It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Barak planning 'military operation' against Lebanon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Report: Barak planning 'military operation' against Lebanon

www.jpost.com

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said that Israel intends to retaliate against Lebanon after last week's incident on the border, London-based newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat reported on Wednesday.

Barak reportedly informed French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchenr that Israel "intends to undertake a large-scale military operation...to avenge the killing of a senior Israeli officer."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Goddammit so much.

Israel really does plan to invade Lebanon and or kill a bunch of Lebanese people.

Barak is a piece of trash war criminal and nuclear proliferator. Why isn't he in jail yet? He tried to sell nuclear weapons to Apartheid South Africa back in the day.

Now he's willing to attack Lebanon and probably kill THOUSANDS OF CIVILIANS to avenge on Israeli officer. This is just ridiculous.

But of course it's not for him and his crazy ilk when they think that one Israeli life is worth more than 10.000 Muslim lives.

And they probably will do that before Ramadan is over...

If they really do plan to do this, it will be hellish and it could end up with Syria and Iran entering the fight.... not to mention the US.

What a surprise, Israel dragging the US into another war...

Obama and Europe must do everything they can to stop this crazy nutjob from doing what he seems to intend to do.

You know what a new war will do to the world economy, US army, NATO occupation casualties, Talibans recruits, US DEFICIT?

What happens if Pakistan, Egypt or Saudi Arabia get overthrown because of this?

This is the worst idea of the year if not the worst idea since invading Iraq.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
if only america stops supporting them...

oh wait but then they end up nuking the whole world, and yes they will do it.

whats that i hear about all nations turning against israel?

i have a feeling israel will strike irans nuclear facility, manage to expand into syria and lebanon. they will be successful but not forever. they will commit the worst crimes and thats when the world will turn against them.

they wont last forever... nothing does...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
yes
It's bad enough Obama let Israel kill US peace activists on the high seas and then lie to high heaven about it ...but he also cut off the miniscule funding to Lebanon..
Iran and some of the other locals said they would make it up dollar for dollar.
( funny the Taliban are not supposed to kill aid workers in Afghanistan, even if it was never proved to be them)
How dare the Lebanese defend themselves...who do they think they are?
But ...
Hizbollah must be smiling with shark's teeth at the though of saying hello to Israel again.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thats why we really havent heard much about this "exercise" taking place yesterday and today. Its not really an exercise, its a buildup, Israel has moved artillery into the Golan and the north.

Now if the pieces remain then we know something is up....if they are moved back then maybe it was a drill but given the lack of pubilicity, it doesnt sound much like war games...those are usually in the open and talked about a little more.

I also read today that Israel was about to attack Lebanon but Sarkozy and Clinton talked them out of it so who knows?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
USS Truman repositioned.....

www.debka.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I would say the world is already against Israel.

People are sick of Israel's crap and war crimes.

Thing is Israel time has passed. It was a necessity back in the 40s-50s and it would have been too back in the day for all the centuries jews were hated because they were jews... which is totally retarded. But now it is not, Israel causes more hatred towards jews than anything else.

But now jews in general are alright in the western world and asia. The ADL is making most of the stuff up about anti-semitic crimes... after all they wouldn't live without ``crimes against jews``... when in fact the ADL are a bunch of corrupt scumbags... brainwashing Israeli jews into thinking the world hate jews and the only safe place on earth for jews is Israel.

I suggest everyone watch the documentary Hashmatsa (Defamation) made by an Israeli that exposes how the ADL are corrupt bastards and how young Israelis are brainwashed...

But if you already saw the ADL ``hit list``, which included many US constitutionalists, you already knew the ADL were a bunch of scumbags.

Kinda of like those who support the US government no matter it's crimes... you're with us or against us type of BS mentality.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
They better remember what happened last time. The world got VERY angry with them. Israel should take a vow of silence for a year and Hezbollah should go back to the cease fire. The world would be far more peaceful.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hezbollah have always been respected the cease fire. You know what would have happened if they would have not.

Not to mention Hezbollah have respected Israeli territory when Israel have been doing violation about every other day.

The thing is that Israel is doing massive war games on the Lebanon-Syria-Israel border right now... now this could be a signal to anyone saying don't start anything... or a larger plan to invade Lebanon to take out Hezbollah and annex to the Litani River while destroying every infrastructure in Lebanon and maybe even marching to Beirut... or to Turkey's border... what would be interesting to see is Turkey's reaction to that. Of course I don't want to see it happen in the first place.

UNIFIL might have been a concern to the Israeli army in the past... but when you saw what UNIFIL did, they ran away and hide under a rock, when the shooting began between a few Lebanese soldiers and the IDF... now Israel probably think they could just march on Lebanon and UNIFIL would just go away.

UNIFIL should mine the border, that's what they should do so that no one from either side can invade the other.

Anyway I think we'll see what happens... I give this till sunday... Hopefully IDF troops in the north go back without incident.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There was a 'Red Flag' event, it happened when the Israeli's went into Lebanon then blamed Lebanon for shooting them.

Now they plan on 'retaliating' against Lebanon for that KNOWING that Iran pledged full support for Lebanon and Syria in the event of an attack by Israel.

If Israel attacks Lebanon then Syria will defend them alongside Iran. This is their way of giving a great international excuse to destroy Iranian nuclear facilities. This way they can have Obama by the chain and keep the UN from punishing them because Iran would be forced to attack Israel hence giving Israel their needed excuse.

By Barak saying they are going to attack Lebanon they might as well say they are going to attack Iran.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Indeed. Israel said many times they would attack ``Hezbollah sponsors`` in any case of war. That means Syria and Iran.

Not to mention the Busherh nuclear power plant is due to be online in 2 weeks or so.

Coincidence ? I think not.

Now they missed the new moon, so better do a full scale land invasion then.

This smells more and more like a draft.

A little reminder... from a year and a half.
Nasrallah throws down the gauntlet

That would be the first time that Israel had to fight an all-out war, in which its long-held military superiority would be of little value because the conflict would be fought at long range, not with tanks and infantry.

Its air force and Jericho ballistic missiles would go into action and would undoubtedly do much damage. But Israeli civilian casualties would likely be extremely heavy.

Israel would have its nuclear option. But dropping nuclear bombs or unleashing nuclear-tipped Jerichos would leave Israel open to a maelstrom of global condemnation and international isolation.

Israel will HAVE to use ballistic missiles against Iran. They cannot wage conventional war against Iran... it's too far and too spread. The only way they can effectively wage war against Iran is to either nuke them or have US assistance.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I love how public relations language has found it's way into international wars. We don't call it a combat mission, a war, an attack...no it's just a military "operation". You have to really think about (which unless your on ATS you probably don't) to realize what will happen and how serious it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Good find vitchilo. Of course, It it is war that Israel really wants, all they have to do is cause or create some new event occurring during their war games and presto, they'll have a war.

It is worth noting that apparently Clinton had talked them down and out of the plan to send Lebanon back to the stone age. Still, they are continuing with their war games.

Another note to think about is this news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Bravo comrade, bravo! Well said. Defamation puts a good many of the pieces into place concerning Jews.

One of the most telling parts of the documentary was when a group of Jews were visiting a holocaust memorial and asked how they view their love for Israel. One says it's like the love one feels for a spouse. Another says that it's deeper than that and is more likened to the love one feels for a child.

Then one Jewish man from California makes the comment that his support for Israel is like an insurance policy. BINGO!!! Ding Ding Ding...

The ADL's constant terrorizing of American Jewry does serve a purpose. Jews are constantly pummeled with the notion that the whole world is out to get them. Supporting Israel ensures that no matter what happens or where Jews always have a place to escape. Abe Foxman is one of the most underhanded sleaze bags that ever donned a pair of shoes. To market in fear is reprehensible.

What a way to keep the troops in line and coerce support for an amoral rogue regime that even most western Jews look upon with a great deal of apprehension.

Barak is a Nazi gasbag and I'll bet this whack job even scares the hell out Bibi. They're all batsh*t crazy and they're not going to rest until the entire Middle East is a burned out cinder.

My fear is that innocent Jews the world over are going to suffer a backlash for their blind support of these nut jobs and endless war in the Middle East.

I've already made my prognostication on another thread on how I think things are going to play out militarily so I won't beleaguer with a rehash here. All I'll say is that they're ahead of schedule but other than that following a pretty obvious strategy.

What a pitiful waste of human beings.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh, I know they have respected the cease fire. Those who pay attention know. Hope that didn't sound like I was implying otherwise...quite the opposite.

Israel's support is on a rapid decline and they're having the inadvertant effect of unifying the Arab nations. FINALLY.

Oh, and CmfrZero...the ADL terrorizes everyone. And AIPAC wines and dines them. Quite the scam.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Much more detailed report on this, Barak wanting to assault Lebanon www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I liked one thing about Reagan...he knew any kind if military actions against Muslims was illogical and pointless.

Then the Bush's of course thought they could do it. Wrong.
Obama thinks he can win hearts and minds in Afghanistan. Wrong.
And so on.

But back on topic.

More nonsense about Israel and Lebanon? Nothing will come out of this. In fact, this will probably be off the main page by tomorrow afternoon.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh what the hell... We are, as always, one bad bottle of tequilia away from all out war in the middle East. Screw it, let em duke this out once and for all. Its like babysitting and not getting paid for it.

At some point they need to have their asses swatted and told to sit down and shut up, or we will give them something to cry about.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Look's like a no-go for now.....

www.dailystar.com.lb...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

From your link...

The force commander added that during a recent extraordinary meeting in the wake of the deadly clash between Lebanese and Israeli troops in Adaysseh village, close to the Blue Line, both parties had reiterated their commitment to UN Security Council Resolution 1701 – which stipulates that Israel not violate Lebanese sovereignty.

Yeah they will not violate Lebanese sovereignty...except they do almost everyday by violating their airspace. Or crossing over the border to kidnap Lebanese citizens...

Just today :
The Lebanese army has announced that one Israeli reconnaissance plane violated the country's airspace, breaking the Resolution 1701.

The Israeli aircraft entered the airspace over the southern border village of Kfar kila on Wednesday.

UNIFIL should do it's job and shoot it down.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join