It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is Debt, not related to indebtedness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
When the debt is in a substance known as money, which is now merely a construct with no physical relation to anything of value. Sure money can buy you things now, but that is only because everyone is bought into the idea. Could we not all just hit the reset buttons on the debt counter and start over again? Seriously most of the money in the world now exists only in the digital realm. What would happen if the US just decided to erase it's national debt by paying them with monopoly money(current dollars) and resetting our currency a year later. Just an incomplete thought I had, and I figured for a first post, I'll get jacked up anyhow. Walla- Budget crisis solved.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Other than the collapse of the entire world economy, the loss of most if not all jobs, and anarchy in general - it'd work out great!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes sir, that would be what actually would happen. I was hoping for a pie in the sky utopian answer though. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DondeEsta?

If it helps I do agree, on a philosphic level that the concept of money is something humanity would be much better off without. I personally think that manipultion of the worlds economy is probably the greatest and most vile evil that we face today.

Unfortunately money is supposed to be our way of "keeping score" with most aspects of life. It's just a bummer that the scorekeepers are apparently the most corrupt folks we've got!

top topics

join