Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

GodlikeProductions banning IP addresses?

page: 2
5
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily
 


I saw the exact same message when visiting GLP for the first time, I was never a member or even visited the site before. But now strangely, I can see the site again. I also believe I visited glp from an ats link, maybe it's only a temp ban.




posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I've been using alternative IP's just to see if I could reply to some of their posts over at GLP, but they've banned my main IP, and a few of the proxy IP's. I posted something saying I wasn't convinced etc about their Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill revelations, and within the hour found I had my entire IP banned! I also read a couple posts from someone saying they thought GLP was a front etc and those posts were deleted within minutes!

Does GLP really have something nefarious to hide?



posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was banned from GLP for mentioning the "T-word" conspiracy.

I don't trust that place. At all.



posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dmspar
I've been using alternative IP's just to see if I could reply to some of

Does GLP really have something nefarious to hide?


Apparently - I've never heard of anything like that, to that degree. Self-defeating (or so it would seem).


Originally posted by Sink the Bismarck!
I was banned from GLP for mentioning the "T-word" conspiracy.

I don't trust that place. At all.


Me neither. Something is just not right about that. I'm glad I never posted or had an account, 'course it probably doesn't matter, but still, just sayin'



posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Personally I won't care if they ban me as there will always be alternatives.

However, I think people who own GLP have a new agenda on their hands which I suspect is making money.




SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS 220.255.2.xx HAS BEEN BANNED FROM VIEWING THIS WEBSITE If you have an upgraded account you are immune to bans while logged in. Please log in now to browse the site. Thank you for not stalking!


And if you managed to login to GLP and go to www.godlikeproductions.com...

You find out they are implementing paid subscription.

Monthly Subscription ($10)
4-Month Subscription ($37)
Yearly Subscription ($100)

They are obviously trying to milk GLP to the maximum by banning a bigger range of IP addresses regardless of reasons.

I don't blame them for doing so now as soon they will have serious lack of readership & contributors.

I pray ATS will not fall into that greed trap and I will continue to support this site with my research & theories.

Most greedy corporation trying to milk websites ultimately fail miserably due to alternatives available in the web.

Regards
Simon Tay
simontay78.com



posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by simontay78
 


I'm sure we're all safe from that at ATS.

While surfing not too long ago I discovered I was no longer banned, for whatever reason, so who knows!



posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It seems that Godlikeproduction blocking got a new warning text at their IP blocked page!



If you have an upgraded account you are immune to bans while logged in. Please log in now to browse the site. Thank you for not stalking! WARNING: Obsessive Compulsive IP resetting with the intention of avoiding bans on this website and harass our users will result in your ISP being contacted and loss of your Internet service for abuse.


I really wondered who are in charge of the banning & writing those words.

I don't know if they still allow free to post without logging in because anyone can simply go to any local internet cafe (or LAN shops) to go to their site to view the content and even post articles.

Whoever trying so hard to make it INCONVENIENT for people to view the GLP site at home is virtually out to get paid (in my personal opinion) to an extend to put all who are IP blocked to having conduct "harassment"! LOL

This kind of accusation is unwarranted especially when they allow posting without a account & blocking IP is just stupid if they can post anything without an account.

Hahahaha ok my rant is done, I guess it's time for me to delete that GLP bookmark & set my anchor here.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well that answers a lot for me.



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ha, I'm probably banned as well. But you know what? Who gives a crap?. I registered over there I don't even remember when. Funny enough I seem to recall a enough ATS links in post. The can dish it out but they can't take it huh?

That is a stupid policy, so much for corroboration. But like I said, Who gives a crap? GLP sucks.



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'm a long time notable poster over there (under a different handle) and I for one feel glad to be here at ATS. I wouldn't take any bans over there personally.

Yesterday I read their pinned psych thread and saw posts deleted like crazy, and then replies about the deletions were disappearing. Anything questioning the pinned story were removed. I replied then was banned too.

Last night there were several people asking about the bans on that thread on GLP's Facebook wall and they were all blocked from posting the FB wall this morning, the GLP page was "unliked", and the comments deleted there too.

There's some major drama going on. I haven't a clue why.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Jewelsnorth because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I was banned from entering content. I was added to their roster. So I tried to get myself unbanned and the answer I got

From : bans@godlikeproductions.com To : xxx
Your unban request was denied.

Tavtard.

So now I am pissed off at them for this perplexing behavior. A friend of mine told she got the same behavior and was allowed to post a few days later...



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dmspar
 


I tried that idea using IP hiding software but it didn't work.. I tried 3 different browsers and got the same result.
GLP sucks.



posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sjrily
reply to post by sremmos
 


Really?? Wow! That sounds more likely than them fearing my incredible power and knowledge (though not nearly as much fun).

Wow. Godlike Productions certainly...sucks... at being a open conspiracy forum.

So if you visit a hyperlink to godlikeproductions.com from abovetopsecret.com, godlike will instantly ban your IP address.

Just use a proxy if you want to keep posting like i do
that or reset your ip

I'm just repeating that to make sure I get it straight, and to make sure googling spiders catch this thread in case someone else googles the same issue.


yeh I've been banned form there I think its mostly a money making thing since you pay to get unbaned and they got some of the worst power trippin mods on the webz...

not like ATS at all.
edit on 12-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sjrily
 


Do you use a dynamic IP address? How about a proxy? I have a different IP every day, friend, as can anyone who knows how. Recently taught a friend in China how to access youtube, and some porn sites, things which are banned there. Try this extension for Firefox: ipFlood



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
GLP is far too elite for me, and I have been banned as well. The funny thing is that I accessed the site only a small number of times to read through a few posts. I don't recall terrorizing them in any way. I emailed them to ask for the ban to be revoked, but I was denied. I then emailed them again, asking if I could sign up for an account, so that they would be able to track my specific activities on the site, yet was denied again. I replied again with this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. GLP is paranoid, unless of course I am missing that there are acts of cyber-terrorism that have been inflicted on GLP lately. I am not the perpetrator of any ill acts on your forum. Let's turn the tables. If you believe that you are not the perpetrator of my persecutory delusions of grandeur, then wait 20 days, after which you will send me an essay on the economy of the EU, and in 60-90 business days you may receive a letter of approval. We thank you for your time.

> To: my_email@hotmail.com
> Subject: Your unban request has been denied
> From: their_email@godlikeproductions.com
> Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:03:32 -0400
>
> Your unban request was denied.
>
> We apologize, but there is a large range ban on your ISP at the moment. More than likely this ban wasn't directed at you personally rather an obsessive compulsive IP resetter on your network. We regret any inconvenience this ban may have caused you but it is necessary to protect the website. This ban is indefinite, but check back later and it may be lifted. However if you believe that you are not the perpetrator of the act mentioned in the preceding paragraph of this reply and when the ban is lifted, you may register for an upgraded account to avoid being caught up in ISP bans in the future. Upgraded members are immune from automatic and large range IP bans.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps I was an asshole, but I do not like being lumped into a group, or punished without reason. Also, threatening to "have your internet service taken away" is rather bold.



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
GLP is a pay site. Don't want to pay, then you can't play. I've been banned for the slightest offenses. Never used a terse word there. But bamo!!!!!.....got busted for a discussion on zionism. Oh well.

Anyhow....the folks that contribute there are young and full of vitriolic four letter words that would embarrass a guy in the navy.

No big loss. Move on. I like the standards here at ATS much better. It separates the intellectual to the intellectually challenged.

What else can I say?



posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The current owner, Trinity, is a complete tool.

Here, read his new thread about banning -

www.godlikeproductions.com...

My cellphone got banned from there today, but I can still access from home. I've been banned before and the Mod(s) responding to my unban request were like rude children.






posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals
 


Totally agree. Sorry for the big one liner here. But I am going to struggle to make this more than one sentence. Trinity is not from the societal norm. Way out there on her own trip. It's been a year since I've been there. Good riddance!



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sink the Bismarck!
I was banned from GLP for mentioning the "T-word" conspiracy.

I don't trust that place. At all.



Can you say 'Tavistock Institute" here without getting banned?

Seriously?

The Tavistock institute is one of the most influential and proactive mass brainwashing operations in the world.
They have their dirty little fingers in everything from promulgating the 'cold war' to the goddamned Beatles



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by toomanyideas
GLP is far too elite for me, and I have been banned as well. The funny thing is that I accessed the site only a small number of times to read through a few posts. I don't recall terrorizing them in any way. I emailed them to ask for the ban to be revoked, but I was denied. I then emailed them again, asking if I could sign up for an account, so that they would be able to track my specific activities on the site, yet was denied again. I replied again with this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. GLP is paranoid, unless of course I am missing that there are acts of cyber-terrorism that have been inflicted on GLP lately. I am not the perpetrator of any ill acts on your forum. Let's turn the tables. If you believe that you are not the perpetrator of my persecutory delusions of grandeur, then wait 20 days, after which you will send me an essay on the economy of the EU, and in 60-90 business days you may receive a letter of approval. We thank you for your time.

> To: my_email@hotmail.com
> Subject: Your unban request has been denied
> From: their_email@godlikeproductions.com
> Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:03:32 -0400
>
> Your unban request was denied.
>
> We apologize, but there is a large range ban on your ISP at the moment. More than likely this ban wasn't directed at you personally rather an obsessive compulsive IP resetter on your network. We regret any inconvenience this ban may have caused you but it is necessary to protect the website. This ban is indefinite, but check back later and it may be lifted. However if you believe that you are not the perpetrator of the act mentioned in the preceding paragraph of this reply and when the ban is lifted, you may register for an upgraded account to avoid being caught up in ISP bans in the future. Upgraded members are immune from automatic and large range IP bans.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps I was an asshole, but I do not like being lumped into a group, or punished without reason. Also, threatening to "have your internet service taken away" is rather bold.


GLP has connections with airforce intelligence and this fellow trinity is actually a known malware programmer who is employed as a contractor.

. They can get your ISP to cancel your account without any legal proceding. They will use the excuse that you were 'cyber stalking' , but in reality it;s just the way they keep the people who know about GLP from alerting the other users. If you open GLP with a good malware detector running, you will see what's really up there.






top topics



 
5
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join


Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution