It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case for keeping Gates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The case for keeping Gates

dailycaller.com

With the intention behind the administration’s drawdown date for Afghanistan becoming increasingly hard to pin down, it’s not unreasonable to theorize that the U.S. could have a significant stake in the nation for the remainder of Obama’s presidency. Bearing this in mind, it would be wise to keep the waters as calm as possible. Getting a new defense secretary will not do this.

Robert Gates is the perfect secretary for the perfect time, simply because of the lack of passion he generates. As the most prominent Republican in Obama’s cabinet, he’s not under any particular scrutiny fr
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
dailycaller.com
dailycaller.com

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
this article was written by a friend of mine and i wanted to get some opinions on what ATS thinks of mr gates and if keeping him around would be a good or a bad thing

i for one never knew he was considering stepping down so this is news to me and on the related links on the bottom (ill include them anyways) it seems that if gates steps down Hillary is gonna be in charge of the pentagon?

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I had heard that he would be retiring in 2011 sometime. I personally think he is well placed, one of the few level heads in this and the previous administration.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There is another side of Robert Gates that the propaganda masters in the MSM don’t want you to know about... Iran Contra. The founding of Al Qaeda. Arming Saddam with chemical weapons and cluster bombs. These are just a few of the crimes committed by this veteran shadow government official.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Point taken, I had not thought of his past misdeeds while serving previous masters...

new topics

top topics

join