It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that Reincarnation or your Soul affects your sexuality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
.. as Far as I know . that you can be reincarnated as Male or Female and I believe sexuality is natural even ..some animal express gay tendency .. so .. it must be .. yet that would also be what is in side your soul aswell ...(I do know that most of my past lives that I had visions of I was a Male) so it may vary on your own personal preference and less by chance as we may believe .. but I also was not always human in my past lives either...but I do seem to have some unquie circumstances...aswell...I have an old soul..really old..ehehh

edit on 22-9-2010 by Vonour because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Many years ago when I was a teenager, I knew a brother and sister who were twins. What I found strange at the time was the fact that the brother was queer as a three dollar bill, and the sister a hard core butch. Even today I wonder if homosexuality is perhaps the result of souls being reincarnated into the wrong bodies.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

I think our souls don't have a gender/ gender prefence and that we can be reincarnated as the opposite gender.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

If indeed the choice is my own, after seeing what my wife went through when giving birth to our children, I will most definately reincarnate as a male, and will for as many reincarnations as needed to better myself spiritually.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Or perhaps your brain really does play a key factor in your sexuality. It may not be your soul at all that chooses it. And although I do like to entertain the idea of my theory, I cannot entirely see how your brain can be developed by your past life. Your soul and your physical body are completely separate. Not to mention that there is a drug in today's world that can prevent homosexuality in an unborn child. Does this mean that your soul doesn't have any factor on rather you're a Tom-boyish female or your current incarnation being homosexual or not? I shall post the link if I can find it. Which perhaps makes sense since a friend of mine has a feeling that my other friend is a new soul, and yet she is the one that was fighting against homosexuality.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...
And you know what? I'm happy about this, because homosexuality is wrong. Oh and guess what? I'm Christian again, so booyah!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think it definately does play a role.
We get bodies according to past karma, and also according to the state of consciousness at our last death.
The mind is part of spirit, and it thinks through the brain. So depending on how the brain is wired and even damaged eventually, the spirit-soul can learn the lessons of this life.
A gay or transgender identity can be a state between male and female birth.
It can also be that the state of consciousness at the point of previous death was geared strongly to the same sex (like dying in a war with only same sex "brothers" for comfort).
Sometimes, when we hate something very obsessively, we can think of that at death, so very homophobic people may also receive a gay body and brain in a next life. Serves them bloody right!!!
But ultimately many cultures regard it as somewhat unfortunate, but also as blessed with spiritual gifts - although few Western cultures offer that awareness nowadays.

I have an intriguing private theory. In several conversations it was revealed that gays had a younger brother who died during miscarriage or abortion. I'm not sure quite what the connection is, but even science is positing that the womb becomes somehow allergic to testosterone in the male child after one or two male births, and floods too many female hormones. So this could be one theory of how the male homosexual body could be acquired.
However, whatever the correlation between physical and spiritual causes, the homosexual will always be there, and it was menat to be that way.
Many Eastern gods have male and female physical attributes and gender is a continuum, rather than a polarity that regards everything in-between as diseased.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sparkly,

I am currently reading a few books by Michael Newton on past lives and the time between lives. I highly recommend this author to you, his works should help you alot as they are helping me right now. Just google his name.

First, the vast majority of us chose this life, choosing some general parameters that were likely to happen within it. After our last death and before this incarnation, there is a time between lives. It's not willynilly random. There seems to be a time of healing and recreation and community. And a time of learning and study about our previous life and lives.

Then when we decide we want to incarnate again, we develop a plan of things we want to experience, things we want to work on, things we hope to realize within our souls during that incarnation. Our soul group, including our soul mate, helps formulate the plan and decide on roles to play amongst ourselves. Our spirit guide and an elder council help with everything. And then we choose a body and off we go, we get born, and amnesia takes over and we forget everything, lol, but it is all imprinted on our souls....

1. As for homosexuality specifically...I would intuitively speculate that a majority of souls living a homosexual lifestyle today chose to do so in the spirit world before being born . They felt that that lifestyle would best aid them in growth and their learning. No soul is homo or heterosexual. Homosexuality is a human thing on Earth and is likened to a mask that the soul is wearing.

(aside: re: "their learning" We all start as an individual light of white energy sparked off of the Source. We are like 1-day old babies at that point. If we want, we can grow and experience and learn and develop these souls. And we do that in the spirit world often, where everything is relatively awesome. But, we also can choose to do this in the physical world where the challenges are completely different. Earth is just one stage where this grand game is happening, where we learn things like compassion and hate and courage, etc.)

2. There could also be karmic reasons. If we lived a life hate-filled against homosexuals, assuredly we will live a lifetime gay to get both perspectives. We've lived many lifetimes here and elsewhere in the multiverse. We've been the richest man in town and the poorest beggar on the street, the priest and the spiritually dull, man and woman, mother father, the whore and the celibate, killer and the killed.

3. We do choose, to a certain extent, this life, and there are probabilities and glimpses of future timelines that are seen in the spirit world; but, we do have free will while here. I would speculate that some people in homosexuality didn't plan for that at all between lives. I would say that percentage is smallish.

So, you take that small percentage and combine that with the majority from #1 above and you still have some leftovers. For most of the rest, they knew that homosexuality was a minor (non-primary) possibility coming in, and they allowed for that in their choosing to incarnate.

4. As far as gender confusion, or being a man in the last life and now a woman or some of the other things mentioned in this thread, I don't think it's very prevalent at all. I'm sure there is some high weirdness occasionally, but it seems like the soul life in the spirit world between incarnations is very organized. And we mostly know what we are getting into before we go into it. idk....

Anyway, thanks for reading. This topic interests me alot, so thanks for starting the thread.

edit on 29-9-2010 by ajkesh because: clarity

edit on 29-9-2010 by ajkesh because: clarity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join