It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens are evolved humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I believe human evolution is proven by the races and aliens are the top of the list. does anyone else belive that races are a signs of evolution

[edit on 18-6-2004 by dexbiafra]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, are we considered primates? Then, can we consider aliens as that too?

Saying that aliens are evolved humans straight out is just kinda naive. That would mean that we as humans act as the base of all other intellectual lifeforms.

Can you take an ape and a human and say that they are the same? Are we all the same, or do we just share certain characteristics but come from different origins? We do have some facts that support the theory that humans evolved from our other monkey friends, but how can we know aliens are an evolved form of us? In any given sun+planet system like ours, it can have an exact same ecosystem just like ours, with mammals and etc.

I like to rule out "classification of different organisms" because deep in the roots, we all started out the same - with a cingle cell, that duplicated, and duplicated, and adapted to its surroundings, then duplicated some more, etc.

Other extraterrestrial life forms probably started out the same way, but on a different planetary system. Since their evolution is not affected by our evolution, it basically means that we are not a factor in their natural development - they are something else completely different.

Down to my point: No.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Socalbmx]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
"ev�o�lu�tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-lshn, v-)
n.
A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form. See Synonyms at development.
"

As far as different races go, humans evolve to adapt to their surroundings. So do aliens, but their roots do not come from ours. Everything evolves. Just like the theory that dinosaurs turned into birds.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Not so fast...

This is a point we've argued often here....

If you introduce the idea of time travel, then it doesn't fly in the face of evolution...

Remember, chimps and humans share like 99% of the same DNA sequences... What a difference that 1% makes, huh??? Think about it...

While it isn't my personal belief, there is some (though highly speculative) justification for the concept....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I remember watching a TV show about this once, i think it was sightings, it does sound interesting, but somehow i highly doubt it. If these aliens do exist, they are probably intelligent life from another planet

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If we are gonna speculate and throw around some ideas here, I'd say combine the Time Travel with Genetic Manipulation. Evolution seems unlikely as far as becoming Grey's anyway, as long as we are still living on earth in conditions similar to now. It would take a major change to cause those types of Evolutionary changes and/or needs.

But perhaps they are just Genetically altered forms of us from the future or perhaps even the past or present that we are seeing.

If evolutionary, I'm not sure if I'd classify them as Evolutionary or DeEvolutionary either. In fact I think that the whole 'Linear' method of Evolutionary thinking is wrong anyway. It's human arrogance that likes to classify things in such a way. I think Evolutionary changes would actually make much more sense if thought about as just 'Changes' and in multiple directions and not just forward or back. Just like our view of Humans being superior in the evolutionary 'Line', but that is only because we view it from certain perspectives which we usually place in there ourselves.

Yes, we are very complex creatures, but to say we're the most evolved?? Toss a human out into the ocean and notice how fast they become nothing more than Food. The same happens by taking a Dolphin too. Very advanced in certain environments, but drag it up on land and it's more helpless than a simple rodent. When taking the entire scale of Life into perspective, there is not Higher or Lower really, just many many different forms of life, all being what it is supposed to be at that time.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
very well sayed mJOm, i fully agree with that about the "evolution".

[edit on 19-6-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dexbiafra
I believe human evolution is proven by the races and aliens are the top of the list. does anyone else belive that races are a signs of evolution

On what basis do you say this? There is no evidence of evolution to be found and certainly some of the other posts clearly demonstrate that we are not at the top of the food chain. Further, there is no evidence of the existence of aliens. Other than simply your opinion or belief, do you have anything of substance to support it or at least a well thought out theory one could follow?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense

Originally posted by dexbiafra

On what basis do you say this? There is no evidence of evolution to be found and certainly some of the other posts clearly demonstrate that we are not at the top of the food chain. Further, there is no evidence of the existence of aliens. Other than simply your opinion or belief, do you have anything of substance to support it or at least a well thought out theory one could follow?

I too, say that we are the top of the food-chain here on Earth.
We eat almost anything (Unless slimes comes out of it) and we are capable of killing everything.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
I too, say that we are the top of the food-chain here on Earth.
We eat almost anything (Unless slimes comes out of it) and we are capable of killing everything.

Once again, I think it's important to examine such a claim much more closely.

Facts that allegedly put us on top.
1.) We can eat almost anything. Meat, Grains, Vegetables, etc. We are Omnivores in other words. That being capable of both Carnivore and Herbivore at the same time.

Facts that show why 'Top' is all about perspective.
1.) Omnivorous creatures do have the advantage of being able to properly Hunt, Consume and Digest a variety of substances for survival. However this also makes our diet more complex and when neglected results in lower immune system, physical deficiencies, sickness or even death. There's not too many other creatures out there having trouble with things like Scurvy for example. Also, omnivorous design is not unique to us either. Dogs are in fact classified as omnivorous too and can survive as long as they receive a balance of what they need. Much like us however, they Thrive, let alone just survive when Meat is included. Cats on the other hand are classified Carnivore and need meat.

At the same time, dogs also very good hunters as well, and their ability to consume both food and water that is usually too 'dirty' for humans on account of their Higher Acidic Saliva and body chemistry, again puts them at an advantage over us. Dogs also have better hearing and smell than us. Really, our advantage comes more from our Brain than anything else and even more specific it is our ability to use complex logic, mathematics, abstract thought, complex language, and so on. While it may be an Evolutionary Plus that we have the brains capable of such things, our Intelligence or methods of applying that knowledge are not evolutionary, they are learned by us, the evolved brain just allows for more complex ideas. So, while we can thank nature for our dynamic brain design, we did not evolve math, language, etc., only new ways of storing info about them and ways of using them.

As far as being able to Kill anything and everything, that is far from making us the Top either. If that was a big factor on the scorecard, things like bacteria, viruses and the like have us all beat. Then there is the fact that after them even would come all the insects and things that are the decomposer's. I can assure you that long after we are gone as well as many other creatures, it will still be smooth sailing for Flies, Roaches, Ants, etc. Another reason our ability to kill isn't so special is that when placed into a fair one on one match, there are many many creatures that can take us out no problem. We are actually very fragile creatures in comparison to most other animals, but the trade for Higher Brain Function obviously has it's advantages when used correctly. The last thing that makes killing a low value on the score card is the fact that killing stuff or killing other forms of life is one of the most basic functions that all creatures have and do, as it usually is how they survive.

In fact, when you compare the fact that our mastering the ability to kill along with are heightened intelligence has shown time and time again to be too much for us to even control, I'd say that actually bumps us down that scale before it puts us higher up. We are so stupid we can't stop our destructive ways most of the time resulting in us creating holes (Extinction) within natures natural cycles. Sometimes we don't even do it for survival but simply cause we are just a bunch of psychopathic maniacs on the loose. For a good example of this, look up what happened to the California Grizzly Bear, which is also Ironic that it is the State Animal and Extinct at the same time.

It is just like mans vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions. Heaven is by favor; if it were by merit your dog would go in and you would stay out. Of all the creatures ever made he (man) is the most detestable. Of the entire brood, he is the only one...that possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot." - Mark Twain

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Uuhhh, What's the point of this thread? Shouldn't this be in BTS?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlterEgo
Uuhhh, What's the point of this thread? Shouldn't this be in BTS?

I don't see why. So far I think it's going ok. It's sorta 'Evolved' into 2 conspiracy topics in one actually.

1.) Are aliens really just Evolved or Manipulated Humans?
and
2.) Is Evolution really a Linear thing with Forward & Back or Top & Bottom or is it Cyclic and Dynamic? Also, where is the placement of Humans?

I think that is fine for ATS. As long as it doesn't turn into some weak spattering of unsupported opinions or something. Which is quite possible since there seems to be a lack of 'Outside the Box' or 'Creative' Thought happening around here lately in many threads, causing lots of topics to die real fast.

That's just my take on it though...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
From all the alien encounter reports I've read, there are far more than just one type of creature coming to visit us besides greys or human looking creatures. While I find time travel a less likely option for the existence of UFOs/ETs, I won't throw it out, but I certainly do not expect ALL aliens to be of human descent.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
"On what basis do you say this? There is no evidence of evolution to be found and certainly some of the other posts clearly demonstrate that we are not at the top of the food chain."

A: Really? I suppose millions of fossil remains, vestigal body parts no longer used by a creature in it's present form, etc. do not support evolution? It isn't just a hypothesis, it's a scientific theory, i.e. it HAS to be supported by evidence, to even be called a "theory"....Not the top of the food chain? What creature eats humans as a regular part of it's diet? I must have slept through that lesson in science class...

"Further, there is no evidence of the existence of aliens. Other than simply your opinion or belief, do you have anything of substance to support it or at least a well thought out theory one could follow?"

A: Sure, how about thousands of eye-witness testimonials, numerous radar contacts, reams of government documents, photos, videos (some of which are even from NASA and gun cameras), and the fact that there was sufficient evidence to launch many official government investigations of the phenomenon? I suppose this is your idea of "no evidence"? Heck, I bet you think OJ is innocent, hehe.....

[edit on 19-6-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join