a Super Moderator from Aus who likes his Aussie rules football... I've started looking at his previous posts to see if he has any thing containing any of the key words. Like william did in Sportztawk. Incidently does anyone know if Kano uses Sportztalk, if so what is his name.

"...Yeah over here the main paper is The West Australian. Its pretty much Footy news on the back page every day (Aussie rules obviously). Unless theres something major to bump it. (Actually even then it usually cracks a mention somewhere on the back page)...."

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.iafc.com.au...

sydney swans seems to be quite interesting, credit helenheaven

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Would his member name be Kano aswell on sportztawk by any chance or maybe he has a mysterious one he posts under?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well I have a different name on S.T

You know have a rant and then...it wasn't me.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well just check the members list Kano is on there, 4th page. Can't remember if he has made any posts though.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by The Real Deal]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Nah...he hasn't posted ever........not once.

Back to the drawing board...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I looked at those fight songs (anthems, anyone?) too, and, unfortunately, there are only 16 and not 19...

Then, there are the Adelaide Crows. Remember the mention of "crow eaters" in a clue?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
one of those constellations, crux or cygnus, (2 other clues) is also called the swan

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
OK, cygnus is swan
and crux is southern cross (australia)

= Sydney Swans
Wills, harrison, thompson and Hammersly formed the Australian Football League

anthem = song

check out their anthem

so close.....

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey. And the Sydney Swans colors are Red and White. Just like ATS...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
actually its more like red and black and gray. like a crow?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well they all belonged to melbourne.. I mean look at the origional 3. The melbourne fight song is about the flag... which has the crux constellation on it

the sequence must have something to do with the???? Maybe??

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
down at the bottom, you can listen to the fight song

demons.com.au...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
this is some crazy stuff i sure dont think it is a coinkidink but i could be wrong.

join