It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Yig

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Mod please move if this is in wrong place. Thanks!

Let me first say that I am not sure where I am going with this. I am just feeling the inclination to write. So pardon me if I seem to wander...

The older I have gotten, the more I have felt privileged to have been born when I was in 58, I have lived the Beaver Clever years where you didn't have to lock your doors, you played cowboys and Indians outside, you built tree forts, and you learned yes ma'am and no sir, please and thank you. Seems to be a lost art these days.

I was on the fringe of the 60's movement, but as little ones will do, I listened to the elders discuss the world news, and even though I wasn't real clear on what was happening, I knew something was going on. I know I didn't understand all the hate. Peace to me seemed like a good idea.

Thankfully religion wasn't a big deal in my house so I missed out on a lot of the guilt that seems to come with that. What little religion we did have was in the form of Christian Science. I am glad for that because it did give me my beginnings of understanding mind over matter.

I am a only child, and I was grounded a lot! So, I had a lot of alone time. Books were my friend. When I wasn't grounded, I took my friendships very seriously. My friends were in essence, my sisters and brothers. This type of bond I still carry into my old age as you shall see.

Ahhhh, the teenage years and needing to be cool. Yes I suffered through that as well as most of us have, and yes that also led to a lot of my being grounded!

I have to say though I can't ever really remember being aggressive in hate or quick to pick a fight. My nature is that of the peace keeper.

[*SNIP*]

I was very lucky to come across the "Seth" books in my early 20's. It was like I found my brain. So much of it made perfect sense to me. Probably why today I am such a dimensional thinker. Also the "Pierce Anthony" collection of the "On a Pale Horse" series made a impact as well.I think these are partly why I am able to see the big picture of things and I don't get wrapped up in just one of the puzzle pieces to the whole.

I have had friends stab me in the back and I have forgiven them or forgotten it. Why? Because I think the importance I place on friendship and as I said above I consider a Friend family. I have seen many families fight, but they get over it. Many of those friends couldn't understand my lack of anger. They would ask how I could not hate them for what they did to me. I would say I consider you my friend and true friends forgive. Yes it may have hurt, whatever they did, bit I also believe the ripple effect of what happened changed something that needed to be changed. So hence, the big picture. Long story short, we are closer now then ever.

Same with X's or past loves. I am good friends with them as well. Why would I suddenly hate someone I professed to love so dearly at one point in time, just because time has changed things a bit? Makes no sense to me. I loved you, things changed a bit, I still love you. Besides the changes led me down new paths to different things in my life of where I was suppose to move on too. How can I suddenly hate someone for that?

I have always had a knack for reading tarot cards, though I don't really need the cards per say. They are more of a prop really. I have had many insights and told people what was about to happen. Needless to say some have been impressed and surprised to say the least. Lol don't get me wrong, I am not about to make crazy predictions, this is just another of my gifts, that I think anyone can do if they just stop and listen and trust their instincts.

I was raised well enough to know what to do if I were to sit down and eat with the president. I prefer though to sit and chat wit the lonely man, the little people, the ones most over look. I remember those lonely feelings as a kid. If I can brighten someones day a little bit, that really brightens mine. I really don't care for the plastic and the phony.

I think our imaginations are actually a glimpse of other realities. If you can think it, it will be real someplace. Where I don't really know, but someplace. Science fiction can prove that in a way. What was science fiction at one point is now reality. IE., walking on the moon, robotics, microwave, computers, the list goes on and on.

Yes my fellow man can tick me off, but I have learned to stop and think, "Wait, That is me as well, I guess a piece hasn't caught up yet," Give me time...

I am a firm believer in water seeks its own level.I prefer to surround myself with as much peace as possible. That is what I seek, and that is what I create. Yes, easier said then done sometimes, but I still pursue it in any way I can. If it means leaving something negative behind, so be it.I do not fall for the " I can't because of blah blah blah." It amazes me how many people stay in negative situations because of whatever. Really it makes no sense. For everything you let go of, you have something new to grasp. I have learned to listen to my drummer. My surroundings are my band.

I believe in magic, UFOs fairies, and yes the unicorn. Why not? Where there is smoke there is fire, and they have existed down through history. Who am I to judge just because I haven't seen? Perhaps I have seen in the past. I may have even written the book. Who knows, as anything is possible.

I don't need man to tell me there is a God and charge me for it. I can see a tree, a bird in flight, look at a mountain, or listen to the ocean to know that.

I suppose I have rambled on long enough, not really sure why I did, but something told me too, so here it is. Maybe it will resonate with somebody, and that's a good thing!
Thanks for listening...
Peace my friends~ yig

Mod edit: Removed discussion about controlled substances.

2e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities; specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances... is strictly forbidden.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you for moving this Mods, and also the snip. I forgot about that as the keyboard was plodding along!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Welcome Yig! Welcome to ATS, I hope you have a great experience here.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey Yig! Your expression does resonate with me and I share much of what you feel. I'm an only child myself so some of your experiences I had too.
You sound like an exceptionally conscientious person and your energy seems somewhat infectious. I worry about a declining cultivation of imagination these days. With Art, Music and philosophy courses being cut from schools, people's imagination "muscle" is not being flexed enough, imo.
I feel it is important to include focus on positive things going on in our world as much(or more) than the negative.
Beaver Clever days huh? Boy how the world has changed! I grew up watching a lot of those shows too and today, they almost seem surreal when juxtaposed to current life.
Like Dylan said," these times are a changin'."

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and may you continue to shine....
Peace,
spec

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you for your kind words. I agree about the arts.It is very sad that they are being buried. So much of our worlds beauty is from the arts. Perhaps it is a reason people find it so hard to "Find their God" for example.
So much death and destruction and bad news everywhere. Nothing to sooth the senses anymore.... sigh...

I noticed you had posted some artist in your response or your tag. I have loved the chalk guy for a long time and Banksy as well.

Are you aware of this artist? Akiane Kramarik. She has a wonderful story herself. Starting from a very young age, her work really resembles the work of masters. Almost makes reincarnation come to mind. I am posting this video so you can check her out. With a woman like this out there it certainly rekindles my hope for the future.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I~

[edit on 10-8-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Wow yig, that was amazing and inspirational, thank you! Such wonderful art and technique, coupled with a somewhat divine approach. A binary genius? Very cool and I will check out her poetry too. Might I suggest you do a thread on this gal and bring her story and works onboard here.
Thanks for the positive input

spec

[edit on 11-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

new topics

top topics

join