It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Caught and Released 481 ‘Fugitive’ Illegals from State Sponsors of Terror and ‘Countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Is it just me that is struggling to see anything positive in the DHS? This is amazing.

In the three fiscal years from 2007-2009, the Department of Homeland Security caught and released 481 illegal aliens from nations designated as state sponsors of terrorism and “countries of interest,” and those 481 aliens are now fugitives, according to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement database obtained by CNSNews.com as the result of a Freedom of Information Act request.

The total number of active fugitive cases involving citizens from the four state sponsors and the 10 countries of interest include:

Cuba-137
Nigeria-97
Pakistan-87
Lebanon-34
Iran-29
Iraq-26
Somalia-22
Sudan-14
Syria-13
Yemen-8
Algeria-8
Afghanistan-4
Saudi Arabia-2
Libya-0

ICE Spokeswoman Gillian Brigham told CNSNews.com that a “fugitive” as listed in the database is defined as an individual who has been found legally deportable and has evaded authorities.

All because our system is bursting at the seams.

“On any given day, the immigration detention system has about 32,000 beds available for people going through immigration proceedings,” Brigham said. “There are 1.6 million people going through some kind of immigration court proceeding. So you can’t detain everyone.”

cnsnews.com...

Let's create jobs an actually construct more facilities to handle this problem. Shovel Ready? Start digging...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
More detention centers are being built. Here is one in VA and I had read somewhere others were to be built.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.correctionalnews.com...

The article gives the reason why they were released. Seems their crime was a lot less serious than the ones they kept. I realize there is a concern because they are here illegally and from a terrorist country. However, it doesn't necessary mean they are terrorist.

One thing that I would like to point out is that their information and biometrics are in the system and will be detained if they get arrested.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well, what do you expect?

Mayhem is what they want. They want to cause chaos to institute more and more draconian laws.

I just came up with an idea for the states.

Tell me what you think. Currently writing an email I am going to send to all the states that are looking to institute their own immigration laws.

State Constitutional POWER to enforce immigration laws.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Build centers? Pffft! Tents and barbed wire cost next to nothing, Make sure they know that the area is surrounded my landmines and I guarantee you everyone will still be there the next day.
With that many illegals running around what's the point in having DHS? They just admitted they can't do their jobs.

new topics

top topics

join