It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that really may help my state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Nicky Hailey is currently running for Governor in the state of South Carolina for those of you that don't know. I have my concerns about her becoming our governor, but she just came out and mad a statement that I believe is one of the best things I have heard out of government in a long time.

She said that if she is elected she would work to eliminate all corporate taxes in the State of South Carolina. This is fantastic. It will bring companies which will provide jobs which are desperatly needed here.

I really hope that the Federal government can learn something from this type of idea. All higher taxes does is hurt the economy. It slows growth and hurts our ability to be productive. America currently has the highest corporate tax rate in the world. This is why our jobs are heading over seas.

As a nation lets inform our country that we want our jobs back and our taxes lowered. It is time to break the chains of slavery that is high taxes. No matter what benefit we receive from the taxes they can not make up for the damages done to us individually or as a nation.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Ohhhhhhh the promises of campaigning Neanderthals.

Soon, they're going to run out of good, solid, promises that people actually believe, and they're going to resort to things like "If you make me Governor, ill get Miley Cyrus to come play at your daughters birthday party!!!!"

And that, too, will be just as possible as eliminating corporate taxes.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I really hope that the Federal government can learn something from this type of idea. All higher taxes does is hurt the economy. It slows growth and hurts our ability to be productive. America currently has the highest corporate tax rate in the world. This is why our jobs are heading over seas.

Hmm...i don't think you're thinking this through too far.

If corporate taxes are eliminated, that puts a much larger and heavier burden on the middle class tax payer.

If that middle class tax payer is taxed to the point that he or she cannot afford to go to a business OWNED BY a corporation and spend money, then how exactly is that corporation benefiting?

Everyone should be paying an equal % of taxes, and nothing....NOTHING....should be tax deductible. Pay your share, same %, ever year, and magically, a majority of our problems just float away.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Everyone should be paying an equal % of taxes, and nothing....NOTHING....should be tax deductible. Pay your share, same %, ever year, and magically, a majority of our problems just float away.

That sort of assumes some lunatics will keep their spending in check.

A flat tax is scary for the government. It would mean they'd have a set income and would have to adjust spending accordingly. As it is now they can fluctuate the rates all over and add or drop little caveats and schemes whenever they see fit and dip their hands into any number of "funds" to make the books work for them.

We'd have a flat tax for a few years then we'd be right back to "we cant afford to keep you safe/educate your kids/fight men in caves" type nonsense we're living with now and our once flat tax will be the base to which numerous other taxes are attached like VAT's.

Suddenly that flat percentage isnt so flat and we'll be paying more all across the board because the guys with all the guns and jails can't balance their checkbooks.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

This type of thing will not really hurt the individual. What it will do is attract more people and allow people to earn more money in our state. South Carolina makes most of its money off of sales tax and property tax right now. With a moderate amount of Corporate tax added in. Eliminate that tax and peoples pay rate will go up. Then people will spend more money and the sales tax will raise revenue for the state. Corporations also will spend money on things that will raise revenue for the state. Such as land that they will have to pay property tax on.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
the government wouldn't run out of money with a flat tax....they'd just have to stop spending money on idiotic things, and a flat tax would force them to do just that.

No more million dollar grants to study the mating rituals of the aboriginal boars of the congo or something else equally as meaningless.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

That's quite a gamble to assume limited funds would keep spending in check. After all the body regulating the source of finds is the same body doing the spending. They have and continue to use military force and violence to collect for their spending. They have and continue to promise fiscal responsibility while simultaneously winning their elections by promising more expenses.

If we had the power to deny their requests for more money to waste I'd agree with you that a set income would curb expenses but unfortunately we do not have that power. We're supposed to have it, theoretically, but the voting mass would rather see more overspending, the politicians are happy to give that to them, and they have the authority to shoot us all in the head if we object and withhold funding.

top topics

join