It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea warns of 'severest punishment' over war games

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

N.Korea warns of

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL (AFP) – North Korea's military threatened Sunday to launch the "severest punishment" against South Korea for staging massive joint war games with the United States this week.

The North's army and people will "deal a merciless counterblow" to the allies "as it had already resolved and declared at home and abroad", a spokesman for the country's army General Staff said in a statement published by state media.

"The military counteraction of (North Korea) will be the severest punishment no one has ever met in the world," he said.

The warning came a day before US and Sout
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-8-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nothing really new. We hear this rhetoric out of the north on a weekly basis but I guess im just a messenger. Alot of strutting around from both sides right now with these war games and threats but ill bite my tongue and say that I hope nothing will amount. Is little kimmy getting the stage ready for his son to take over the throne. Well see....

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If that part of the world can avoid destroying itself over the next few years, there will be amazing investment opportunities once the country opens up to the rest of the planet. I assume that will happen with a new regime, unless somebody fiddles when they should have faddled and the whole tinderbox goes up.

If all goes well, it will be like getting in on the ground floor in China in the early 1990s or Japan in 1945, say.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I looked twice at the date on this article as it reads almost exactly the same as the last statement N. Korea made. They don't even have an imagination for crying out loud. Say something different please!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I looked twice at the date on this article as it reads almost exactly the same as the last statement N. Korea made. They don't even have an imagination for crying out loud. Say something different please!

Must be summer vacation in the state propaganda offices. Everybody's in one of Kim's mansions watching dancing girls and drinking bourbon while the rest of the nation starves.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The problem is as I see it, is they issue these threats and warnings via their own media.

So in order to save sort of face in front of the people, and so they too don't fully cotton on to the fact his rhetoric is all hot air, at some point he is going to have to prove himself.

Idle threats and big talking like dealing merciless blows and "Our military's reaction will be the worst punishment anyone has ever experienced" (not sure why yahoo changed 'anyone' to 'no one', which is different from the what the Yonhap news original states)...is a fine excuse for the rest of the world to go blah blah blah..yeah good onya Kim.

But it's a different matter when his own people get confirmation his bark is worse than his bite. One day he is going to snap and carry through with some action I believe.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

China also issued a warning Friday that a US decision to use a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in joint drills with the South constitutes a "fresh provocation" to China and its neighbours. In a commentary published in the official China Daily, Rear Admiral Yang Yi said Washington would "pay a costly price for its muddled decision" to participate in further drills near Chinese territory over Beijing's objection.

news.yahoo.com...

Why the NK saber rattle is the same, China spewing this crap is not.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just found the video on the NK statement!

Aww, they're so cute when they do that!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
If that part of the world can avoid destroying itself over the next few years, there will be amazing investment opportunities once the country opens up to the rest of the planet. I assume that will happen with a new regime, unless somebody fiddles when they should have faddled and the whole tinderbox goes up.

If all goes well, it will be like getting in on the ground floor in China in the early 1990s or Japan in 1945, say.

That part of the world would open up when the US stops its war games, and instead of sanctions, presents a peace treaty.

But we all know the US loves war, and territory, and greed, and more resources, and more power....

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Im still waiting for NK's response from the llast war games last month. They talked a BUNCH of junk and threatened a nuclear response but nothing. Im not expecting anything this time either.

And as for China, why are they getting in a tizzy? Are they really worried that the US and SK are going to attack them?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
OMG...I am opposed to war and conflict in general, but I SO wish we could just waster those lippy little chumps. Second line.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
How credible are these news sources from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yeah I wouldnt mind seeing N korea get wiped off the map. Not the common people so much because they are just slaves to there little system but the higher ups,sure why not

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is it already that time of the month?
Man this year is just flying by.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I wonder how the end of the year will be. Do you think just more war games anyone?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Its very simple to reply to lil kim, it takes only a phrase

Depleted uranium Bunker Buster baby. Thats how we took out Iraq at least.

Oh, did i mention an arsenal of stealthy undectable craft by which to deliver this care package to lil kim? No i dont think i did very much.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

At the end of the year I predict little Kimmy will be threatening war if...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well next month on the 4th through the 6th NK will hold a assembly like the one Kim Jong Il was chosen to be the next leader on NK from his father.
nkleadershipwatch.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I hope that this is just form letter 3A from the NK War Propaganda Department and has no relative significance to real time events.
On the other hand, the 'axis of evil' may actually be having dialogue about the timing of events of the coming conflagration. The Anglo-American war machine may not be in the catbird seat depending on the number of nations that join in the pile-on.
I'm a veteran but I'll say that war is immoral. The psychopaths that are starting this WWIII don't really care about the US at this point. We can hardly pay taxes so what is the extent of our true human value? We're just tenants occupying their property. I don't think they'll care if we get nuked. I have a spot in the basement cleaned out and today I bought some dust masks for the fallout.
NYC is 175 miles south.
Who is responsible for me? I am!
Take care of yourselves. If this blows over you can burn the candles at Christmas and eat the canned food through the year or donate it.

<<   2 >>

join