It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Evil exists because good men do nothing."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
MY last topic,

Most know the quote,"Evil exists because good men do nothing."

Which is more evil, the evil men that exist in the world or the good men that sit idly by and watch ?

Or the men that make excuses for the evil that exist in the world.

That is the question, no more no less.

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Which is more evil, the evil men that exist in the world or the good men that sit idly by and watch ?

Then wouldn't it mean that there are NO good men? Just different shades or levels of evil? You can't say that "good" men are at the same time "evil".
It's just varying degrees of evil or, depending on how you look at it, degrees of good.
Like how cold is the lack of heat...
You know?

[edit on 20/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
History mostly blames the good men who act against evil.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Then wouldn't it mean that there are NO good men? Just different shades or levels of evil? You can't say that "good" men are at the same time "evil".
It's just varying degrees of evil or, depending on how you look at it, degrees of good.
Like how cold is the lack of heat...
You know?

[edit on 20/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

It could yes, mean that there are no good men, just different levels of good and evil,

this phrase came to mind,

How horrible it will be for those who call evil good and good evil, who turn darkness into light and light into darkness, who turn what is bitter into something sweet and what is sweet into something bitter.

Are we living in a time in which it is hard to distinguish good from evil?

and people choose to believe lies.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
History mostly blames the good men who act against evil.

I have seen that happen many times.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think it's that our imperfections make us feel unworthy to stand up to true evil. We are all flawed and many of the flawed turn introspective to root out "evil". This is our trap as humans. We are all flawed and the good book says something to the tune of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Thus we are rendered defenseless against evil if we fall into that mind trap of wait for God to sort things out. It's a scam. The good book lets evil proliferate.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
who's evil and who is good? the average human can't tell the difference. the only comparison they have to work with is god and satan.

the evil man is obviously evil, the guy who sits there and do nothing is not evil. he is not responsible for the actions of other men but he is a selfish coward. if there were punishment for being a selfish coward, it would be on the same intensity as for being evil.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

I think it's that our imperfections make us feel unworthy to stand up to true evil. We are all flawed and many of the flawed turn introspective to root out "evil". This is our trap as humans. We are all flawed and the good book says something to the tune of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Thus we are rendered defenseless against evil if we fall into that mind trap of wait for God to sort things out. It's a scam. The good book lets evil proliferate.

It is also about the control drama, I so often see people side with a bully and attack the weak or humble, what is it in the hearts of men that they become followers of the squeaky wheel?

We are always living in times that try mens souls.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
who's evil and who is good? the average human can't tell the difference. the only comparison they have to work with is god and satan.

the evil man is obviously evil, the guy who sits there and do nothing is not evil. he is not responsible for the actions of other men but he is a selfish coward. if there were punishment for being a selfish coward, it would be on the same intensity as for being evil.

Yes that the old, evil came for one pour soul and I sat back and did nothing and while I was sitting back doing nothing evil came for me.

And then there is evil that disguises itself as good.

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
MY last topic,

Most know the quote,"Evil exists because good men do nothing."

Or the men that make excuses for the evil that exist in the world.

That is the question, no more no less.

Hello Stormdancer-

I wrote a post about positive negative I think you might enjoy the read if you want to. I hope you have a positive day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It is more complicated than that. It is not that the good men sit by idling, it is just there are many factors in this equation. A person can't stop something doesn't know exists.

What I mean, you have full faith and trust in your leaders not knowing their intentions. With your trust they can sell you wars, evil, and corruption as long as you don't the evil intent. They give you the old patriotic, terrorism, and illegitimate threat speech and you buy it.

The reason this happens is because every human has an evil side. Most would justify the evil to make money. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
there is an interesting show on soon, not sure what chanel or time but i'll tell you when i find out.
the advertisement for it says "it doesn't take much for good men to do good things as it doesn't take much for evil men to do evil things but it takes religion for good men to do evil things"
i agree with this that religion has created more evils than money ever has.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here are some observations and thoughts from the IChing, ( CF Bains translation) which is the oldest book in the world.

Thus the superior man curbs evil and furthers good,
And thereby obeys the benevolent will of heaven.

If evil is resisted from the first it never takes hold.

The sun brings both evil and good into the light of
day. Man must combat and curb the evil, and must favor and promote the
good. Only in this way does he fulfill the benevolent will of God, who desires only good and not evil.

A law of nature is at work here. Evil is not destructive to the good alone but inevitably destroys itself as well. For evil, which lives solely by negation, cannot continue to exist on its own strength alone. The inferior man himself fares best when held under control by a superior man.

The dark power at first held so high a place that it could wound all who were on the side of good and of the light. But in the end it perishes of its own darkness, for evil must itself fall at the very moment when it has wholly overcome the good, and thus consumed the energy to which it owed its duration.

In a resolute struggle of the good against evil, there are, however, definite rules that must not be disregarded, if it is to succeed. First, resolution must be based on a union of strength and friendliness. Second, a compromise with evil is not possible; evil must under all circumstances be openly discredited. Nor must our own passions and shortcomings be glossed over. Third, the struggle must not be carried on directly by force. If evil is branded, it thinks of weapons, and if we do it the favor of fighting against it blow for blow, we lose in the end because thus we ourselves get entangled in hatred and passion.

Therefore it is important to begin at home, to be on guard in our own persons against the faults we have branded. In this way, finding no opponent, the sharp edges of the weapons of evil becomes dulled. For the same reasons we should not combat our own faults directly. As long as we wrestle with them, they continue victorious. Finally, the best way to fight evil is to make energetic progress in the good.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I disagree with the literal premise. Evil exists because good exists. You can't eradicate evil without eliminating good.

More accurately (IMO), evil thrives when it's permitted. Of course, the dilemma is when you have concepts like "greater good" "necessary evil" which turns everything in a more complex direction.

A lot of it is situational, and subjective, based upon social norms of the times and particular society.

Nothing is simple, nothing is cut and dried. Little is universally agreed upon. If only it were.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Animals being very perceptive are a really good judge of energy.

I have always been very fond of them and will always be in support of their fair and kind treatment because of it.

We all can make a difference in this world through positive energy even if it is considered minuscule by some.

Understanding and Kindness to animals is a beginning with the hope that this kindness will eventually transcend to becoming common amongst all members of the human race as time goes on.

I believe that this is what spiritual awareness and awakening is comprised of due to arrive in 2012.

For once we can begin to respect one another it makes it far more difficult to hate one another. Human or animal aside.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
One must also understand that one harms and kills others just by living a seemingly peaceful life within the United States. Freedom, peace, and ease of life comes at a cost to others. The third world is manipulated, decimated, and placed in shackles so that some may have cheap products, houses, and quiet neighborhoods. Peace seems to come at a price, a price other nations and peoples have to pay. Our homeland is free of strife, yet we fight our battles in someone's space. Their peace, security, and well being doesn't exist. They are victims of our comfort. Slave laborers, War Casualties, Nations suffering from Corporate Vampirism, Sex Slaves, Orphans, The Starving, and a Variety of others all pay the price for our freedom and safety. Every peace of clothing upon our backs, every single piece of food we place into our mouths, every minute we spend in our comfy beds....someone payed for with their life and well being. Nations crumble and people die so that we may enjoy peace....

This issue...is one of madness. Its a cycle of war and hatred. Our peace drives others to hate us...and I must say, rightfully so. Their hate begets more wars, violence, poverty, and exploitation; so, the cycle continues. One day, maybe one day, someone will discover a way to end that cycle. I will continue to believe and not give up on believing.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My overall point is that evil exist because the cycle exists. Someone's peace breeds another's hatred.

It is one of the longest, most constant cycles within the history of humanity...
Something must be done.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

You make some really good points, is it just we support evil and don't even realize it sometimes.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yes, I know it is complicated, ty I learn a lot from others take on the subject.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
My overall point is that evil exist because the cycle exists. Someone's peace breeds another's hatred.

It is one of the longest, most constant cycles within the history of humanity...
Something must be done.

Yes, it is a cycle.

trapped, stranded

<<   2 >>

join