It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What message do these 'dark' artists want to give us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
More and more I see world famous artist flash these occult and satan related symbols in their music-clip. Their lyricks can also be explained as a tribute and love for their 'master'.

At first I didn't think much about it and considered their behaviour as part of their image for the world and fans. But there are so many similarities among the many artist that this can not be the case anymore. I refuse to belief that they all of a sudden what to have the same image....

What is going on...? In interviews artist are asked about the meaning of their behaviour or the symbols they use and often they joke about it and say they sold their soul to the devil and worship satan. Not much later they say it is all a joke and that people just love it....

The other day I watched on YouTube a Jay-Z clip and in this life performance he does his triangle symbol with his hands and belief it or not the entire crowd make this symbol with both hands for him.

It is not only Jay-Z who flashes the 'horned hand', his wife, Rihanna and even the innocent looking Taylor Swift does it. On a photograph I see many politicians do it too....including Obama and Bush, Putin, Berlusconi.......even one of his Bush' generals.

Does this mean the satan/NWO worshippers are comming out of the closet and that they consider themselfs the chosen ones and one big happy family?
Or am I imagining things and do they greet members of the texas longhorn club?

Can anybody explain to me what is going on and what they want the 'common' people to know?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by zatara]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

They're just dancing and striking poses for the camera...it's pretty much that simple. Some of the hand signs can be tracked back to gang symbols of identity. The westcoast/eastcoast BS of the late 80s and 90s. Nothing sinister unless you happen to be on the wrong side of town.

The 'horned hand' is done to death in the rock scene. Kiss, Black Sabbath and hundreds of others have been rocking that sign since at least 1969.

I've seen tennis players and actors raise their hands with that one.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Can anybody explain to me what is going on and what they want the 'common' people to know?
[edit on 20-8-2010 by zatara]

This is a pretty good website (IMO) that goes into detail about some of the symbolism in the entertainment industry... vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

What do make of Bob Dylan telling the interviewer with a straight face that he is still making music because he is upholding his end of the deal he made with the devil a long time ago.....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Peace and War.... I dont think so

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Very strange because there are other artist saying the same thing. In the early days there was no such a thing made public about an artist..... let alone by himself.

That's just not true. There were plenty of blues men who claimed to have gone down to the crossroads and sold their soul to the Devil so they could be good at guitar. Most notable of these is Robert Johnson. Going back even farther the violin virtuoso Paganini was believed to have sold his soul to the Devil and I remember hearing that similar claims were made about Mozart, although I could be wrong on that one.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

What do make of Bob Dylan telling the interviewer with a straight face that he is still making music because he is upholding his end of the deal he made with the devil a long time ago.....[yvid] At about 2:20 min into the vid Dylan is revealing very carefully about the selling of his ass.

If true, it would show that the devil enjoys fine music. I like a lot of 60s and 70s Dylan. I don't believe there's a devil to buy or sell souls and think Dylan was knowingly adding to his mythology. He knows how he'll go down in history and many of the greats left behind an air of mystery. In 66 or 67, I'm sure he said the same thing and claimed he did a deal on Route 66.

Here's s transcript of your interview for the record...

Question: Why do you still do it? Why are you still out here?
Dylan: It goes back to that destiny thing. I made a bargain with it a long time ago, and I’m holding up my end.
Q: What was your bargain?
Dylan: To get where I am now.
Q: Should I ask whom you made the bargain with?
Dylan: With the chief commander.
Q: On this earth?
Dylan: (laughing) On this earth and the world we can’t see.
2000lies.blogspot.com...

join