It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force response to WikiLeaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a03d18c6f073.jpg[/atsimg]

I figured I would share this with ATS as this came as a rude awakening to me. I used to go to WikiLeaks quite often and now its' blocked.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Blood Eagle]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but what do you mean it's blocked? All branches of military have advised all members of this. The DoD has forbidden it as well and DEMANDED a return of all papers and removal/deletion of all remaining on wikileaks.

Also, how did you receive this message? Are you in the Air Force?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The website itself is no longer accessable by military members from a DoD terminal. It is even stated that we should 'never' access it even on personal computers. If anyone was ever hoping for whistle blowers within the military, this WikiLeaks incident will silence people with fear.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah, and I think that's exactly the reason this has become such a mainstream situation. Long before any of this happened, the gov has expressed it's discontent towards Wikileaks.

This was the recent DoD briefing on the situation, I love the uncertainty of so many answers, such as how many people are named or endangered, how they plan to 'force' wikileaks to abide, etc...:
www.c-spanvideo.org...

Also, are you aware if it is legally permissible for the military/government to monitor the online traffic of personnel's home/private computers without warrant?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by JohnSmit]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blood Eagle

Blood Eagle,
Check out www.torproject.org... for anonymous web browsing. At least you can run this on your home PC. Even Govt agencies use this to hide where they are from and where they are going to. Wikileaks also recommend it

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
reply to post by Blood Eagle

Blood Eagle,
Check out www.torproject.org... for anonymous web browsing. At least you can run this on your home PC. Even Govt agencies use this to hide where they are from and where they are going to. Wikileaks also recommend it

Awesome, thanks alot. Also i don't think that the DoD can tell personnel what websites they can/can't visit on their home PC's. All they can do is suggest it, but if they trace a security leak from your IP address then your screwed.

top topics

join