It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GodlikeProductions banning IP addresses?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Not a big deal, but I thought this very curious. I became a member here July 20, 2010 and made my first post July 21, 2010.

I've accessed godlikeproductions.com probably half a dozen times (that I can remember) over the last six months; maybe a year. I am not a member; I have never posted.

I tried to access a GLP page today when looking up info on the S510 Food Safety Modernization Act bill and received the "SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN BANNED - Thank you for not stalking!" page. It did state also that sometimes entire ISP providers must be banned because of attacks and I could have been "inadvertently caught up" in that.

I'm thinking
entire ISP providers?? Seriously? Like they're the crypt keepers or something? Curious, I started looking up reasons for banning - since I never posted, I probably am unknowingly involved in AT&T's conspiracy to bring down GLP.

Still curious, though, I scanned my computer thinking maybe I did sign up during a daze and my alter-ego posted something outrageous enough to get me banned (nope). Then I tried to find when I last accessed the site, saved a link or something. Sometime in July I accessed a thread about the "planetary alignment," and on 7/22/2010 I accessed a thread about "increasing earthquakes" in my region. I also had a cookie from GLP this same date that included the Google search terms.

I'm not bothered (not a loss in view of the "quality" I saw there), or paranoid (though just because I'm not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me *lol* kidding!) - I just find it interesting that the first time I ever see a "Your IP has been banned" page it's from GLP, and I last visited that site two days after becoming an ATS member.

Serendipitous, perhaps...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
if you visit a hyperlink to god like productions from ATS you will be instant banned.

this happened to me that's how i know.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Really?? Wow! That sounds more likely than them fearing my incredible power and knowledge (though not nearly as much fun).

Wow. Godlike Productions certainly...sucks... at being a open conspiracy forum.

So if you visit a hyperlink to godlikeproductions.com from abovetopsecret.com, godlike will instantly ban your IP address.

I'm just repeating that to make sure I get it straight, and to make sure googling spiders catch this thread in case someone else googles the same issue.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

I've followed hyperlinks to GLP from here without getting IP banned, though I've also heard that rumor before. Their policy might change depending on how the admins over there are feeling about ATS at the moment.

I've never registered or posted there though, so maybe that's why I haven't been banned? I know that they censor links on GLP that link to ATS, and auto-ban for posting them.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
One thing I've noticed: if you enter a GLP post without going through the main page first (such as through a general Google search) you will be banned. Happened to me about 9 months ago. They seem to ban for any and every reason it seems. Email their mod's and they should unban you.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
if you visit a hyperlink to god like productions from ATS you will be instant banned.

That's hogwash! Sorry!

ATS has never implemented any such policy. If you received a post ban here. It would have been for some other reason entirely! i.e. Something you said within a thread that grossly broke the ATS T&C for conduct.. and I might add that staff don't take post banning lightly.

IRM

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think that poster meant that GLP IP-banned, not that ATS does.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
When Elaine owned GLP it was an informative riot.
then it was sold and well, I wouldn't, and never do, go there now.
All I hear is one horror story after another..
banning, spyware, view your poo threads.,..etc
much nicer here.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I never posted or registered either, but it probably was a link I followed, if that's something that happens (though I must have been allowed to access it, then banned). It's hard to believe they would ban an entire ISP provider.

reply to post by ghr54321

That's the only way I've ever accessed their site - through a google search. I'm not concerned about access, just curious about it.

[edit on 8/16/10 by sjrily]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by sremmos

That's hogwash! Sorry!

ATS has never implemented any such policy. If you received a post ban here. It would have been for some other reason entirely! i.e. Something you said within a thread that grossly broke the ATS T&C for conduct.. and I might add that staff don't take post banning lightly.

IRM

You misunderstand. The OP meant that GLP has implemented this policy... I have heard that rumor as well, however I cannot verify because I have not really gone to check out GLP...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I used to be registered on GLP but then one day (a couple of years ago) having not visited the site in months, I went on to find my IP address at work had been banned for no reason at all ..... and I really can't be bothered to complain!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
probably tired of all the anonymous cowards posting, but it is their own fault for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Does GLP use other methods other than Referer header checks?

If not, just block the referer from being sent by your favorite internet browser.

GLP won't ever be able to see ATS as the linking source.

The same referer header that ATS requires to enable U2U access, for example.

Edit -

To make that simple,

open a new tab or window, copy the address and paste into the blank tab/window.

no referer sent this way, simple and no addon hassles needed.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I didn't misunderstand mate. If what you're saying is correct, it's an issue of miscommunication on the other members behalf as he/she clearly states to GLP from ATS.

No Biggie!

IRM

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think that you did misunderstand. The administrators on GLP (or any other website for that matter) can see exactly where their traffic is coming from. If you click a link to GLP from any site they'll be able to see exactly where you've come from. It is not an ATS issue at all and GLP may well be scanning for connections that route through ATS and ban accordingly.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

Everybody gets banned from there, regularly.

When they say that "sometimes they ban entire ISP providers" what they actually mean to say is they "frequently ban enitre ISP providers".

I emailed then about it and they told me to use a proxy, seems they just couldnt be stuffed unbanning me. Then I thought, well wont the person your trying to ban just use a proxy? 99.9999999% of the people they ban have done nothing wrong.

I just dont get why they would do it, sure it cant be extreme laziness, surely they are greatly reducing their traffic and hence revenue.... maybe they are what some people say, a gov cointelpro collecting data on the dissidents and this is part of the op, who knows.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I didn't misunderstand mate. If what you're saying is correct, it's an issue of miscommunication on the other members behalf as he/she clearly states to GLP from ATS.

No Biggie!

IRM

I'm pretty darn sure that happened to me, it's no loss, and at least here I can say tavistock house without getting a ban, can't I? GLP isn't a normal site.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
GLP has genuine problems with spammers, so they don't just ban their IP addresses, they ban addresses over a range that includes that of the spammer, in case the spammer changes it. Innocent people whose IP address happens to fall within this range will get banned as well. An e-mail to a mod will quickly sort this out, so don't take such bans personally.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is crazy. So I've been banned from Godlike Productions for months. Just like OP, one day I popped in to the site and I got the same message as OP. I thought it was weird. Never registered on the site but like other's have said, it didn't really bother me so I never went about emailing a mod or anything. So I come on this thread today bc I was like, "Hey, me too!" and I decide to just stroll over to Godlike Productions and I'm in! Been banned for months, for no reason at all, check this thread, go to their website and instant access! Weird!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

That is bizarre - especially if it's a method of "spam control."

Something else I thought funny/interesting - since I can't view the live page, I viewed a cached page, just to ummm...be a brat
I scrolled down to the bottom and noticed a large white space so I highlighted it, and saw their disclaimer text (I imagine the text is visible live with CSS and all). But it starts off:

Disclaimer:
DON'T BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS WEBSITE! ....

....Not all posts on this website are intended as truthful or factual assertion by their authors. Some users of this website are participating in internet role playing, with or without the use of an avatar....

....We do not discriminate against the mentally ill!...

....Please be aware any communications sent complaining about a post on this website may be posted publicly at the discretion of the administration....

....We only have one rule here:
DON'T BREAK THE F[expletive ] LAW!
Other than that you can do / say whatever you want on this forum....

What a quaint method of attracting all the best!

edit to add:
Just googled to see if this post was out there yet; it is - on one site: usahitman.com/?p=20439 Posted today, states "found in section: Censorship."

I gotta say, when I saw the domain name, it was a little freaky there for a minute!

[edit on 8/16/10 by sjrily]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join