It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Scott Pilgrim vs. The World".......a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I guess it was kinda cute. Perhaps I'm not hip enough and just to damn old to understand the current youth culture as I'm not a gamer except for an occasional Texasholdem tourny. And the comic book references were completely lost on me.
On the technical side; I thought the CGI was sloppy and detracted from the script/story.
The script was engaging for awhile but became tiresome and whiny about 1/2 way thru.
Some of the music Rocked but that's about all I could find in this film that kept it from being a waste of time, bordering on tedious.

Another movie where the trailer is better than the actual movie.

and one of these
guys

[edit on 16-8-2010 by whaaa]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I can't stand Michael Cera. I've hated every movie he's ever been in...honestly.

His persona is just like John Wayne...he plays the same character in every movie he's in.

Except John Wayne was a badass cowboy with a swagger that had no equal.

Michael Cera is a bad actor with no cojanes.

So, unfortunately, i won't be going to see this movie

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

So, unfortunately, i won't be going to see this movie

I'd wager though that sometime in the future a young woman will want to watch it and you will watch it with her on DVD or streamed.

I didn't want to go see it either but my GF thought "it looks like fun" and I had a Michael Cera moment and said "ok, can we get some tacos first" and she said
"I was hoping for some Chinese" and I said "ok"

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
God this movie. This brings back so many memories. I have been in love with movies like this when I was a teen. Still I would have to check this movie out to bring back memories. Mainly hopeless romantics see these types of movies where I'm from.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'd wager though that sometime in the future a young woman will want to watch it and you will watch it with her on DVD or streamed.

LoL i know exactly what you mean...but my wife and I share very similar movie likings.

Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, etc.

And we both have very immature, unkind words about Michael Cera.

I know he can't help the way he is, none of us can, but oh my goodness i simply can't stand that guy.

top topics

join