It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caution - a new "hoaxer" is on Youtube

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
While I don't doubt that she's likely a hoaxer.... why on earth would the guy from the Dept. of Transportation not point out this hill and this road if he knows thats where his cameras are facing?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
How does posting some UFO videos on youtube equal an income?

Straight from the entertainment industry:

"ANY publicity is GOOD publicity!"

Local bands (used to) pull pranks all the time for publicity. Now you can't even make a tasteless joke without someone making a law against it. Now we just make ridiculous flyers. Maybe I should start a channel on YT... we'll start posting orb pics from our shows... apparently orbs LOVE stage lights, especially when they have pretty gels!

Not saying I don't believe in ghosts/aliens/etc., but seriously... some people need to do a little more investigation before posting their videos. I've seen way too many that appear to be UFO's under the clouds, but when looking closer, it was mountains. Cars. I've been caught by it before myself, but I rationalized in the daylight, and if I had a vid, it wouldn't have made it online... even after my disappointment.

She should try getting video in the daylight so people have a REAL view of the landscape. Unfortunately, someone else has to do it for her

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Gavron.....

I encourage others to come to Tucson sometime and enjoy the beauty here.

I enjoyed the great pleasure of visiting Tucson recently when visiting one of our business partners.

What a terrific place!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Free spirit.....

How do you think she will go on the Jaime Maussan TV show?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"Comment Pending Approval!"

Meh...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ugh... I think we need to get some investigators down there and clarify the facts, god dammit. Anyone got some decent Hi-Def camera gear? Maybe we can all chip in. If we can just get someone down to the location in question, take some good shots, some solid video footage (be sure to use a tripod!)... well then maybe -- once and for all -- with the help of some of our expert analyzers, we can find out for absolutely certain... if she really is that hot of a blond or not!

As for the "UFO's"... surely just some cars!

[edit on 23/8/10 by Navieko]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by gavron

Anyway, I posted on her page on You Tube an invitation to join ATS.
Also, that we think she's a hoaxer...

Woah, woah, woah.

Don't use "we" lightly around here. I didn't say she was "hoaxing". I said she was "delusional". Don't go around saying ATS'ers are this or that especially on other sites. It gives ATS a bad or crazy persona to the non-initiated or delusional.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I find the idea of watching webcams around the world facinating. Althou finding UFO's on the images can be discussed to death whether it is planes/balloons/swampgas, whatever, just makes it what it is... an UFO. Not implying it is tourists from space, but some phenomena we don't understand yet.

I recently made a program, that would do just that; download images from a bunch of different webcams around the world, at a fixed time interval. Let it download a couple hundred images, and put them into sequence, creating an AVI file.

All you get is a time-lapsed video of the sight you choose. In many cases they are fascinating to watch.

Here is one from the Eiffel tower i recorded recently

The image source used is:
www.paris-live.com...

That image is updated every 10th second.

Take a look at 0:54 - 0:58 in the video, this is also timestamped in the images on top to 17. aug. 2010 23:54

You will notice a white dot appear from nowhere, moving up-right, then disappear. I don't know what it is, but i guess it can be anything.

(The original image-size from the camera is 800x608)

When i get the time ill try to pinpoint the exact webcam location using google earth, and then feed this position into stellarium. That might reveal its just a satellite.

There are also 4 stars visible, i think. They are not moving so it could be a camera malfunction? Btw.. should'nt stars not be visible?

I also have some facinating images from Bora Bora. Take a look at the sun in the right part of the image:

It's completely black! First i thought i had captured an eclipse, but it turned out its a common camera-error/glitch. Something about the sun an angles... im no expert in that area. Maybe someone can explain it?

Anyway if you want to check it out for yourself, the Bora Bora webcam is actually 4 cameras mounted side by side, producing a panorama view. Here is the link to the cameras:
Bora Bora webcams

Ill post more videos later if anyone is interested. Its fun to be a ufohunter@home

[edit on 23-8-2010 by kloejen]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Kloejen.....

Your time-lapse video is very interesting!

The "black circle on sun" is a common digital camera effect as follows:

A digital camera has a electronic image sensor that converts light into an electronic signal. If an object is very bright, it can overwhelm the sensor. If you watch video shot with early digital video cameras, you'll see very bright lights show up on the recording as a bright vertical line. The engineers who designed cameras decided that wasn't a useful failure mode so they wrote instructions into the camera to shut off the pixels that got hit with the too bright light. Hence the black dot where the sun should be.

Sources: en.wikipedia.org...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
Apparently there is a new hoaxer on Youtube by the name of "sheilaaliens". Her profile describes her a model, photographer, paranormal researcher, and she posts quite a few videos she makes herself of strange lights she sees.

The problem is, I know exactly what she is filming since I live just down the street from her here in Tucson. Her "aliens orbies" are just cars driving down from Mt Lemmon after dark. The road is a nice gradual drive that heads up Mt Lemmon, rising up to the east on a twisting path. About 4 miles up is a pullout called Babat Duag point, where many go to watch the amazing sunsets here in Tucson.

She just posted two videos dates 8/20 where she said Tucson was covered in chem trails all day making it hazy at night. However, if you go to the UA webcam site, you can see pictures of the sky taken every hour/24 hours....and they dont show these chem trails at all. When confronted with that, she quickly blocks me.

So, please take any videos posted by the "sheilaaliens" with a grain of salt. They all can be explained as just normal lights/traffic/aircraft filmed by a drunk model.

- Gavron

Some people have entirely too much time on their hands... One wonders what makes people FAKE UFO's and contact? Why not wait for the real thing... (soon maybe soon)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for clearing that up

I was sure it was something about that.

So its also possible that some CCD cells burn out, and that explains the "stars" in the Eiffel tower picture? If so, would'nt these be black then ?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen

Thanks for clearing that up

I was sure it was something about that.
So its also possible that some CCD cells burn out, and that explains the "stars" in the Eiffel tower picture? If so, would'nt these be black then ?

Kloejen.....

Have a look at this.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In regards to the Sheila Aliens video ^^ seems like we got off tangent a bit ^^ I went and reviewed her YT channel and after looking at her videos there are several that are obviously traffic or other types of low flying traffic.. however, there are a few that are quite stunning to say the least. I think the problem with witnesses like this there tends to be a muddying of the case when ifo's are shown with ufo's.

Any ideas here? I assume there are some mountains we can't see and this is a car turning around the bend and then just blinks out?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by epicvision

video link
Any ideas here? I assume there are some mountains we can't see and this is a car turning around the bend and then just blinks out?

[url=http://i34.tinypic.com/353czfa.jpg]Image / Tucson

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Yep I see it.. another IFO

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
"I hope that people will start like, you know, hunting UFO's."

She's definitely just a lying young chick.

And the way she blocked you after you proved she was wrong, is the perfect evidence she's just trying to sell her silly stories to some mag.

Maybe you can sell your first-hand-hoax-proof story of her to another mag?

This is not good stuff for the UFO subject.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

You are correct about the stuck pixels. I dug down, and found out that the camera's are produced at a company called Stardot-tech

A quick search thru their faq, revealed this page

Why are there white spots on my image?

This is a result of low lighting. The imaging sensor chip is not getting enough light. The imaging processor utilizes the existing light and lengthens the exposure. As a result, white spots, noisy pixels or general image noise may appear. Indoor Solution: Open the iris more. Outdoor Solution: Limit the "maximum exposure" to 2000 and/or provide additional lighting.

So much for the stars

Wonder if google street maps can find the exact position of the camera, and maybe even the angle ?

I put up a quick site for the program i made. Use PhotoLapse to create an .AVI file.

Btw.. is there a site you would recommend on how to track current satellite positions? Currently i use software called Stellarium but i'm not sure all "known" sats are listed there?

high-5

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
(Nevermind)

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Jonas86]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Kloejen.....

This might be interesting:

www.heavensabove.com

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
"hoax" and youtube go hand in hand.

However, I often times wonder just how many youtube videos are sincere and real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join