It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something going on at sandia labs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
this is more a question than anything. i'm wondering if any one has info concerning what i'm about to say. anyone in the albuquerque area that can confirm?

right now i'm sitting in a room, in a house up in the sandia mountains, on the opposite [east] side of the sandias from alququerque.
this morning at about 5 am i was awoken by the sound of a large helicopter flying a bit over tree top level.
i noticed the direction it was heading, s.w. directly towards sandia labs.
by about 10 am i was on the deck with binoculars, watching the 15th all black helicopter fly overhead. there was absolutely no markings on any of these choppers, no insignia, nothing.
it's a bit after 7pm now and so far i've counted 27 black helicopters heading s.w. and 18 heading back the other direction. i know of no close bases to the n.e. from here.
where i'm positioned, i know that the labs are on the opposite side of a peak in the monzanos, and have been watching the choppers fly threw a saddle between two monzano mountain peaks.
i called a friend in the south valley of albuquerque who spent some time with a telescope, confirming he could see helicopters flying towards him over the pass and dropping into the area of the labs.
i've noticed these choppers in the past while visiting here, yet have never seen anything even close to this.

edit to add, i was thinking, and remembered kirkland afb is in albuquerque.
just got off the phone with friend in south valley who said he didn't notice any of the choppers flying toward kirkland.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I hate to be lazy here, by not employing google, but would you mind giving some information on what work sandia lab does, and what business you think all those copters might have in the area?

That's an awfully huge amount of black helicopters, and obviously something out of the ordinary is going on.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ah, N.M. what a place.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Look up www.sandia.gov..., they do work for the government. hope that helps

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Sandia's primary mission is ensuring the U.S. nuclear arsenal is safe, secure, reliable, and can fully support our Nation's deterrence policy. We employ only the most advanced and failsafe technologies to fulfill our responsibilities as stewards of the nuclear stockpile.

World-class scientists and engineers are drawn to Sandia by opportunities to conduct breakthrough research. Sandia designs and integrates over 6,300 parts of a modern nuclear weapon's 6,500 components. And our state-of-the-art laboratories facilitate large-scale testing and computational simulation, supporting our efforts to:

•Enhance weapon and surveillance technology
•Create new technologies to safeguard our nuclear production complex
•Evaluate the nuclear arsenal for safety, security, and reliability
•Develop new defense options
•Update weapons systems to maintain their capabilities

From the above poster's link www.sandia.gov...

Yikes! I see, I see! Thanks for the link. This is obviously an important place, and I feel a little silly that I was unfamiliar with it.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well there is also a USAF Special Operations unit with MH-60 helicopters at Kirtland AFB, and much of their flying is in the mountains, especially when they conduct training for the Pararescue students

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
58th Special Operations Wing

Our mission is to train mission-ready special operations, combat search and rescue, missile site support, and UH-1 Distinguished Visitor airlift crews directly supporting Air Expeditionary Forces for the world's best aerospace force.

That may have something to do with what you saw. Apparently Kirtland is the host of multiple units that are directly related to the labs.

www.aetc.af.mil...

That may tie into the flight paths you have seen. If not, then there is something big afoot.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOni

that sounds like the issue here--there is something big afoot!! WHAT??

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jazabel51

This thread was sorta left hanging in the wind. I was curious if there was ever any resolution as to what happened on the day referred to in the OP?

OP? Anybody?

new topics

top topics

join