It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro abortion, anti-death penalty? What gives?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You need to have abortion clinics and for it to be legal. If not you find yourself with women going to use back street clinics which would be a terrible situation to have to exist.

Some women are going to have terminations, whether you like it or not. Surely it should be made as safe as possible rather than placing women at risk?

This just seems like the sensible approach in my opinion, no matter what your personal beliefs are.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think that the fact you abort the pregnancy does not change the fact that a viable human being was the logical conclusion. You have just stopped it earlier.

Personally I don't agree with either, and hope they are never part of my life.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Most of the people who subscribe to this line of thought do not consider a embryo a viable life, hence they do not consider this a person, as well as those who consider that whatever occurs within a woman's body hers to choose with whatever she deems necessary...

A slippery slope to consider once one gets into pregnancies that are terminated later in term, but that is an argument for a different thread, and one that no matter what one believes, there will always be proponents for and against, and people insisting that to take away abortion rights will bring back the back alley abortion clinics.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Responsible? Responsible? Not every person who has an abortion is being irresponsible. Some couples who are married, who also use birth control and condoms have accidents they do not intend to have. Sure the percentage is low but it does happen, it happened to my wife and I. We are in no position to have a child, financially or emotionally. Thus we take every step available to not have a situation like this happen to us. Unfortunately it did.

Believe me both of us would have medical procedures to ensure it's not possible, unfortunately given our age and lack of children it's impossible to find a willing doctor. Should we be punished with a child because current methods are not 100%? We both consider a child to be punishment to those who do not want or are incapable of supporting one.

I don't mean to attack you personally a lot of people automatically assume anyone who has one is being irresponsible, that is just not the case. Was it a choice to be made lightly? Absolutely not. It tore both of us up and nearly ended our relationship because of emotional baggage that goes along with it. I've heard this particular argument time and again and it really upsets me that people actually think this way.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

No need to apologize.

I understand.I should have posted that I was pointing towards people who participate in a lot unsafe sex, with people they don't or hardly know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join