It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Morse C O D E

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Morse encoding uses a total of 382 base-3 numbers to represent 129 characters (including the spaces). The weight in bits is then 382 x log23 = 605.4, or 4.69 bits/character. Besides being more practical than a base-27 encoding, Morse Code is cheaper in bits per character. This is because Morse Code takes advantage of the differences in relative frequency of characters in an English text

www.ams.org...

weve got 0,1,2,3 if zeros are place markers, we get base three encoding.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wow, there are sooooo many different options... We have tried about everything... But, this sounds like a good lead. I am all thought out.

I am a dog now... Throw me a bone and I will go chase after it.

Last one to the bone loses.....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Good find zsandmann, seems like weve been on this one forever and every lead we get leads nowhere
. We should look into this one and see what we can find. Maybe there is still some hope yet.....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
dunno about you, but I am really stuck

we have a lot of information but i don't know that we are interpreting it correctly

we still don't understand:
cygnus
albert
the "c o d e'
33212 etc
the number and location of the empty box
the two unsolved original clues if they are still relevant
all the references to blindness
and so much more

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
there must be something we're missing. something obvious we're overlooking. something we're blind to

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
or something we don't have yet

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Morse code seems like a good idea after reading the article... Not really sure how to break it down though as it uses 012 and we have 0123.

Looks like tons of moving the numbers around..... AGAIN!!!!!! UUUGGGGHHHH
Any ideas?

[edit on 19-6-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
JC i think you mean it uses 012 and we have (mainly) 123. I totally agree it seems like a close match, but to make it work we would have to adapt it somehow.....such as breaking the code at the 0s and changing the 3's to 0's...but ive tried that and it doesnt work.

Maybe someone else can make it work?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have moced the letters numbers etc, through the lists backwards and forwards, in the minddle, and overlapped and nothing has worked. I wonder what Cerberus is doing these days? Maybe too busy chasing after -5- to help us out.... He did not notice anything in the apartment too much, so I guess the note does not help us anymore with this Binary, Morse, ot counting cipher or thing or something or or or

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Too many or's, too many ?'s and too many guesses. While the morse seems like a good idea i just dont see how it could fit in our little piece of clue.

So what now? Keep plugging away hopelessly i suppose and hope we stumble upon somethign meaningful....

top topics

join