It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't find a K8NGM2-H bios

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes it is AMI.

I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. Tell you how it goes.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I contacted MSI and got this Email...

Unfortunately, we were not able to find the correct bios for this
particular motherboard because it falls under an OEM product.

We can not offer support for OEM products. Support is only for MSI
retail products.

You may have to contact the original OEM manufacturer for further
support for this particular board.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
From what I have seen in their forum that board is not OEM.

Just to confirm it, what's the BIOS versions that it shows when starting up?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

v2.59 bios version (actually) found that out last night.

During the start up there is an MSI logo and a "Live Update" logo (even though live update doesn't work)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
2.59 doesn't look like being from the same "family" as those on the MSI site, unless it's a very old version.

If it's an OEM version of the board you need to know what company it's from, maybe by using the FCC identification code, but I don't know if that would help.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wait... I think I found it... E Machines... I don't get it though... My PC isn't an E-Machine. I got it out of an MSI Box... The start up doesn't say E Machines anywhere...

When I go to the E-Machines site I don't find anything except to search my proprietary pc model number. I don't have an E-Machine so I have no idea...

I looked a bit more and found a support site for Emachines / Gateway hardware... I found a K8ngm2-l v 1.0.... that's not my board....

This is starting to turn into a nightmare.

P.S. It is confirmed btw. The mobo image I posted previously is the same board I am using.

My new CPU came today and no love with updating the bios. Makes me sad..

[edit on 26-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Apparently they used an OEM BIOS with a common board (I don't know if that's normal, I never had to do this type of work with an OEM board), so although the board is the same, if you use the MSI BIOS you may lose access to some functionalities.

I have seen on the MSI forums many people complaining about problems after flashing their BIOS, and the most common problem was using the wrong BIOS.

Apparently, if that happens, you really need a floppy disk to do an automatic BIOS recovery.

MSI does not support OEM boards, naturally.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That would be all fine and dandy if I could find who does. I can't believe that MSI wouldn't at least steer you in the right direction of where to get support for an OEM board...

Now I'm back to square one, trying to figure out who used this board (or the board with the common bios)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I installed my Dual Core and it runs flawlessly. I would still like to update my bios, but since it runs my DC I am far less stressed about it.

On a side note though it would be a good thing to figure this out as there are tons of people with the same problem I am having. If we narrow it down this thread could help a lot of people besides myself.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Do you know the motherboard's part number?

I found a BIOS update for a MS-7207 motherboard on the eMachines site, but it says that it's for a MS-7207 motherboard, part number 105551, only.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Where would I find the part #?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

That's a good question.

It's usually near the model or a sticker or painted on the motherboard itself, with a bar code.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join