It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian hung parliament

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
so you are saying in no way is the new media controlled?
how a survey is done affects the results.
and out right lies.

reply to post by Silver Shadow

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Media could be manipulated to bring about victory for one side or the other.
But surely manipulating opinion to bring about an exact draw would be horrendously difficult. How can anyone fine-tune an operation as closely as that?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately the independants and the greens are the party's most likely to stop this country from moving forward... a vote for the greens or any other independant is in reality a protest vote.
The labour and liberal parties whistle the same tune on a different scale and the greens are in the corner pinging their little triangle..... All I can say is GM for PM!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
Unfortunately the independants and the greens are the party's most likely to stop this country from moving forward... a vote for the greens or any other independant is in reality a protest vote.
The labour and liberal parties whistle the same tune on a different scale and the greens are in the corner pinging their little triangle..... All I can say is GM for PM!

Spearhead.....

Who's GM?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
so did anyone view those videos or just forget about them and change subject would really like to know what everyone else thought of them

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Silver shadow you are a breath of fresh air my friend, have a star

Some are funny some are worried, i reckon the worried ones need not too. we are one, but we are many, we live in a great country that most of the world don't even know which coast NZ sits on let alone what a kangaroo is

Your fear is worthless be greatful you don't live else where

Wally

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What will happen if your guys cant decide who takes power? will the queen of england have to choose like she would in britain?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonhplayer
What will happen if your guys cant decide who takes power? will the queen of england have to choose like she would in britain?

The lower house will put it to a vote. The independents have to vote one way or the other. We will then officially have a Prime Minister.
In essence, whoever gets the most votes wins the job.

But that will not fix the basic problem.
One of two things could then happen.

The politicians themselves could decide to hold a fresh Federal election.
There are several ways that could happen, they could all just agree to do it, or there are triggers such as the blocking of supply, which would force a new election.

The other way would be if the Governor General is petitioned, or just decides Herself, that things cannot continue on in chaos.
The Governor general then dismisses Parliament, and forces a Federal election, just as happened when the Whitlam Government was sacked.

I would guess that we will all be back shoving more pieces of paper into ballot boxes fairly soon.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Theres been talk today of the 3 independants toying with the idea of forming a government using ministers from both Labour and Liberal parties.

The concept sounds good, but in practise I do not know how it would work successfully.

You may aswell form a super-co-alition and run the country forever without any decent opposition.....

Dont know if it would be good for democracy.

I wonder also are there any "dark-forces" behind the scenes talking to these 3 independants to sway them a certain way.

dont like the way it has panned out personally, just hope whatever comes out of it is for the benefit of the country. I think the Governor general should stay out of the decision making process in this case, due to the conflict of interest with Bill Shorten.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by buddha

Media could be manipulated to bring about victory for one side or the other.
But surely manipulating opinion to bring about an exact draw would be horrendously difficult. How can anyone fine-tune an operation as closely as that?

1.constant polling before the election
2.bothe parties having no real substance
3.advertising.
4.marketing
5.T.V personalities showing bias this way or that in order to sway votes.
6.very bad news in local electorates
7.very good news in local electorates.

see, in order to have a favorable outcome, you don't need to buy every vote or tell every individual how to vote, simply manipulate small pockets of the population.

example, I rarely use fb for social networking, yet everytime I logged on, there was a very bad picture of Tony Abbot.
who was fb targeting?
the younger generation

and the media works its magic everyday without you even realizing.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Believe it or not that is me..... GM for PM

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Governor General is Bill Shortens mother in law.One has to go as it is a conflict of interest,it wont be Shorten because he will rise to the top of the alp very soon.The GG cannot rule under these circumstances.

Do not forget when you vote,they supply you with a grey lead PENCIL.
All ballot papers are filled out with pencil which is easily removed.
Why not offer pens? Ink is more permanent harder to rub out and alter.

Media manipulation was in fine form,on yahoo i done a survey which had the libs at about 60% of the vote,the article on the same page saying how labour was winning the poles,i had to laugh.

So whats the bet Americas next one will be tight too?

Setting up instability in governments to push another agenda forward,one government.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

There have been worse conficts in the past relating to the GG.
also she was "not" his mother in law when she became the GG.

Look back at members of political parties who have gone on to become GG, Hayden for example..Now that would have been a conflict..

BTW, the GG can pass a decision onto another Governor in another state if they feel there is a conflict.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonhplayer
will the queen of england have to choose like she would in britain?

No, the only power the Queen has over Australia is she appoints the Govenor General the Prime Minister selects.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think in this situation because the Governor General represents the queen, the queen herself should get invovled and mediate since she doesnt have any allegiances or conflicts of interest with any of the major parties.

The Governor general has in the past commented on labouir policies aswell, supporting the Carbon tax proposed by kevin Rudd, so she has defaulted her obligations as a GG in this situation by opening her mouth.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Neither the Queen or Governor General can have any say at all in who becomes Prime Minister, beyond sacking a really bad one, and calling for a fresh election.

It is the Pollies that decide who it is going to be.
That is how Julia got the job in the first place.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
so you are saying in no way is the new media controlled?
how a survey is done affects the results.
and out right lies.

reply to post by Silver Shadow

So what if the media is controlled ?
Maybe some of the surveys are totally rigged too.
If tell you that Julia Gillard is really a shape shifting alien sent to Earth, would you believe that ?

You get to cast your vote, and your vote will be counted just like everyone else's. And that makes the election fair and above board.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join