It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm REALLY concerned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I use and have used a program called "cyberkit" for a good few years, useful as a ping/traceroute/WhoIs etc. program. I was just playin around after looking up 8march2003.com website and thought i'd do a WhoIs query on www.illuminati.com, using WhoIs.arin.net(american registry of internet numbers).

The result i got was most un-nerving.
After clicking "OK" it took about 2 seconds then absoulutely filled my computer screen with random characters. So much so that it led to a blue screen of death, crashing all of my open internet explorer windows and yahoo messenger and eventually my computer. Trying to do the same query again resulted in the following message:

No match found for www.illuminati.com.

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2003-03-12 20:00
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

I've used the same program for all of my queries for going on 4 years and have never had that happen to me.

Also after doing an URL search in google and then clicking on the "Find web pages that link to www.illuminati.com" link i got some even more interesting results. Check them out for yourselves
www.google.co.uk...:97cIUE-026sC:www.io.com/

I know that it is apparently a website devoted to card-type games. I just don't understand the pages that link to it and really dont understand the things that doing a WhoIs search on it did to my computer.

Really strange stuff. Anyone got any insight into it?

Cheers for listenin to my slightly scared rant...

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I may have misunderstood your question but ARIN is for IP addresses, not domain names. www.illuminati.com resolves to 65.16.190.100, which does show up in the ARIN database.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
interesting...
host220-14.discord.birch.net

...that steve jackson is a lunatic.

src: www.io.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Discordians need their ego amputated.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In my own personal home library, I have 24 copies of the 465 known versions of the Pricipia Discordia...And they're all different.
(Ok, I'll admit it: This is purely fanciful humor...
)

And yes, I'll also admit to having a few Steve Jackson games...Including several supplimentals for their GURPS game. A couple of these suppliments deal with Illuminati, conspiracies & other such esoteric reading.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
That is a very strange coincidence

I'm not as concerned as i was now. Probably just a fluke but it was pretty strange. Strange enough to give my paranoia a bit of a boost. Cheers anyway for your added input echelon.

I must say though, there's nothin more fun than Stumbling across something that really scares you briefly

Tandino

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There was a posting in late march that was never completed and the site for the mountainsub is no longer available. It is probably of no significance, but something to keep in mind.

[Edited on 5-4-2003 by Protector]

top topics

join