It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAA airport staff vote for strike action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

BAA airport staff vote for strike action

www.bbc.co.uk

Workers at six UK airports owned by BAA have voted three-to-one in favour of strike action in a dispute over pay.

BAA said Heathrow, Stansted, Glasgow, Southampton, Edinburgh and Aberdeen airports would have to close on any strike days, as vital staff including firefighters are due to take part.

Strike dates are expected to be announced next week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Look out everyone.. Be prepared for your international and local flights to be cancelled or re-routed.

Depending on where you're from, that is.

Looks like the UK is going to have clear skies again. But this time it's not due to a volcano blowing its top, but rather those who wish for more pay blowing their tops.

I'm kinda for the action, but i do feel for all those who have to suffer from a lost holiday or connectiong flights etc due to this action.

Obviously, there is no way of knowing how long this strike action will go on for or how long the airports listed will be affected.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How fitting? Well depends from which perspective I supose. Recent virus announced? Solar weather or imminent wwIII? Take it how you choose to but don't be suprised at the outcome, BA collapse?

join