It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11.11 is it pure coincidence..?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I also look at the time at 11:11 and very often at 9:11, morning and night. This started happening about 2 years ago, and I began to wonder if it indeed had any real significance, or whether it was pure coincidence.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
but what then about 22? 11.11 = 22 but what is the difference if i am seeing 22 all the time?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just posted this to another thread,www.abovetopsecret.com... I'll copy and paste it to here also. Why not?! (Didn't want to show favoritism,as there are two of these threads on the Recent Replies page!)

This phenomenon happened to me to,increasing in frequency from around 2001. It got to seem ridiculous,and symbolic of something I had no way to guess. Didn't have internet for a long time or I may have looked into it sooner,though that's not where my answer came from.

However,back in 2008,while reading the Bible,I can only describe having what amounted to "a religious experience",it was felt physically as well as spiritually,without going into too much detail,okay,I'll say it...I trembled and cried,and it seemed to happen quite involuntarily,as though apart from me being the one experiencing it. (Hope that makes sense?)

It was only then that my eyes fixed on the number of the passage I was reading,and that confirmed,to me,the explanation to the mystery of the 11:11.

As for the "religious" part,it wasn't long before this that I had begun to "wake-up",and had begun to study the end-times prophecies,and had been praying to God more than I had in all the years since having been "born-again" when I was 16. My relationship with Him had taken on a whole new meaning and a whole new urgency in the year 2007,and I experienced things that qualified as "divine intervention" in ways that seemed downright supernatural almost.(But that's a whole different subject!)

Anyhow,the significance of what I read may not mean anything special to anyone else,but it must have been important enough to me,because the phenomenon stopped,just like that! (I kinda miss it!)

The scripture was 1 Peter 1:10,11

"Concerning this salvation,the prophets,who spoke of the grace that was to come to you,searched intently and with the greatest care,trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing,when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow."

It goes on to say,"It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves,but you,when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things."

I won't try to explain the levels of what that means to me,I'll just say that maybe when people do find their "answer",it will stop.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Happens to me so often that I made it my screen name. My birthday is also 11/11.

There are TONS of theories. I believe that it is a simple sign that there are syncronicities in our life we should pay attention to. Personally, I feel almost drawn to look at the clock at these times. 12:12 also. I usually never look at the clock. I don't even need an alarm clock because I can tell myself to wake up at whatever time I need. Time is an illusion which I don't pay too much attention to. Only what is necessary.

When these happen to me I try and pay attention to what I was just thinking about when it happened. Quite often I feel it gives me a little sign that my thoughts are in the right direction.

I have found that once you open up to the mere possibility that these are syncronicities, then others will happen in your life. This has been true for me without a doubt.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
Happens to me so often that I made it my screen name. My birthday is also 11/11.

There are TONS of theories. I believe that it is a simple sign that there are syncronicities in our life we should pay attention to. Personally, I feel almost drawn to look at the clock at these times. 12:12 also. I usually never look at the clock. I don't even need an alarm clock because I can tell myself to wake up at whatever time I need. Time is an illusion which I don't pay too much attention to. Only what is necessary.

When these happen to me I try and pay attention to what I was just thinking about when it happened. Quite often I feel it gives me a little sign that my thoughts are in the right direction.

I have found that once you open up to the mere possibility that these are syncronicities, then others will happen in your life. This has been true for me without a doubt.

I too have never needed an alarm clock and I can wake myself up at anytime I need to. I don't look at the clock all the time either but it's seems I almost always look at 11:11 and what is strange now is I do it when it it 11:11 where my bf lives. I guess I have some internal thing with this time but it did start freaking me out when I started noticing it in two different time zones.

I see you are a scorpio, I am as well. 11/16
I have read a lot that scorpios are intuitive and I believe this because most I know have similar experiences. I have always found that i have a great gut instinct but trusting that it is right is hard for me sometimes esp when it's one you don't want to have.

What do you think about it? I know other scorpios who have mentioned numbers and things like this.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think astrology may play a small part. Like setting up a baseline. The main belief I have is that LACK of negative conditioning as a child. Meaning I did not have many people telling me what is NOT possible. So I have had an open mind about pretty much everything. Once people decide something is impossible or just coincidence they close a door which otherwise may have held something for them.

To answer the rest.. I have esp events very often. I have even learned a small degree of control. And I have never had a truly negative experience with it. I don't know enough Scorpios to have an idea if it is a trend or not, but believe its possible. I also believe strongly that the extent we may express such gifts is personal and subjective.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
That's weird. I wake up at exactly 3:00 am a lot. I've also had several strange things happen to me at exactly 3:00 am (drugged out guy at my door trying to get in and a sonic boom that shook the bed and set off the car alarms - that was never explained and might make a good post).

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here is the way I see it, and it makes a lot of sense to me:

Consciousness is much broader than we make it out to be. Everything you in your field of vision, or perhaps even beyond is potential consciousness. And the way consciousness works is much the way light works. By the time we see an object in our peripherals, and the light reaches our eyes, we have already discarded that object as unimportant. However if we see 11:11 in the corner of our eye, or even turn around and see it, it's because your consciousness directs you there.

We have control over where we turn our head, where we walk, we have complete control over what we do. However I don't believe we have control on our direction of consciousness. It takes monks years and years of training to be able to focus for vast amounts of time. The fact is, people in modern society are driving by on autopilot. We think we concentrate on things, but we use such a small percent of focus.

Like for example, whenever I'm asleep I almost always wake up right before someone knocks on my door or pulls up to my house to see me. I know it's weird, but I can sense when someone is coming into my room or coming with an intention to see me. It's gotten to the point where if I wake up late, sometimes I'll just lay there for 5 minutes, and sure enough someone always comes in. And it has nothing to do with sound, because I live by a train track. It's just a certain awareness of your surrondings that stems further than your 5 senses.

I don't know if that makes a bit of sense, but that's how I see it. We are aware of everything around us, and we have to train our minds to be able to focus on certain objects. And 11:11 is one of those, we subconsciously see it in the back of our heads, and are drawn to it.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Nostradumbass]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Scorpio, started seeing 11:11 five or so years ago, so much so that I bought a meditation CD about 11:11 (1111spiritguardians.com). I have had some ESP events, including precog dreams and hearing people's thoughts (limited tho, but to the extent that my sister said in front of a medical doctor when we were at an appt, "you know I didn't say that out loud, I HATE when you do that"...lol)

I'm now meditating regularly, using binaural beats, hemi-sync and am starting the Mastering Astral Projection 90 day program.

I'm pretty good at animal psychic stuff, used to practice on a list with about a 90% hit rate of what an animal wanted, needed, what things were around the animal, diagnosing issues, etc. All I needed was a photo and I could hear/see/feel the animal's thoughts....but not really a hearing or seeing as much as knowing. I gave up double guessing myself as my first thoughts were always more right than when I didn't go with them.

My own animals sometimes confuse the heck out of me though, it's almost like there is a barrier up that makes it harder to hear them....don't know why. Maybe they like their privacy, lol

I also had a fairly open childhood, a grandmother who asked me my dreams every morning (so I rarely forget them now) and she had dousing abilities as well as a high energy that blew out appliances and made her run through batteries (like hearing aid batteries) like crazy. She had winning lottery numbers, twice (written down in her lottery log) but both times had things that prevented her from playing that week (sigh...) Her father was a farmer who also doused. They were of Ukranian descent.

Probably the strangest things I have had happen came from a battle with a mold infestation in my home, nearly killed me. After three weeks in the hospital, one of which was spent hallucinating, I came home, but with a shaky hold on things. I had to spend some time in a hotel til we found a new place to live, and I was seeing purple orbs in the room, having extreme sound sensitivity, and finally asked for my spirit guides to "tuck me in" with the blankets, at which time the blankets perfectly hugged my body. I showed my husband this, the next day, after asking for "tucking in" and he said it was static electricity.... lol.... Then I also showed him how the bed vibrated when I meditated, and he said it was "heavy trucks" nearby... Sheesh. He's not even a close-minded person, either....

I've done some energy work and felt extra pair of hands on me and last night again, felt hands as I was trying to meditate and go OOB. Don't know if it's a scorpio thing or being scorpio gives us a little more boost or permission to believe in things other people don't want to.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
ha ha

i had just noticed the time was 11:11 again, as the page loaded fro recent posts--yours was at the top, glaring 11:11 at me again.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Honestly, most people see certian order of numbers over and over again, daily perhaps. You are dealing with a obsessive compulsive disorder and your mind is trying to find order in chaos.

Perfectly normal, and most people deal with something similar from day to day.

link   
[edit on 24-8-2010 by Rockstrongo37]

link   
[edit on 24-8-2010 by Rockstrongo37]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join