It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think the war with Iraq will be a sequal to Desert Storm, a war that should have been finished twelve years ago.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think it will lead to the downfall of dictators. My reason is, with him out of the Mid. East the other terroists will fall fatster since he cannot help. Then we can focus on Kim Jong II, and take out Nn. Korea. Then with those psychos outta the way, we really only have OBL to focus on. Or the war goes wrong and we destroy France or Germany by mistake.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This war will cause other nations to preempively stike their enemies out of fear, just as the United States did and has done for years. It will show the rest of the world that war is easy to start but hard to stop. Those who realize this will likely take adantage of this and in turn cause things to occur in order to get their war going. Something like September 11th.

Hint Hint

[Edited on 13-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I voted other as well... The rest of the world will pressure the superpowers to back down and there will never be a war. The constant backing down by England and GDUB YA may be a sign that they are weakening.

I know our own little johnny howard got smashed at his nation's address showing no proof to WMD in iraq.. Poor little johnny.. I wonder how well he is sleeping at night.

Chris.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I dont believe it, im the only one who chose first option.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
WWIII and possibly the breakdown of the social order, and a new dark age.

I am truly afraid of what the cosequences of this war will be, I really wish that the leaders of the world acted more like leaders and less like spoiled brats

XAOS

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Welcome to World War Three.
Please leave your soul at the door.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I voted WWIII.

Why would it cause the fall of dictatorships? Someone could just as easily start one up again. Can't stop something like that.

Why would it cause the fall of America? It may make us the bad guys, but who cares, no one could stop us, really. Besides, we're already halfway from being a democratic country to being the world's first true empire since Byzantium.

And why would it cause France's downfall? Unless we attack them, in which case we'll presrve French culture(or most of it at least) and just let them be ours. And who cares about the French?

I forget the other one, and the only on left( I think) is the worrld war three thing. So by process of ellimination, I've singled out WWIII. Sorry guys.

Signing out,
HLW

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I checked other.
I believe it will be the downfall of some dictators and the downfall of France.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
other...
hopefully... it will result in the removal of all the nationalists... including tony blair.
then finally, a stronger european union can be formed.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
if anything, this whole mess has taught everyone that the UN is a joke and it has no real power or way to enforce itself.. it's just a big waste of everybody's time.. i don't think it will cause WWIII persay because you can make an argument that the war on terrorism is a world war i suppose.. and france and america will both survive this war

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I understand the reasons why European Union might seem appealing and even reasonable to Europe and the rest of the world. I once thought so too. Then I learned about the reasons why centralized government was dangerous to society and the rights held within it. I also wasn't aware of the idea of the New World Order. So once I learned more about these ideals I became more concerned than interested. Now I don't know how you feel about centralization or the New World Order, so I can't speak for you. I wish to hear your views. I think the New World Order is a great idea, but know it will fail for two reasons:

1--It will allow an evil or ultra-corrupt empire or society to TRY and gain control of the system, therefore ensuring the enslavement and torment of many.

2--No one will leave it alone. The One World thing is too perfect for this imperfect world. In other words, in a perfect world that system would work, but being that we live in an imperfect world with religious radicals, and revolutionaries it won't. Someone is always out there lurking to find a way to beat the system or undermine it. Making that system more centralized, instead of diversified makes that system or the New World Order extremely susceptible to outside subversion, hence making the whole world even more susceptible to chaos and disorder.

Now let me try and convince you of why the EU is no good for Europe. Basically the EU has a central bank in Frankfurt, Germany called the European Central Bank. This bank has unelected bankers set prices to the interest rates for all the EU countries using the single European currency. This is a facist system. The men who set the interest rates are the same men who supply the money. For example, you don't pay interest on money, you pay interest on a figure on the screen of a computer. The fact is, that the bank doesn't print a single coin for you because you got a loan, it just gets it from the accumulated interest. You see, if we have 10,000 dollars we can lend 10,000 dollars. If a bank has 10,000 dollars then it can lend 10 times that much and charge interest on it. That is where the loan money comes from, not the actual economy as they would have you believe it, but from the money pool they created or fountain is more like it, yeah money fountain.(I want one!!) Anyways, what I am getting at is the EU is susceptible to corruption through it's banking system and could extremely threaten the safety of the economy with the slightest move. In other words that bank and the people that own it are the real rulers of the European states. Those men are trying to install a facist state. If you compare Hitler's plan for Europe to the EU's than you will realize that Hitler got what he wanted. You See????

[Edited on 15-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
WWIII,

It will not be immediate, but as time goes by, we, meaning America will become the focus of everything evil in the world, No one likes to be pushed around, and when you push enough small guys, sooner or later they revolt. Now when we hit Iraq, the question then becomes to them," who is next?".

The world will unite, slowly, but surely, to eliminate us.

We will not like this, but due to the Bush policies, we will not be welcomed to debate this action towards us.

Fore who can talk to a tyrant, especially one so powerful as the US>

I pray I am so wrong, because to be right, will affect myself, children and friends.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I think it will ultimately lead to WWIII, but will reach its true climax when the US pits itself against the Red Army.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think it will simply lead to a new breed of terrorist, and far more terrorist attacks.

See...thats the thing with fanatics, they are a lot like that kid in the playground who never knew when to quit...if you slapped them down they got right back up and kept coming at ya. I believe the same thing will happen here...but with much more devastating consequences - in fact, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to wake one morning to news that a small nuke had been detonated in downtown NYC.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The war with Iraq, a sequal to Desert Storm, will cause WWIII to break out and will lead to the downfall of all dictators and dictatureship : America and France include !

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Other.

Hard to tell what the heck is going to happen. Realignment of allies will change the landscape and render your scorecards useless.

Saddam will be gone, and within the next year or so a couple more terrorist regimes in that area might be gone as well.

Or maybe Hussein will strike Israel with chemicals to drag them into the fray, Israel takes the bait and smacks Hussein up side the head with a special weapon, causing the whole Arab world to go ape because the Jews dared touch an Arab, and the whole joint goes nuts.

And then there's N. Korea. I figure they're making noises because they know we're busy and they're hoping to help their buddy Hussein by doing so. But, what's to say that Kim Jung Ill doesn't do something majorly stupid? After all, "Ill" is part of his name!

And, what about Canada? We know they've been eyeballin' Maine for decades, now. How can you say they won't take it while we're busy? It'll be years before the rest of the nation notices. Heck, they might have already taken it!

Seriously, Action might cause unexpected reactions, but cowardice is only going to get many more people killed.

Thanks to all the war protestors and all the nations that refuse to help us in the righteous cause, Hussein has been emboldened, and war is all but inevitable.

[Edited on 16-3-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I believe that this war will lead to a democracy in the middle east and stability within 5 years to the region. What we are doing is no different than the USSR attacking Checnya. The biggest concern that will rise from this will be the kingdoms surrounding Iraq. The monarchies (Jordan, saudi arabi, etc.) do not want a democracy as it threatens them directly. You'll see those countries funding more and more terrorism. Our short term threat will be North Korea that has to be dealt with shortly. We have technically been at war with them for 47 years or so. China, will be the the vessel of war however, they will make an attempt at Taiwan as soon as the United States is embroiled in conflict. I can envision the US attacking Iraq, North Korea will nthen make an attempt at Seoul, the US will respond, now fighting 2 fronts, which then China will attempt to take Taiwan. The UN will be nuetered because of the Iraq situation and we'll be hard pressed to get support. It's a gamble as to what happens next.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
By the downfall of France I meant economically. I know I will not buy anything labeled "Made in France."

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I voted for the downfall of the US, not the way most people think of however. I think it will be the downfall due to the aftermath of this war. First let's take the initial cost of the war. Some are predicting as high as a trillion dollars with a 5 year occupation. Now, who's gonna pay for that my friends? That's right, you guessed it, the US taxpayer. All the other country's in the world have stated they will not help rebuild Iraq. It's going to really put the hurt on an already cripled economy. But it's ok, we'll just close a couple of public schools to pay for it.

Now, I think we can all agree that Iraq will lose. I just hope that when the troops march to Baghdad, it's not another Stalingrad, where they're going house to house to rat out the militants.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join