It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hidden themes can be obvious in comic books?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Is the hidden themes in TV shows and Movies which used to communicate with elites can be obvious in comic books, particularly in my own Comic book which I authored?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wow, that's a tough one to comprehend, but if I get your question, my view is YES.

There is a phenomenon called the collective unconscious, coined by Carl Jung, that describes an inherent knowledge base that most humans are privy to. The themes and symbols from this knowledge and experience permeate their way into our thinking, our creative product, our communication and our comprehension of stories, ideas and experiences. This is, by and large, mostly on a subconscious level and describes why so many people can relate with the plots and ideas present in a story with a seemingly myopic theme.

This is a concept originated by Jung and further developed by many others including Joseph Campbell. It is not a fact.

But if you believe it to be true, it's not hard to imagine at all that, consciously or not, there are collective themes running through not just comic books, but all books ... or for that matter, all communication. Subliminal persuasion could also be a method of attempting to connect with the collective unconscious and to influence you without interacting with your actual consciousness.

I am sure people (whether they are TPTB, NWO, MiB, Madison Av., whatever) utilize these concepts, whether diabolically or not, to embellish or empower the stories they tell and to reach their audience, not just on a personal level, but on a deeply-entranced sociological level, too.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Absolutely.
Comic books, cartoons and some anime are full of hidden messages ans symbology. I was so into anime a few years ago, and now I'm back into comics. It's amazing how much info are there... sometimes you can only decode them if you have some info, but sometimes... it so obvious.
Just watch at the new Evangelion movies in HD, Blu Ray the better. I felt bombarded with info when I watched them some months ago. The same with DC universe (I'm not very into Marvel) and some indie comics.
EDIT TO ADD: the info will be obvious just for people who manages the background info.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Caggy]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You can definitely see a link between symbolism, be it elitest or not, and any type of creative media/art. Videogames, Music, Comics etc... all have their allusions, intentional or no. The Watchmen, in the 'nam era and again in the present mindset of our world, just makes so much sense.
Another interesting example is Promethea, also by Alan Moore, which goes into spiritual and magical symbolism, etc...
As for your own work, in what way do you see symbols crop up? and which symbols?
I think Hadrian did well by introducing the concept of the collective unconscious into this.

new topics

top topics

join