It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ISS, what are they doing up there???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
G'Day All:

The news media always cover the launching of the Space Shuttle, in fact is just an everyday piece of news thesedays.

However NOWHERE can you find out whats going on up there ????

They are pouring billions into the ISS, so just thought maybe somebody here can tell me whats going on up there.

It's the old "follow the money", so who's footing the bill and who's going to benifit?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I hope you can read. Here is en excerpt from the Wikipedia article:

The ISS provides a platform to conduct experiments that require one or more of the unusual conditions present on the station. The primary fields of research include human research, space medicine, life sciences, physical sciences, astronomy and meteorology. The 2005 NASA Authorization Act designated the American segment of the International Space Station as a national laboratory with the goal of increasing the use of the ISS by other federal agencies and the private sector.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Research on the ISS improves knowledge about the effects of long-term space exposure on the human body. Subjects currently under study include muscle atrophy, bone loss, and fluid shift. The data will be used to determine whether space colonisation and lengthy human spaceflight are feasible. As of 2006, data on bone loss and muscular atrophy suggest that there would be a significant risk of fractures and movement problems if astronauts landed on a planet after a lengthy interplanetary cruise (such as the six-month journey time required to fly to Mars

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Researchers are investigating the effect of the station's near-weightless environment on the evolution, development, growth and internal processes of plants and animals. In response to some of this data, NASA wants to investigate microgravity's effects on the growth of three-dimensional, human-like tissues, and the unusual protein crystals that can be formed in space.

The investigation of the physics of fluids in microgravity will allow researchers to model the behaviour of fluids better. Because fluids can be almost completely combined in microgravity, physicists investigate fluids that do not mix well on Earth. In addition, an examination of reactions that are slowed by low gravity and temperatures will give scientists a deeper understanding of superconductivity

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Long story short

-- there

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Ok so they are conducting all sorts of experiments.

So where's all the results of these experiments ???

I smell a rat here, anybody else have a sneeking suspection that there are also some sort of covert operations going on ?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What about the x-37B?
That seems to have been forgotten about?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

In the age of Google, it's not too difficult to locate original science papers with concrete results. Feel free.

As an aside note, the experience of operating a large inhabited space complex for a long period of time is, in itself, pretty much priceless. If the humanity doesn't kill itself in short order, sooner or later we'll be faring to deep space. We can't do that at all w/o the knowledge.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hello there!

Maybe the ISS is a meeting point with ET-s?????

Peace.....!!!!
e

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekiusa

Hello there!

Peace.....!!!!
e

Well there are plenty of UTube vids of UFO' coming and going around the ISS.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Hello there!

Peace.....!!!!
e

Hard to tell if you meant that sarcastically or not, but either way- you may not be far off the mark.............

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Let me just remark that since this is a conspiracy site, this comment makes 100% of sense. Entering of the atmosphere may not be desirable for the aliens for fear of detection or malfunction of their craft.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Let me just remark that since this is a conspiracy site, this comment makes 100% of sense. Entering of the atmosphere may not be desirable for the aliens for fear of detection or malfunction of their craft.

Yep thats credable, and after reding Richard C Hoagland' "Dark Mission" and the lies NASA has been telling us over the years, seems like there could be something "black" going on. A conspiracy, you bet, it's just the amount of money they are spending makes me feel that there is "more to this story".

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I smell a rat here, anybody else have a sneeking suspection that there are also some sort of covert operations going on ?

Well that was pretty difficult.
www.nasa.gov...

Looks like a pretty full schedule.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yep thats credable, and after reding Richard C Hoagland' "Dark Mission" and the lies NASA has been telling us over the years, seems like there could be something "black" going on. A conspiracy, you bet, it's just the amount of money they are spending makes me feel that there is "more to this story".

Just don't overdose on Hoagland. IMHO he's a charlatan looking to make some $$$ from selling his books.

There might be plenty of secret stuff going on, but not what Hoagland is drumming up.

Russian astronauts reportedly had alien encounters, but let's just wait until we know. Sooner or later it'll come up.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hello there!

Peace.....!!!!
e

Plenty of youtube videos? Right. Well I guess that solves it. - _ -

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Hello there!

Peace.....!!!!
e

Plenty of youtube videos? Right. Well I guess that solves it. - _ -

The video's solve nothing.

Big bucks being spent on space exploration, hmmmmm, it just reaks of something black IMHO.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The ISS will be the home of Satan when he rules for his 7 years.

In all seriousness, I've been asking people that question for years and no one seems to know the REAL reason on what they're doing up there.

Another great question is why are they ending the Space Shuttles? Yeah, yeah, I know, "they're so old." But what is the REAL reason?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

They're old.
And very expensive to operate. And their primary mission (building the ISS) is done.
But it's a bad idea to dump them.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
not enough MPG's

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join