It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Declares Emergency as Gulf Storm Builds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
www.businessweek.com...

Lets hope for the best.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
poor La
We wish you and yours the best

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm right in the middle of this.. on the south side of Lake Pontchartrain Louisiana, next to New Orleans.

This is the first I've heard this though I know there is a storm brewing in the gulf. I don't have television.

Even Louisiana.gov doesn't have this info up yet.

I hope they do not need to evacuate, we had enough trouble last time.

My step father's in the hospital from a car accident.. I will not leave if they try to evac us. His son was in a nursing home during Katrina, (serious obesity, over 400 lbs) and they couldn't mobilize all the patients fast enough causing him to be killed.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
BOHICA! Yeah yeah yada yada yada filler content. BOHICA means "bend over, here it comes again!" Poor La is right!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I hope none of you have to evac. But there sometime will be bound ot be a very large storm with concerns. Have you made any secondary plans or arrangements, just in case.

We wish youbest of luck, and that the coming storms either die down or remain tolerable.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thank you Danbones....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I'm right in the middle of this.. on the south side of Lake Pontchartrain Louisiana, next to New Orleans.

This is the first I've heard this though I know there is a storm brewing in the gulf. I don't have television.

Even Louisiana.gov doesn't have this info up yet.

I hope they do not need to evacuate, we had enough trouble last time.

My step father's in the hospital from a car accident.. I will not leave if they try to evac us. His son was in a nursing home during Katrina, (serious obesity, over 400 lbs) and they couldn't mobilize all the patients fast enough causing him to be killed.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey! I live in New Orleans too....and I didn't know about it either until I saw it on here (about the state of emergency)....This is the first time I remember a state of emergency being declared for just a tropical storm! Am I mistaken? It;s not that big of a deal, I have been through many tropical storms....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masinger
BOHICA! Yeah yeah yada yada yada filler content. BOHICA means "bend over, here it comes again!" Poor La is right!

ISIP!! Yeah Yeah yada yada yada filler content. ISIP means "Incredibly Stupid Immature Post"

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Your right.. this is the first time we have declared a state of emergency for 'only' a tropical storm.

In that light it seems strange. I wonder if the state gov knows something we don't know.

I wonder if this will stir up all the oil sitting on the bottom of the gulf that BP and the media are hiding and this stuff will come ashore and cause lots of havoc.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Prays for some cooler weather to slow down the storms ability.
2nd

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Tropical Depression 5 is no more. The enivronment was not conducive for it to organize.

My prayers are answered, and you guys all doged another bullet this time.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

WTNT35 KNHC 112034
TCPAT5
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FIVE ADVISORY NUMBER 5
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL052010
400 PM CDT WED AUG 11 2010

...DEPRESSION DISSIPATES...THIS IS THE LAST ADVISORY...
...POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY RAINFALL ALONG THE GULF COAST REMAINS...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe9ef19c203d.gif[/atsimg]

However, this is August, and the Tropics do really pick up around this time. Be prepared, and keep tracking storms.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by StealthyKat

Your right.. this is the first time we have declared a state of emergency for 'only' a tropical storm.

In that light it seems strange. I wonder if the state gov knows something we don't know.

I wonder if this will stir up all the oil sitting on the bottom of the gulf that BP and the media are hiding and this stuff will come ashore and cause lots of havoc.

I don't think we will know what is really going on until the last minute.....nothing seems right about this whole damn thing, you know?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Is it not unusual that a previous depression would stay around as this one did and redevelop? Take good care LA friends!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
...This is the first time I remember a state of emergency being declared for just a tropical storm! Am I mistaken? It;s not that big of a deal, I have been through many tropical storms....

What does your intuition say? Perhaps the declaration of emergency isn't really about a storm, or oil slick. Could it be a drill to enforce some new control on the "property" of the corporation?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Is it not unusual that a previous depression would stay around as this one did and redevelop? Take good care LA friends!

It does happen, but the weather just seems "off" around here...the HEAT is unbearable, and of course it is always hot here....but I don't remember it lasting this long (extreme heat)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by StealthyKat
...This is the first time I remember a state of emergency being declared for just a tropical storm! Am I mistaken? It;s not that big of a deal, I have been through many tropical storms....

What does your intuition say? Perhaps the declaration of emergency isn't really about a storm, or oil slick. Could it be a drill to enforce some new control on the "property" of the corporation?

I do not ever remember a declaration of emergency because of a tropical storm...they are nothing to us who live here. Most of us don't do anything unless it is over a category 2 hurricane. It's just a fact of life we are used to.There is nothing in the gulf right now to cause a state of emergency.....not even a tropical storm yet. My intuition says they are putting things in place in case the BOP falls and opens a huge hole with oil coming out at 100,000 psi and cannot be stopped.....so the resources are already in place....but they are using the reason of weather so as not to panic people......in case by some miracle they can prevent it. Sort of an insurance policy for them.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, that target on the map is SO close to the exact location of where the Deepwater Horizon was --where the oil gusher was.. how odd..

I think La. needs a damn break.. wth?

Did they finish the massive New Orleans Surge Barrier yet?

Originally posted by lasertaglover
Tropical Depression 5 is no more. The enivronment was not conducive for it to organize.

My prayers are answered, and you guys all doged another bullet this time.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

WTNT35 KNHC 112034
TCPAT5
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FIVE ADVISORY NUMBER 5
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL052010
400 PM CDT WED AUG 11 2010

...DEPRESSION DISSIPATES...THIS IS THE LAST ADVISORY...
...POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY RAINFALL ALONG THE GULF COAST REMAINS...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe9ef19c203d.gif[/atsimg]

However, this is August, and the Tropics do really pick up around this time. Be prepared, and keep tracking storms.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

I don't think it's finished yet....I'll look into it though....yeah....we kinda need a break LOL!

join