It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you trust?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
They don't have to be just a politician but any public figure that is involved in political opinion. News anchor or comedian or politician, it's your choice. With this current political climate of anxiety and anger, there are few people that are truly trusted anymore. And while we all may disagree about who is most trustworthy, and whether you consider them a sell-out or a liar is not relevant.

Not in any specific order, but my top 10 are:

Bill Maher, Real Time with Bill Maher
Ed Schultz, The Ed Show
Cenk Uygur, The Young Turks
Dylan Ratigan, The Dylan Ratigan Show
Dennis Kucinich, Congressman
Ron Paul, Congressman
Alan Grayson, Congressman
Lawrence O'Donnell, Upcoming show: The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell
Sherrod Brown, Senator
Bernie Sanders, Senator

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
He's no longer with us, but I always felt that George Carlin was a pretty bright guy who shot straight and didn't pull any punches.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
NOBODY, not even myself.

2nd

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
boris johnson.
this man can barely string a sentence together so he'll rarely be able to lie.
if he didn't get drunk and break that window while in oxford uni, he could be prime minister. think about that.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by listerofsmeg]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Sadly, I trust no-one.

I have tried.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Misoir

Sadly, I trust no-one.

I have tried.

I thought for sure that would be a common them on ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Misoir

Sadly, I trust no-one.

I have tried.

I thought for sure that would be a common them on ATS.

Yeah, it's hard to trust anybody these days.

If I were you, I'd keep my eye out for the guy who stole the "e" from your last sentence.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I was thinking about this earlier today, although that was in a different context. What I wondered was, why do we even bother quoting/linking the mainstream media anymore? I realize there are legal reasons, but in terms of the truthfulness of the information, what is the point since so much of what they tell us is spun in such a way that it is either biased or not completely true? Furthermore, news and information from the government is likely massaged in the same manner, so that it serves to benefit someone rather than being completely truthful.

To answer the question posed for this thread, I have to echo those who stated that they trust no one. As a person who wants to trust people, it stinks having to approach everything I read, watch, and hear with caution. And just when you think you have found a reliable source of information, someone comes along and either debunks them or raises arguments which put that source in doubt.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."

- David St. Hubbins

Alternatively, why not take the whole 'trust' concept out of the existential equation?
It's not really required.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I only completely trust 2 people - my fiance and my daughter.

Sorry if you were thinking of those that I don't know personally - they have not shown me any reason to trust them.

new topics

top topics

join