It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! Calling all Healers and ANYONE that can help. My Mom was diagnosed with serious cancers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Let me give you all a brief idea what has been going on in my life. My 56 year old Mother (breast cancer survivor in '04) started getting lower abdominal pains and a stomach ache a couple months ago that did not get any better after two days. After a trip to the ER and a abdomen x-ray, they saw that her Pancreas was slightly enlarged and her blood tests revealed that her lipids (i think) were slightly high as well. It was contributed to that she possibly had bad wine a couple nights before and that was the cause. She was released and all was fine for 2 months. Now about three and a half weeks ago, the stomach ache came back, as did the abdominal pain. Back to the ER because she just had a feeling something was up. While she was there, they gave her a CT-Scan this time, and saw a distinct cloudy something around her pancreas. She was then admitted for about a week. During that time she had blood tests and an MRI, which then showed that it was in fact a tumor, growing very close to the main duct that goes to the spleen. The tumor was then biopsied and we prayed and prayed it was not cancer, scariest week ever waiting for the results.

The results came back negative for cancer on the tumor. She jumped up and hugged us all, called everyone so happy to tell the news it was not cancer. We were so happy and she found out she still has to get the tumor removed from the pancreas and a possibility that the spleen will have to be removed as well because of the tumor growing around/into the main artery or duct going to the spleen.

About a week ago she talked to the surgeon and found out that was in fact the case, part of her pancreas would have to be removed with the tumor and the spleen would come out as well. That alone scared my Mom but we were all supportive of her. My brother (24), sister (21) and me (28) and the rest of our family.

Monday was the day we all got up at 4:30am to bring her to the hospital to have the procedure done. We stayed for a little while until other family came and then some of us went home to get a couple hours of sleep. Then we got the call it was done around 11am and rushed back, we walked in her room and were surprised she wasn't in ICU. She looked so good, couldn't talk very well because of the tube down her throat during the procedure, but happy it was over. Still drowsy coming off of the anesthetics, but happy. We anxiously awaited the Surgeon to come in to tell us how it all went. About an hour later, just my Sister and I were in the room when her Surgeon came in the room. She sat down next to my mom in her bed and started to talk about the procedure and then said they found spots on her liver.... Biopsied them and they came back cancerous... which also means the tumor on the pancreas is also cancerous.... they did not continue any more, did not remove the spleen or part of the pancreas because it has to be treated before you can remove anything.
So I just sat there stunned, and my world came crashing down as well as my mothers. I'll never forget that look in her eyes. My sister just started crying and ran out of the room. All I could think to say to my mom was that it was all going to be ok while I held her hand.

So... We do not yet know what the stage is, my mom will meet with the Oncologist next week to find the pathology and the proper way to treat this with chemo most likely. The doctors said she is very healthy otherwise.

The worst part is she has no health insurance, lost her job not too long ago and is on unemployment which will soon end.

Her name is Carla.

What I'm calling out for is anyone, spiritual healers, religious people, just anyone that think they can do anything, pray, chant, anything to send positive energy to her, just anything would make me and my family eternally grateful.

My Mother is our core, She is the strongest person that we all look up to and is an amazing person throughout. Thank you for taking time to read this.

Basically from what I know now: "Patients diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer can be broadly divided into two groups:

1. Stage IVA pancreatic cancer is locally confined, but involves adjacent organs or blood vessels, thereby hindering surgical removal. Stage IVA pancreatic cancer is also referred to as localized or locally advanced.

2. Stage IVB pancreatic cancer has spread to distant organs, most commonly the liver. Stage IVB pancreatic cancer is also called metastatic.

The goal of treatment for patients with localized IVA disease is to induce a remission, or a disease free period that may last months or years. Management of patients with stage IVB disease is often aimed at controlling symptoms and pain from the cancer.

Stage IV pancreatic cancer is generally not removable by surgery and is therefore rarely curable and often difficult to control. A surgical procedure may be possible to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life in some patients, but the recommended treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer is typically chemotherapy. The standard chemotherapy drug for the treatment of pancreatic cancer is Gemzar.

The following is a general overview of the treatment for Stage IV pancreatic cancer. Treatment may consist of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, biological therapy, or a combination of these treatment techniques. Multi modality treatment, is treatment using two or more techniques, is increasingly recognized as an important approach for improving a patients chance of cure or prolonging survival.

Treatment for stage IVA pancreatic cancer may include palliative surgery, chemotherapy, which is chemotherapy and radiation delivered together. Chemotherapy is the use of anti cancer drugs to destroy cancer cells throughout the body. Radiation therapy uses high energy X-rays to kill cancer cells at the location in the body where the X-rays are focused. Occasionally, a surgical bypass procedure may alleviate complications of the cancer, such as, jaundice, intestinal obstruction, or pain, thereby improving quality of life."

Please flag and spread the word about this thread, please.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by porschedrifter]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Update!
My Moms surgeon called right out of the OR today because she couldn't wait to tell her, The tumor on her pancreas is NOT what they originally thought it was, but a slow progressing Neuroendocrine type tumor! Her surgeon rushed an operation date this Tues for neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer at Jersey
Shore Medical Cent...er. This has a better prognosis than before!!!!!!!! We aren't out of the line of fire yet, but there is a much better chance now that the liver spots can be removed and the rest treated!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have been praying since I first read this post and will continue to do so untill you post a update. Glad to hear of the "lesser"prognosis. Keep your spirits up. that will help your mom as well as anything.

Good luck to you and your mom. I will keep praying.

God bless.

GoC.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Update!
My Moms surgeon called right out of the OR today because she couldn't wait to tell her, The tumor on her pancreas is NOT what they originally thought it was, but a slow progressing Neuroendocrine type tumor! Her surgeon rushed an operation date this Tues for neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer at Jersey
Shore Medical Cent...er. This has a better prognosis than before!!!!!!!! We aren't out of the line of fire yet, but there is a much better chance now that the liver spots can be removed and the rest treated!

I guess sometimes we get what we ask for, ....

Your welcome kid.

Just remember, .... no one lives forever.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
i give you a small piece of my healing,remember man when your positive you can beat anything. lot of people recovered from such sicknesses by willpower alone. and make sure the doctors can do everything they can to help too,you dont know how incompetent some of them are

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sending her healing energy. She needs to do it too, as do you all. Just know you can, because you can. Love is the greatest healer of all.

As an afterthought though, I would like to remind you as another poster did above that no one lives forever. Death is no more cause for sadness than is birth, and vice versa. Don't worry. No matter when she leaves, she'll be back. That's the way it is.

[edit on 15/8/2010 by CosmicEgg]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thinking and sending positive thoughts ... I wish her all the best,

My dad is also battling cancer right now so if you need to talk to anyone know that im about for you, Its scary time for us.

I swear we panic more than they do

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was just reading the other day somebody's thread "The Cure for all Cancer " I think is a great amount of Info there that could be very useful for your mom . In life is never too late to try anything .

Hope all will be well with her . I lost my father of lung cancer some years back I have a feeling I know what you went and going through.

I would recommend anyone to read this :

www.cancerisdead.com...

All the best .

Spread the knowledge and help others ...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
TextPraying for your Moms recovery and health and your family wellness to-also sending as much healing energy as possible-as a survivor of stage 4 lymphoma-i can attest strange things happen thru postive and loving energy-most of all stay upbeat and it will radiate to others-blessings to all-

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I am very happy to hear about the new diagnosis for your mom. I have a friend who beat cancer with prayer and diet. There are several good sites about preventing and curing cancer. The one thing that most have in common is to make the body alkaline. The way to do it is where they disagree, but only slightly. Dr.Simoncini from Italy uses IV baking soda solution. He is a real MD and has seen tumors shrink and disappear in a realatively short time by putting the baking soda directly into the feeder artery. The other is Dr. Coldwell. He has many youtube videos and you can listen to him on blogspot radio. thedrcoldwellreport.blogspot.com/ He supports hydrogen peroxide. Not the kind you get at Wal-Mart, but food grade 35%. I haven't been able to find it, but you can get 17.5% on eBay and it gives you a schedule that build up to a certian level. After you get to the level (50 drops 3X a day) and then maintain until the problem disappears. It also offers a schedule to get reduce the level.
Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm a pretty good hobby healer.
I have healed relatives, friends and strangers.
What's one more?

So here goes.
First take a look at my latest success story and see if it inspires you, then let's talk some more.

Plumber Cured of Liver Cancer Renews Sex Life

Plumber Mamerto Balthazar II or Mang Ben for short was diagnosed with Liver Cancer last September 2008 and was given 6 months to live by his oncologist. He refused the chemotherapy and refused gall bladder removal surgery offer due to lack of funds. Mang Ben found his liver cancer cure with a concerned customer using 2 simple at home methods: colon cleansing with Dr. Tam’s Miracle Tea and liver flushing with egg yolks. At 59 today, Mang Ben says “Thanks to Edwin, I’m well now, I am back in the plumbing business. And my erections have returned, my wife is so happy.”

www.myhealthblog.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Glad to hear it wasn't cancer. I'll pray for her to make a quick and complete recovery.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi have also heard of the Dr Simoncini in Italy that cures cancer, also oxygen therapy can help as well as keeping the body clean and alkaline, supergreens will do this check it out on the internet. also check out Mr oxygent, and oxygen therapy.

Will send healing as well as my prays to your mum and the family, with love and health vassoulla

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sending positive energy to your mother.

Any updates?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hello. Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers and concerns!!!! I have a big Update which will (hopefully) be the final major update. DONT WORRY IT'S GOOD!

First of all, she went through the operation in August. Spots removed from her liver and the tumor removed from the tail of the pancreas, as well as the spleen completely removed. Recovery seems like it was forever, she is still, but finally within the past couple weeks beginning to become more normal and doing things all around the house. Most of her strength has come back.

She saw her Oncologist recently, who had conflicting opinons on the original Surgeon's theory of it being a slow growing cancer, and she wanted to get a second opinion. We found out that the Surgeon was unable to remove all of the spots on the liver as well as something on the pancreas because they were in locations that were inoperable. So that was a bit of bad news.

However, just the other week she had the 3 day radioactive isotope scan of her body that will glow in any part of her body where cancer remains. The tests results finally came back and NOTHING SHOWED.... It is being thought to have just shrunk and or healing. It's thought because of the tumor being removed from the pancreas which was controlling the show, has caused everything else to go away...

Anyway, let's hope. Still, no chemo only a shot once a month of Sandostatin.

Again, thank you all very much for the input, I too saw the "cancer is dead" thread and emailed her everything off that page.
edit on 15-10-2010 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
That's fantastic, I'm so happy for you

Take care x

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Cancer is pretty easy to cure. I had it nearly 14 years ago and without any formal training cured myself in seven days using extremely high doses of natural sutritional supplements. It's really just a matter of putting an overpowering amount of positive nutrients that are all natural in the cells and the cancer can't exist. Noone really cared that I did this so I just figured I tell you it's not rocket science. I sometimes wish i hadn't cured myself of cancer since I did I have been unable to get sick. None of the doctors who diagnosed me cared to find out my methods and that has just been really dissappointing. So now I live in poverty with my $125 dollar cure for cancer and I face living in a world that really could give a rats-butt that I'm here. While others make more money and live great lives steering people to chemo or radiation i now sit at this computer bored out of my mind telling people like you things like this. This is a very primative world we live in and it probley won't get any better while i'm alive. So if it's worth anything to you...but then it's probley not. Life sucks...really it does.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Update time!!!

So it's been 8 long months and 3-4 major screenings since the initial operation and I'm happy to say she is still coming back with no signs of cancer!!!!

She looks healthy and happy and strong. I would just like to thank EVERYONE for your help and kind words because it definitely helped.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thank you for the update
Im glad everything is going well right now, I will continue to send my positive thoughts her way that she remains in good health!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Update time!!!

So it's been 8 long months and 3-4 major screenings since the initial operation and I'm happy to say she is still coming back with no signs of cancer!!!!

She looks healthy and happy and strong. I would just like to thank EVERYONE for your help and kind words because it definitely helped.

Thank you.

I'm so glad it turned out ok. Btw, you have the funniest, most amuzing and creative avatar I've ever seen! It's awesome.
Your love surely helped your mother.
God Bless you and her and your whole family, and the snail.

new topics

top topics

join