It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How low can one go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is a story that will piss everyone off. An Ontario woman faking cancer to make a profit?

The Burlington woman accused of faking cancer for profit was charged Wednesday with a new count of fraud.

Ashley Kirilow, who was wearing a prison-issue green track suit and appeared calm during the brief hearing, has admitted to faking cancer and creating the bogus charity Change for a Cure. She was charged with three counts of fraud under $5,000 after turning herself to Halton police Friday. The new charge is fraud over $5,000.

Justice of the peace Prior N. Bonas put over Kirilow's bail hearing on Monday in an attempt to find someone to act as a surety for her. There was no one willing to post bail for her again at Wednesday's hearing.

www.torontosun.com...

This HAS pissed everyone off. No one willing to post her bail. Good. Let her sit in jail. She won't be too loved in there either. Some issues, like cancer, need people to donate to advance research. Other important charities will be hurt too. Will someone think, "Well, I'd donate to this but it may be a scam". This hurts more than someone defrauding a company of X amount of dollars. This hurts where the money is NEEDED. She a target for the proverbial book and should be thrown at her as hard as possible.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Man. Your title said it all. And I agree--let her rot in the cell. That's just complete moral bankruptcy.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah this doesnt surprise me with over half of america so obese they cant even work...even manual labor...seriously they cant...they huff and puff just to go to McDonalds...most the time they get their family members to get their food for them. Lazyness and greed.

How to make a quick buck to have the easy life.

Trust me...If it were legal...I would slap this woman right across the face and leave her with a perminent bruise for doing this...just like I want to do to our political leaders across the world...just a good ol' "Wham!!!" right across the face...open hand and say "WTF are you thinking retard!!!"

Sorry...really not that violent but I call it like I see it...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
'trep,
Some folks depravity apparently knows no bounds.

I mean it's one thing to poison a blind man's dog and steal his cane, gift-wrapping a leper and mailing him to Aunt Jane Or even force-feeding a diabetic a candy cane, BUT...

This is just ... WoW :shk:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wonder how she will feel when she really has it?

The boy who cried wolf, thought it was funny too.

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Yup. Imagine what this will mean to organizations like the John Howard Society.

Our sixty-five offices across Canada deliver best-practice services to pro-socially integrate persons at the end of their sentence and prevent people from coming into conflict with the law in the first place.

How will this effect them?

Our funding is a combination of annual sustaining grant from the Department of Public Safety, donations from private citizens, and projects with the Government of Canada.

Like all non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in the voluntary sector, we operate on very tight budgets.

www.johnhoward.ca...

Is someone going to think twice about contributing to this charity when they know this woman is going to benefit from it? That hurts hundreds that actually do benefit from it. This goes deeper than just defrauding money. It's stealing the public trust that others drastically need and benefit to the public as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This goes deeper than just defrauding money. It's stealing the public trust that others drastically need and benefit to the public as well.

Exactly.

I'm typically not one to promote that a given individual need be made an example of, karma can be a bitch that way, but in this case ... Yeah. She deserves whatever the law allows for and Then some.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The irony here, is that I doubt there will even be a peep out of the average folks if/when the research is validated showing cancer to be a virus, and that big pharma knew it...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Some issues, like cancer, need people to donate to advance research. Other important charities will be hurt too. Will someone think, "Well, I'd donate to this but it may be a scam". This hurts more than someone defrauding a company of X amount of dollars. This hurts where the money is NEEDED.

The lady in question, yes, her scam is brutal and deserves it's reward. But let's talk about This you wrote. Do you actually believe more cancer research is required, or that the mainstream cures already provided are anything short of barbaric?

Doctors won't use their own treatments! Why? Because they're not that stupid.

New study pushes CT scans on millions
douglassreport.com...

Don’t thank Cancer Inc. for decline
douglassreport.com...

Cancer organization endorses the sun
douglassreport.com...

American Cancer Society and its corruption
The cure for cancer is simple and in this letter.

blogs.myspace.com...

etc, etc, etc ...

Don't feel a bit sorry for the charities, they're the biggest scam of all.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
did she do anything different than say the american cancer society, or "run for the cure" or any of these other shams that take you money with a promise to eventually cure cancer? There has been cures for cance since the library at alexandria. If any of these tools tell you give them money to cure anything, it is a sham. Do the research yourself and you will see that cancer is one of the biggest industries in the world.

See www.youtube.com...

thanks north, your post was not up when i replied. Good sources. I gave you a star as well.
To the op, have you ever posted against big pharma for this, or any of the officers, or officials that lock up people for being drug dealers when the drug is something nearly as harmful as table salt?
I was going to post more links, however do your own research. this is a good post and the sentiment is in the right place, just the wrong direction. Yea it pissed me off too, but not as much as these guys. If they would do what they took donations for, she would have never gotten away with so much charity.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by eazyriderl_l]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

A publication ban was imposed on the evidence.

Really! I wonder why that is? If this woman was such an incredible scam-artist, playing on the sympathies of her victims... Why would they withhold the evidence under which she was convicted?? This seems very curious to me.....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
That's pretty low. It's surprising how many people fake being ill for attention or for profit or both. Sad really. But karma has a way about it....

What even sadder is how some lowlifes like this can give the good charities a bad name. The chain of hurt goes on.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There's a kind of mental disease and I think it's called "Munchausen's" disease, where people get unnecessary surgery and doctor visits just for the personal attention. Of course, there's outright fraudsters. This sure sounds like one.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reconer
Yeah this doesnt surprise me with over half of america so obese they cant even work...even manual labor...seriously they cant...they huff and puff just to go to McDonalds...most the time they get their family members to get their food for them. Lazyness and greed.

How to make a quick buck to have the easy life.

Trust me...If it were legal...I would slap this woman right across the face and leave her with a perminent bruise for doing this...just like I want to do to our political leaders across the world...just a good ol' "Wham!!!" right across the face...open hand and say "WTF are you thinking retard!!!"

Sorry...really not that violent but I call it like I see it...

I am not sure what you are going off about. I thought this was clearly
an article about a woman in Toronto scamming her country. You go
on and on about fat people in American huffing and puffing their way
to McDonalds???

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Don't ask me why but I feel sorry for this young girl. Her family background was very troubled and I believe she was acting out in a very bizarre way.

This started out as a lie to a couple of friends which kind of snowballed. She needs psychological help. Probably even more so now that the entire world hates her.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO
Don't ask me why but I feel sorry for this young girl.

This started out as a lie to a couple of friends which kind of snowballed. She needs psychological help. Probably even more so now that the entire world hates her.

A valid point.

Assertions were made and before long she most likely found herself Needing to substantiate the same.

It certainly doesn't negate nor diminish the egregious play on people's humanity or belief and support in and for the same ... But ... it would seem a fair approximation with regards how she ultimately found herself having to save face and/or deal with the same.

Epic Fail comes to mind.

Trying to understand or consider the why's and what for's that eventually brought it all about is one thing ... that she chose to "play along" throughout, perpetuating the same ...

Unacceptable and punishable, no matter.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

I was surprised to see such an eager support for cancer charities in the OP, and it stood out like my sore thumb. It's okay, only a wax burn and I have it bandaged, with polysporin. You have a star from me too, earlier ... it was good to see the point well addressed by another, or basically at the same time as it were.

reply to post by Gamma MO

Fair points there ... I was too hasty to say what I did about the girl above. I shouldn't judge from a general overview about a matter, at least I try not to. Besides right or wrong, she does score a point against the system. Go her!

If all mainstream corrupt charities could be fully exposed for what they are, they would lose a Huge source of revenue, and the beast would lurch. It's aggravated me for years to hear about people leaving their estates to those sadistic corporate monsters.

top topics

join