It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was i imagining things?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Lets see I would have been somewhere in my early to mid 20's when this happened. I was sitting in the living room with the TV on, but I was reading a book. Suddenly I heard the noise for the emergency broadcast system.. so naturaly I looked up. The message read something like this...

A large unidentified object has been spotted over NY city... please stay tuned for further details.

No further details ever came....

I never heard anyone mention it.... very odd

The only thing I could think of was, the most grand cover up ever, HOAX (but why no news on it) or maybe a promo for Independance Day.. however I don't know if that movie was out then.. and if it were you'd think I would have put two and two together back then.

so....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Independence Day came out July 3 1996. So sometime in the summer of 96 it probably would have been a promotion for that movie.

I have read reports before about people seeing odd UFO related things show up unexpectedly on TV. Perhaps to quickly gauge reaction by the viewing audience, or just one of those rare cases where the truth is blurted out for a moment.

Since UFO events are kept fairly quiet by the media, when they do show up they are usually only known about locally. So you seeing a one-time only broadcast like that isn't unknown to the subject.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
ok then this would have been after the movie came out

so you're saying these things do happen and are quickly put under?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yup. Happens all the time. On this board we get reports about UFO cases from local tv/radio stations around the world. Sometimes with claims of video or pictures taken, and nothing is seen or heard of the event ever again.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by heelstone]

new topics

top topics

join