It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamid Karzai's conversion starts riots throughout Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Alright, this is a big one. Over the past day and a half I have received some concerning emails from my cousin. I'm not going to say who he works for, but he is in Kabul on contract work. I'm taking this story with a grain of salt because as of yet I haven't seen it , but there are riots breaking out across Afghanistan because word about Hamid Karzai converting to Christianity broke out through the ranks of soldiers working with the Afghan military. The area where my cousin is located is dealing with some serious rioting. He's not allowed to carry a gun because he's just a contract worker. he is terrified at the amount of unrest going on and he's used to hearing mortars hit all around. He said there were searches being conducted throughout the bunks to confiscate any cameras or recording devises. He might be in deep # just for telling me this over email. This isn't looking good at all right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think this is a case of chinese-wispers (excuse the institutionalism racist term) mixed with propaganda that has got out of hand.

From what I understand he "supported" some dude converting to christianity - because there is alot of violence around it, and hes trying to soften the publics agression toward converting...

I could be wrong, this sounds interesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

Ya, and is this contract worth the life of your, "cousin?"

Is he not free to leave where he is, or is the money, that good?

Quit with the b.s, and the fear mongering, because if it was that bad, your cousin would be home.

End of story...........you are fear mongering!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip.

Please keep us updated with further information you may receive.

Also, if anyone can find some sources that go into further detail about this 'incident', please post them here so we can review them and find out what the hells going on over there.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Quit with the b.s, and the fear mongering, because if it was that bad, your cousin would be home.

No seriously people WILL stay in a war zone for like 100,000-200,000 $ a year.

Contractors get paid good, because of the danger.

It's not fear mongering.

Fear mongering is lying or exaggerating for the purpose of stirring things up.

I think the OP is just sharing info he heard through the grape vine.

The intention is what makes all the difference, and I don't see negative intentions from the OP. That is my subjective opinion though.

You are entitled to yours, but I disagree greatly with your characterization of the OP's friendly demeanor.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hamid Karzai is a Pahstun.

which means that he will never convert.

not publicly at least.

he has his reputation.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If he shows himself to be Christian; then we’re just adding insult to the injured pride of an occupied, highly Islamic, Afghan people.
Whenever Obama (finally) decides we’ve all completely lost the Iraq-Afghan wars, and so sends troops home in time for the elections, I doubt it’ll be very long until all the 2001-06 “keeping terrorism at home” propaganda, will become a very real reason for staying (but at the very moment we’re pulling out). But I think that was an intentions, all along.

Karzi is the worst dictator-“democrat” we could have chosen for the job. He claims to promote-represent Western values like democracy and capitalism, but is about as clean as slurry; with corruption in his family, his supporters, and probably even by himself.

PS don’t mention on you get info from family members on the internet. Leakers are FEARED by those in power far more than they fear e.g. even terrorism. After all, leaking has more often.
Almost every computer using e.g. Google is traceable, your location will be registered with a local authority, and will probably lead to a family name & government information file (especially if you’ve got folk in the forces).

If only we’d left Saddam in power Iraq would have a higher standard of living than much of the U.K (again) (just like pre-1991). We-the international community, could have kept his military weak (whilst sharing in peace & prosperity on the other fronts). Saddam would continue his “human rights” abuses against extremists, main thing being he had more experience at it, than us.
If Iraq had been left alone, we would never have taken our eye of the Taliban, and so would be better placed to exploit the vast metal-mineral resources of Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Blanca that is a stupid characterization. There are thousands of contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan. If I were single, I would be there. Two things. 1. The money is THAT GOOD! 2. Once you are there, it is not that easy to come home.

Especially if things turn quickly as they typically do. One minute you are driving a truck over rural roads and hearing an occasional explosion or low flyover. The next minute you are hunkered down in a #ty inn while all hell breaks loose around you!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Man, that doesn't make any sense at all. But stranger things have happened. It's not real in line with all the other things that have been going on there tribally and organizationally, you know? Keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

He also said over the last day and half so this is pretty new...probably not the easiet thing to get out of there whenever you want...espically if the shtf and things are chaotic for the moment...and i know a guy who went over there 6-7 yrs ago and they get paid great...it was in the 200k range for basic cpu networking skills...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
More likely the rioting is being cause by Karzai old new friends the Taliban and the criminals in his government. The people in Afghanistan are NOT happen about his unholy alliances...whatever religion they're in.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This would be in MSM by now if this was true, I'm calling bunk on this - but I still propose that my OP is correct, its a rumour got out of hand with the aid of propaganda.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
hahahah

this is weaksauce. this would never happen. infact most christians are unconverting from christianity so this makes no sense at all. trade one magic sky god for another. afghanistans a a mess but i say this is a bunch of bull honkey. anyways karzais god is CIA money anyways so untill that stops he isnt changing religions for anyone.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Apperantly this started on the infamous 4chan /b/ forum.

Heres a snippet

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Snap .
I dawdled.............
Acido ..... posted the piece.

edit/

Duplicate info removed.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
someone brought this to my attention also.. Like Karzai would convert.. sheep will believe anything.. It can never be true when something starts off with "my cousin told me" lol

sorry op, BTW if your cousin really did tell you, he deserves a slap upside the back of the head next time you see him

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
someone brought this to my attention also.. Like Karzai would convert.. sheep will believe anything.. It can never be true when something starts off with "my cousin told me" lol

sorry op, BTW if your cousin really did tell you, he deserves a slap upside the back of the head next time you see him

Here's the thing, just because it is a 4chan hoax, does not mean that the OP cousin is not feeling the effects of it in Afghan! If this took off and spread virally, and if even a portion of the Afghani people believed it, then the riots could be real, even though the rumor is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You know what Karzai's real religion is in reality?

Money.

He isn't Muslim or Christian or anything else.

He worships money and the power it brings.

I really don't have much more to say than that.

Other than 4chan /b/ is really starting to concern me with their lies and super negative intentions to force the governments to start clamping down and banning freedom of speech. Regulating the Internet etc.

Because those 4chan twits are DEFINITELY abusing their freedom of speech by trying to incite violence and death through LIES. What a bunch of losers seriously.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acido
Apperantly this started on the infamous 4chan /b/ forum.

Heres a snippet

Problem?

new topics

top topics

join