It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Blue Plague is Evolvng

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The Gulf Blue Plague is Evolvng

worldvisionportal.org

Along with the symptoms that mimic flu-like viruses, there are increasing cases of severe symptomatic cyanosis. These rapidly increasing symptoms range from bluish lip color to numbness in fingers and toes. There is also a fast growing increase of pneumonia cases which are being diagnosed as chemical induced pneumonia. Those working on boats and those living directly on the coast are the most effected.

Cyanosis is simply oxygen starvation in the blood. With a moderate case involving such a lack of oxygen, the skin appears to have a blueish colour. Hands and fingers especially show these si
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As so many people have already said, the Corexit they used is worse than the oil itself.

This information is coming out bit by bit, because workers there are terrified of losing their jobs if they speak out. I guess many of them probably also feel too ill to do much more than survive the day.

To say this is criminal is insufficient. I can't find the words to describe how I feel about this deliberate genocide in the Gulf.

The government should never have allowed BP to use Corexit, of course, particularly as the relevant authorities had told them not to. But since the government and BP are complicit with each other, BP just ignored all the guidelines and advice - deliberately.

What utter monsters these people in charge of the country are. Total, utter abomations. They look like humans, they speak like humans but they AREN'T. To even describe them as animals is to insult all animals. These people are the devil, pure and simple.

I'm going to look up to see if there is anything natural which could help these poor people - the first thing that comes to mind is activated charcoal - it's excellent at removing toxins which are deposited in the digestive tract, inexpensive and relatively easy to get hold of.

worldvisionportal.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
And another sad thing is that so many of us have tried to warn friends and loved ones in that area of the Corexit risk,and so few,if any,take us seriously,and wouldn't unless they heard it on the MSM news!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Man... who comes up with these names?

Its Like there designed to sell something!
like a catch phrase

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I live on the Gulf. I have friends who work in the ER's on the coast. I have friends working on the cleanup crews on the Gulf. We have ATSers working on the cleanup crews on the Gulf. I have a degree in Chemistry. We have labs checking the water from the Gulf. There are not a bunch of sick people from this. As a matter of fact, there are only random cases of sick people, and they usually have complicating factors. In other words, they probably would have been sick anyway. The FDA has also stated time and time again that the Corexit is not more toxic than the oil, and the combination of Corexit and Oil is not more toxic than oil alone.

Do I think that fishing should be widely opened up? NO! Do I think the "smell test" is sufficient when eating seafood? NO!

BUT, I am quite certain that the Corexit made this situation better, not worse. I am also quite certain that Oxygen depletion is happening in the water due to the Methane and other dissolved LPG.

The situation is dire, no argument there. Many things that are happening were predicted by ATSers, and so far the ATSers have made the most accurate predictions of the total oil flow, the best way to stop the leak, the lasting effects, and even what type of disinformation and propaganda to expect from the official sources.

I agree that there are problems, but I get so annoyed when everyone points to Corexit as the biggest issue. Corexit is only one of several dispersants used, and it is in no way, shape, or form the biggest threat in the Gulf. Methane and LPG solution in the seawater is the biggest threat for Oxygen depletion, sealife, and catastrophic stuff as well.

The oil is mostly contained on the seafloor at this time (because of the use of dispersants) and on the seafloor it will move slower and have much more time for the enzymes to break it down. We will probably get 20 years worth of occasional washups on shores and marshes, but the effects will be much lower with it spread out over 20 years. This is a much better situation than having it all wash up right now!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
And another sad thing is that so many of us have tried to warn friends and loved ones in that area of the Corexit risk,and so few,if any,take us seriously,and wouldn't unless they heard it on the MSM news!

If you have friends and loved ones in the area, shouldn't you be listening to them instead of vice versa? How do you presume to know more than they do?

It is true that they need to be hyper-vigilant, and that they should not be waiting on MSM to tell them what to do, but it is also true that they probably have first hand knowledge of what is happening down here, and they are probably more well-equipped to make conscientious decisions, than a conspiracy theorist hundreds of miles away.

I am a CS. I am also a Chemist. I am also a State Worker. I am also on the coast. Trust me, the situation is bad for the Gulf, but it is nothing like some ATS members would have you believe. There is no immediate danger. There is no overcrowding in the ERs. There is only a sad situation for sealife, marshes, and fragile economies. The negative effects will last for decades, but it is not a catastrophe at this very moment, and hopefully mother nature will fix things and it will never be a widespread catastrophe.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Your words are somewhat reassuring,and I shall hope you are correct!

I can't speak for others,except for other responses I've read about,but in the past whan I tried telling my mom something the MSM wasn't sharing,she has said,"No thanks! I like my news better!"

Still,I hope they are not in danger,physically. Economically,they may be in for a rough ride,but that's not as bad as "the plaque"!

Thanks for posting.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
@getreadyalready, are you nuts? Everybody I know is sick, everybody they know is sick. It is usually a short lived flu like feeling in the previously healthy but it doesn't go away.
I was outside for less than a minute yesterday and got the burning throat. Last night I sounded like a chain smoker my voice was so raspy. Had stomach cramps all night.
What about the people that visit and think the water is safe, they go home and get sick.
Wake up we are being poisoned.
People are not flocking to ER's yet. The ones that know they are bring poisoned know there is nothing that can be done.
Don't anybody even tell me to leave it is not possible.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

When we saw that BP had the Deepwater Horizon capped and under control, we were misled into believing that all was now okay. However, it is far from over. The medical disaster is only just starting to make it self manifest. See the video above ? Her sores are typical of what millions are going to suffer. Also one must realise that the problem is not temporary. Ultimately it is going to be a death sentence for millions living in the affected Gulf of Mexico region.

Another problem being discussed in another thread is the problem of large discharge of Methane from the sea floor, which if large enough could in theory not just suffocate, but also cause a tsunami event.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Very misleading.

That video has no medical opinion and implies that toxic water caused the sores.

It's like saying "I have a cold after breathing"

For all we know she was bitten by some insects.. which is what that looks like to me.

Or it could just be a woman with sores that never even went into the water, lives no where near the gulf and just wanted some views on her youtube.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Very misleading.

That video has no medical opinion and implies that toxic water caused the sores.

It's like saying "I have a cold after breathing"

For all we know she was bitten by some insects.. which is what that looks like to me.

Or it could just be a woman with sores that never even went into the water, lives no where near the gulf and just wanted some views on her youtube.

At 17seconds there is a clear picture of contact dermatitis characteristic of petroleum exposure. I have seen many similar skin conditions working in the oil fields on workers arms that got exposed to solvents and/or crude. The sores are folliculitis caused by irritation of the hair follicle induced infection.
Having seen this many times and even experienced it three times I am convinced what I am seeing on her legs is just what I said.
The big question I have is why is anyone going in the water?
N.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
they are spraying corexit all over, not just the gulf.
Nalco is the chemical company to investigate.
they are using chemical weapons on the civilian populace.
it's that simple.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang

Do you have evidence of this?

I'd like to see it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Really, where are all the sick people? I live on the coast in Louisiana right here in Lafourche Parish. Again with the fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

Where are you?

I know a lot of fishermen and cleanup crews and I have friends on the beach in Destin, Ft Walton Beach, and Pensacola at this very moment. The air is clear, the smell is gone, and the water is fine!

Things may be different in Louisianna. I only know about things East of Mobile Bay.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

it's that simple.

No they are not.

Why would they?

They were injecting corexit and other dispersants at high pressure directly into the escaping oil. They were also aerial spraying corexit about 1-2 miles off shore to help break up the oil and sink it to the sea bottom and keep it off the beaches and marshes.

They were NEVER spraying it directly over the beach or inland. It would be worthless there. It would serve no purpose, it would cost a lot of money with no payoff. Even if the idea was to hurt people for no apparent reason, spraying corexit over a population would be an extremely inefficient way to do it. Everyone would notice a smelly, oily, soapy, residue raining down on them from a passing airplane. They would go inside and wash it off, and it wouldn't do anything. What would be the point of that?

BTW, if you are going to mention how it damages cell membranes, first you need to research sodium lauryl sulfate and all of its related compounds. That is your basic soap ingredient in any soap in your house. The reason soap kills bacteria and makes you clean is because it damages cell membranes. It also lifts and disperses dirt. This is not new or unique to corexit.

If you are going to refer to those stupid spotted leaves up in Tennessee or wherever. That was proven to be a Fuel Dump from a passing cargo jet. That was kerosene that caused the brown spots on the leaves.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Well if the FDA says its safe,I guess theres nothing to worry about. We all know the FDA and our government have our safety on top of their prioritys list.LOL If its so safe why is it banned in so many countries?You would think as a chemist you would be a little smarter.Dont mean that as an insult,but clearly you dont know much about corexit.And they were spraying it at night do your research.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

it's that simple.

No they are not.

Why would they?

They were injecting corexit and other dispersants at high pressure directly into the escaping oil. They were also aerial spraying corexit about 1-2 miles off shore to help break up the oil and sink it to the sea bottom and keep it off the beaches and marshes.

They were NEVER spraying it directly over the beach or inland. It would be worthless there. It would serve no purpose, it would cost a lot of money with no payoff. Even if the idea was to hurt people for no apparent reason, spraying corexit over a population would be an extremely inefficient way to do it. Everyone would notice a smelly, oily, soapy, residue raining down on them from a passing airplane. They would go inside and wash it off, and it wouldn't do anything. What would be the point of that?

BTW, if you are going to mention how it damages cell membranes, first you need to research sodium lauryl sulfate and all of its related compounds. That is your basic soap ingredient in any soap in your house. The reason soap kills bacteria and makes you clean is because it damages cell membranes. It also lifts and disperses dirt. This is not new or unique to corexit.

If you are going to refer to those stupid spotted leaves up in Tennessee or wherever. That was proven to be a Fuel Dump from a passing cargo jet. That was kerosene that caused the brown spots on the leaves.

For a chemist you have omitted some fairly glaring differences between SLS and Corexit like the light hydrocarbons and alcohols with the surfactants that exacerbate the effects of both.In fact I am curious what kind of chemist you are? Just saying your a chemist really does not make you more relevant if you are a ketchup chemist for Del Monte.
I have done R/D on emulsifying sulfonates and will tell you emulsified light hydrocarbons are quite dangerous in their ability to be absorbed by skin.
In the case of Corexit propanol , 2-butoxyethanol and light distillates before mixed with oil and a much broader mix including benzene with the crude as well as halogenated compounds.
As for the spraying.... reports of marshland being sprayed have been reported through out the event.
So if you are a chemist please address the whole compound, Corexit. It's surfactants by themselves are common. Their mixture with it's other components are not common or non-toxic.
So yeah as a chemist, your omissions and comparison of Corexit with SLS show you to be either a ketchup chemist or that you are being misleading. Do a search for threads on Corexit spraying and you will hear of Corexit being sprayed on an inhabited lake which drains into the gulf.
P.S. I would much rather have SLS sprayed all over everything than get even a little bit of propanol or butoxyethanol on me much less the mixture it is designed to become with oil.
Care to address this?
N.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Something that mimics viruses eh? Maybe there are more of these "plagues" than we think.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

OMG.. getready has gone over to the darkside...lol......Well I do hope your right.....

But we will still test the rain and what ever comes our way..........

Personally I do not trust anything I have been hearing for the past two months from the Feds and BP........

So we will just let the testing speak for itself.........Now we just need rain..lol

For those who want to join our project.....just click here.. testtherain.com...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join