It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Russia be scared of Haarp ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Russian Scholar Warns Of US Climate Change Weapon

science.slashdot.org

"... Areshev voiced suspicions about the High-Frequency Active Aural Research Program (HAARP), funded by the US Defense Department and the University of Alaska. HAARP, which has long been the target of conspiracy theorists, analyzes the ionosphere and seeks to develop technologies to improve radio communications, surveillance, and missile detection. Areshev writes, however, that its true aim is to create new weapons of mass destruction 'in order to destabilize environmental and agricultural systems in local countries.'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rferl.org

Found this story on Slashdot of all places, was pretty surprised to see them covering something that has been part of the conspiracy mainstream for so long.

Of course we know that weather modification technology exists, but is their really any truth behind the idea that HAARP was created as a weapon for just that purpose ? It is certainly starting to look that way.

science.slashdot.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm confused, why did you just post the exact same article under a different heading 7 mins's ago?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for HAARP, this is one of those subjects I can't come to a conclusion on. There are people who believe it's a weapon with no doubt in their minds. Then there are others who say it's just not possible. I've seen arguments from both sides of the fence, and personally neither 1 has convinced me 100% that the other sides story is not possible.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

One was in breaking news and this is in weaponry (for the actual discussion on the subject).

I was under the impression (from seeing people do this continually over the last few months) that is how its done. By all means if I'm wrong mods are more than welcome to delete one of the threads.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

Should Russia be scared of Haarp ?

No one should be afraid of HAARP, much less an entire country. I can't believe people still think this thing is a weapon.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i would say pollution and other assorted man made goodies are far more likely the culprit for climate change than some sort of us govt weapon. that and the sun..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

when you have a couple thousend nuclear missiles at your disposale
would you be afraid?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The problem with this is that there is a research facility in Russia that is similar to HAARP. So, unless they're willing to come forward and say that their station actually controls the weather, there is absolutely no evidence that HAARP is anything other than what it claims to be.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yip, Project Woodpecker: A quick search gave me these 2 links (there are more, but I'm not cluttering up the post with links, when these 2 should suffice)

everything2.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
In America, there are two related ionospheric heating facilities: the HIPAS, near Fairbanks, Alaska, and (currently offline for reconstruction) one at the Arecibo Observatory[citation needed] in Puerto Rico. The European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association (EISCAT) operates an ionospheric heating facility, capable of transmitting over 1 GW effective radiated power (ERP), near Tromsø, Norway.[14] Russia has the Sura Ionospheric Heating Facility, in Vasilsursk near Nizhniy Novgorod, capable of transmitting 190 MW ERP.

Haarp, isn't the only one. I heard back in the ussr the russians used it on the american embassy, andpeople got headaches.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Regards, Naeem

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Russia, the mother, she has weaponry for everyone, are you sure these toys are suitable for their age

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
HAARP is a part of ECHELON. Ascension Island is also a part of ECHELON. Plus there are locations in Australia, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong and Cyprus. Just to name a few.

www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk...

He worked for the Government listening hub not just at Cheltenham but on secondment to Ascension Island, Hong Kong and Cyprus.

thenewschronicle.com...

Williams, 31, was a genius who cracked the Taliban’s codes. He oversaw Echelon, a network that links satellites and super-computers in Britain and US with those of other allies. Echelon eavesdrops on suspects of terrorism, drug dealers and searches for other political and diplomatic intelligence. It intercepts five billion forms of communications a day.

The death of Williams hampers GCHQ’s thrust to go into Voice Over Internet Protocol.

Ascension Island

Menwith Hill, England

Misawa Air Base, Japan

GCSB Waihopai, New Zealand

Feltwell(GCHQ) United Kingdom

Croughton(Missile Defence)United Kingdom

NIOC Buckley AFB (Aurora Colorado)

Fort Monmouth Signals Intelligence Complex (NSA) New Jersey

Fort Meade (COMNAVNETWARCOM IOD) (NSA) Love Rd

Pine Gap(Navy Information Operations Detachment)2007 Australia

[edit on 7-9-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

If haarp is/was a weapon it can be tracke'd back to it's source and analized like any other radio signal so it makes it totally obvious who used it and what its intended use was to think russia or any other country with anthing more than a crystal-set radio wold be foole'd or afraid of it would be fantasy in my opinion

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Russia is simply just terror struck by Haarp = NOT !

The United States went with haarp, while the Russians went with the following.

www.prahlad.org...

www.tldm.org...

www.cheniere.org...

>HAARP'S JUNK, SCALAR is far superior to HAARP.<

edit on 21-9-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Just trying to work out why ECHELON, that secret Western SIGINT programme has a base in Hong Kong, that part of the world owned by China. I can only think you are relying on a duff source.

As to HAARP being part of ECHELON, can you provide any evidence of this assertion other than some self proclaimed "expert" on YouTube. In fact, HAARP seems to be blamed on everything from earthquakes, famine and continental brainwashing, so there's so much rubbish out there that being linked to ECHELON sounds tame!

As to Russia being scared of HAARP... No. Only the paranoid and gullible are afraid of HAARP.

Regards

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
harrp is a weapon

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
well according to tom bearden in the videos of scalar weapons most of the scientists that knew about the subject went to the east and u.s got them that knew about rockets and what not when WW II ended,,.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Update: Add China to the list

Source: www.scmp.com... bef_bik_1p14ubpthH96dL6r2eewjwt_TWBhAIo

China and Russia band together on controversial heating experiments to modify the atmosphere
The countries are testing a technology for possible military application, say Chinese scientists involved in the project
Militaries have been in a race to control the ionosphere, which allows radio signals to bounce long distances for communication, for decades

STM

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Cloud seeding can boost snowfall by 10 to 15 percent. After achieving total air superiority, they can use silver iodine to seed snow clouds and bury Moscow in feet of snow and force the Russians to surrender.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

Nice sleuthing Terrapin.. You win this dedication from Me to You, the "other Me". I chose this one for You to ponder Your own ecological niche. Enjoy.

www.youtube.com...

For the rest of the group/OP-

Are Y'all familiar with "Operation Popeye"? Now these A-Holes got a whole bunch of US troops killed/maimed because they didn't 'know thine enemy" No 'Art of War' at the War College?? Yikes!

Now these TURDS didn't quit and how fast/far have thing progressed since then in the Public Sector? How 'bout the Military Sector??

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: maskfan

Haarp was never a weapon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join