It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man alleges police used excessive force in LoDo incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Man alleges police used excessive force in LoDo incident

www.kdvr.com

DENVER - What started as a walk to the park ended with a trip to the hospital for a Denver dog owner. 32-year-old Mark Ashford says he was beaten black and blue by two Denver Police officers.

"They punched him and pinned him up against the fence and forced his head into the concrete." Ashford's attorney, Will Hart, said the beating that was caught on camera is a clear case of Excessive Force. "This happened when he was walking his dogs, he has a conversation with another citizen that the police officer doesn't like and as a result, he ends up in the hospital," said Hart.

Hart says
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Police continue to act like the thugs they proclaim they are fighting. Can't begin to say how tired I am of seeing cops violate their trust.

In advance, for those of you that will defend the behavior of the cops... this one seems pretty straight forward, a single individual, no threat of violence, everything thing in plain sight... no aggravation. If it's antagonistic to try to exercise your constitutional rights, we're all in trouble.

Gotta say, lately seems like Denver cops have become some of the worst in the nation.

www.kdvr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
One of these days if society ever faces a meltdown, you can bet that across the country there will be well deserved strings of dead cops. Pigs create their own enemies so they can have an excuse to react to a boogeyman, thus we go down the self propelled end of a police state when everyone is a criminal trying to kill our glorious boys in blue.

I should add, that after watching the full video I am also disgusted by the way KDVR uses this as a way of making money off the misfortune of this man and the brutality of these pigs.

These pigs are above the law if they are charged with anything less than assault and battery, and since they had guns, one could also add 'assault with a deadly weapon' to the list of crimes committed by the pigs in the video.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Happyfeet]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
clear case,

itd be nice to see the whole video, it did seem to cut on the one in the link,

but still pretty clear.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

The full "raw" video is lower down on the linked page. I thought the beginning was bad enough but after several minutes of having the man cuffed and sitting on the ground one of the cops again rolls him back to the cement and puts a knee to his head. Just gross.

Daring to question a policeman's actions shouldn't be dangerous to one's health. I am glad he is suing.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

The full "raw" video is lower down on the linked page. I thought the beginning was bad enough but after several minutes of having the man cuffed and sitting on the ground one of the cops again rolls him back to the cement and puts a knee to his head. Just gross.

Daring to question a policeman's actions shouldn't be dangerous to one's health. I am glad he is suing.

absolutely agree, thank you for pointing out the raw video, i shoulda seen it.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The funny part is that these cops KNOW they just made the list. For their sake they better hope society doesn't break down because that's when all these abusive cops are gonna get rounded up and dealt with old-west style.

top topics

join