It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Blue Plague is Evolvng

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

I only mentioned SLS to preempt the ridiculous argument that Corexit is altering cell membranes. I never said they were one and the same.

Corexit is a soap, as well as an astringent. Yes it contains light hydrocarbons. Cloudsinthesky is privy to the confidential entire ingredient list that was never made public. So is the chemlab here at my school. They have been contracted by Nalco to do water testing. Clouds and Paxnatus have been on top of this thing from the start. They have contracted for private testing of rainwater. Follow the link that Clouds provided. This is a top notch research project.

If anyone needs to do research, it certainly isn't me. I have had the MSDS of the Corexit for months! The SLS was only 1 key component that some youtube and blogger junkies like to harp on, because of its property of damaging cell membranes. They just don't realize that every soap on the market damages cell membranes, and that is a good thing!

BTW! At the beach this weekend! Wonderful clear water. Great time, sporadic rainshowers (typical for this time of year, plus a tropical system just went through but didn't develop.) A little too much seaweed, probably a combination of off-shore oil damage and churning water from the storm.

Come to Florida, the weather is BEAUTIFUL and the beaches are still pristine!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
great dead seaweed from either a toxic soup, or maybe a storm.

I shall pass on the swimming thank you.

looks can be deceiving corexit is doing its job and that is hiding from you so eat it up. swim it up it's good for you, ROFL

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

My opinion has changed. Just got back from the Beach at Bald Point/Alligator Point and it was nasty!

There was obvious oil in the water and embedded in the sand. I am uploading video to YouTube now. i will be putting up a new thread as soon as my kids go to bed. I will put a link here.

Let me repeat. Beach was horrible! water has 6-8 inches of visibility instead of its usual 40+ feet! Beach is striated from pristine white, to sandy brown, to dark brown, to gray/black at the waters edge.

You dig down in the sand a few feet off shore, it used to fill with clean water, now it fills with a coffee looking nasty water.

Over the past week, the water has changed from pristine, to entirely impregnated with oil!!

New thread to follow later tonight with video, pictures, and map of the beach.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My First Hand account from the Gulf today, with Video

I apologize to all of those that I have debated about the safety of swimming in the Gulf. After today, I well no longer be eating Gulf Seafood, or swimming in the Gulf for at least 1 year. The family just spent the past hour in the shower recovering from our adventure today.

Please check it out and ask me any questions you may have.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I apologize to all of those that I have debated about the safety of swimming in the Gulf. After today, I well no longer be eating Gulf Seafood, or swimming in the Gulf for at least 1 year. The family just spent the past hour in the shower recovering from our adventure today.

After seeing the videos in your thread, I am curious how that relates to your opinion about the chemical make-up of corexitt, which you seem to think (in this thread) is benign.

Now you see crude on the beach and think Corexitt is toxic?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
corexit is being spread allover the planet.
nalco is layered with owners and the snake nest is filled
with the likes of goldman sachs
david rockefeller .
the usual suspects.
but they connect.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by getreadyalready

After seeing the videos in your thread, I am curious how that relates to your opinion about the chemical make-up of corexitt, which you seem to think (in this thread) is benign.

Now you see crude on the beach and think Corexitt is toxic?

NO. My opinion of Corexit hasn't changed, my opinion of whether or not one should swim or eat from the Gulf has changed.

I still don't think Corexit is more toxic than oil. BUT, I now see that the Corexit had the unintended consequence of dispersing the oil through out the seawater, instead of confining it to the bottom or letting it float to the top for skimming.

I thought it was protecting the beaches by dispersing the oil and sinking it to the bottom. I knew it was a delay tactic, but I thought it would buy enough time to help the beaches and marshes. Instead, it spread the oil even further!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, um, Pardon my incredulous-ness, but what EVER made you think corexit wasnt a dispersant that, well, disperses?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang

You have made this sort of comment at least once before, and I have asked at least once before for evidence.

Got any?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang

You have made this sort of comment at least once before, and I have asked at least once before for evidence.

Got any?

OK here's some.

I live in the NY metro area, but in the suburbs. We have trees, green grass, etc. here. We have had a very dry summer but stuff has stayed green (rising water table?) However, after each rainstorm, stuff has turned brown. Not massively, but the difference was clear. A dogwood tree went from green to part-brown. The leaves on a magnolia tree wrinkled up a bit. The recent rainstorm was not as bad in that regard as earlier in the summer (the rainstorms are few and discrete this year) in its effect, but still, the plants have looked the worst after a rainstorm!

If it isn't Corexit, what is it? And I'm 1000 miles or more from the Gulf, as the crow flies.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, um, Pardon my incredulous-ness, but what EVER made you think corexit wasnt a dispersant that, well, disperses?

A better question would be how he can still claim to know anything more than high-school chemestry.

credibility = lost.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

????????

Check out my last post on the other thread. USF researchers have concluded that 70-79% of the oil is in microscopic suspension at the sea bottom in the colder waters. That is exactly what the dispersant was supposed to do. However, now everyone is second-guessing whether or not that was a good idea.

Where is my credibility lost?

<< 1   >>

join