It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Teleporter Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I wanted to bring back a discussion from an earlier thread, on Gil Perez, the teleporter man. I've read a lot on this case and still can't seem to reach a satisfying conclusion.

Gil Perez – The Teleporter Man

The case of Gil Perez is interesting and is a story which you could use as a late at night scary tale to tell, if you put a few extra spins on it. Gil Perez was a Spanish soldier who was serving with the Filipino Guard in Manilla. The story goes that he mysteriously appeared in Mexico City which is more than 9, 000 nautical miles away. He was still wearing the uniform of the Palacio Del Gobernador from the Philippines. According to Perez, he had no idea how he got there. This may sound like a bland story at first, but the fascination is in the detail.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/670feb59c3ce.png[/atsimg]

Perez told officials in Mexico that the Governor of the Philippines, Dasmarinas was killed by the Chinese while he was on sentry duty. When quizzed on how exactly he got to Mexico City he claimed that he was tired and decided to rest on the wall, upon opening his eyes he was in a different place and did not know how get there, supposedly he did not believe the guards when they first told him that he was all the way in Mexico. The reason why he did not believe it initially was because he was adamant that he received military orders on the morning of October 23 in Manilla... while it was now in the evening of the 24th all the way in Mexico City. Upon being questioned by the Church all he could say was that he traveled that large distance “in less time than it takes a cock to crow”. When news came from Philippines which confirmed Perez’s story about the Philippine Governor as well as other elements of his story, the authorities were bewildered. One of the passengers on the messenger ship swore that he saw Perez in Manilla on the 23rd.

Main source; L & P Fanthrope: The World's Most Mysterious People

It's a really fascinating case and I wonder what you guys have to say about it. Is there any plausible way to denounce what happened here?

[edit on 20/8/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
That is an interesting story, but I didn't see a year given. Is there any way that a telegraph could have been sent? I'm not sure if that was possible across the pacific at that time.

The only other way to debunk it would be to say he made up a story and got it right in a one in a million chance. That doesn't seem likely though.

It'll be interesting to hear some theories as I love when this story comes up on listverse but there's never any real discussion over there

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thanks Serbsta!
I didn't know about him.
Interesting, where did you get the info?

SNC

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dream Evil

October 24, 1593.

reply to post by snc24

The main source is listed in the OP. I'm hoping others would know some more on this.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The authorities placed Perez in jail as a deserter and for the possibility that he may have been in the service of Satan. The Most Holy Tribunal of the Inquisition questioned the soldier, but all he could say in his defence was that he had travelled from Manila to Mexico "in less time than it takes a cock to crow"....

.............his account has received wide circulation, but historian Mike Dash notes that there are some problems with the story which call its accuracy into question.

Perhaps most importantly, Dash notes that the earliest extent accounts of Perez's mysterious disappearance date from more than a century after the supposed events. Though Perez was supposedly held for some time on suspicion of witchcraft, no records of his imprisonment or interrogation have been found.

indianfriendfinder.com...

I went to Dash’s blog to see if there was more information
blogs.forteana.org...
lots of interesting stuff, but nothing else on Perez that I could find

top topics

join