It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same-Sex Marriage Judge Finds That a Child Has Neither a Need Nor a Right to a Mother

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It will never end. Gays will get there marriage and still want more. Just like any minority group they will get what they want and never be satisfied. Today it will be gay marriage. Tomorrow it will be some other 'right' that is being 'denied' to them.

I am unaware of any other rights being denied gays. What more is it you are postulating they will want? Please elaborate.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Well if you compare the U.S. with Sodom and Gomorrah you will probably find that the US in fact does fit this description.

Mostly because, we have more than we need

We have become greedy

We indulge in countless forms of consumption

We indulge in meaningless sexual activity

Lots of Gays (not saying anything about that just pointing out the fact)

We no longer have any idea what is really precious.

We have forgotten our humanity (for a large part)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I honestly have to add that parents DO need mothers. You know, to be born and all. And being mammals, it's kind of necessary. But I understand what he was talking about.

However, it is safe to say that we do have a right to parents. Mother and Father. Even if figurative. So he is wrong there.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
He is defining - - in legal type wording - - that a child does not need to be raised by a man and a woman (father & mother) exclusively.

This is significant when a child comes up for adoption - - that choosing the right parents can not be determined by gender.

A child can not be placed in adoption with a "mother & father" over a "father & father" - - - because one is a woman & man - - the other two men.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And what if the birth mother and or father do not want that?

There's mountains of legal consequences.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For God's sake.

The state, the federal government nor the world government have any place in the institution of marriage at all. Were I a judge on this case I would have done away with the institution of state-recognized marriage entirely.

Marriage is a unification between two individuals based on a commitment. The unification need only be recognized by those two people and no one else. If those two people choose to have their unification acknowledged or validated by a religious institution of their choice then that is their choice.

The state has no place in recognizing or legislating families beyond protecting the well-being of the individuals involved.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

YES. That is what I said earlier. marriage... was... a religious item. The fact that the state does anything with it is in many terms illegal.

I can understand STD tests and all. That's the interests of health. But marriage is not some government institution. I don't like how the government has to say it's ok, and not to mention can take half the possessions of a person in a divorce.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by c g henderson

Originally posted by ironfalcon
Surely this is the Sodom and Gomorrah of new.
If you were a judge, would you rule that every child has both a need and a right for a mother?

So, according to you, I as a single father who lost his wife to illness many years ago is not only unfit to raise my children but I am equal to a city of sin that should be destroyed by God?

Furthermore, if their Uncle helps out from time to time that is even worse because although straight, he is also not a mother?

What is your solution? Should my children be taken from me or should I be forced to take a wife?

Well said cg henderson

So well said, that I thought it deserved to be re-said.
I was a single mom, with a son, who turned out to be the best son a mother could ever ask for, and now he is a wonderful father himself.

I was raised by a widowed father. No substitute mom around at all. My father wasn't around much either, so it was like raising myself from the age of 9. I learned how to cook really early in life. I also turned out a little bit tomboyish, but OK. I think my son so far has turned out better than me.

My mom was raised by a divorced mom. It seems to run in my family, this being raised by single parents.

You had tragedy in your life, losing your wife, but likely are doing a wonderful job raising your children on your own. A child learns to adapt thankfully, because you never know what is going to happen. As long as the parent(s) they have love them, that is what matters most.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Annee

And what if the birth mother and or father do not want that?

There's mountains of legal consequences.

What mountain of legal consequences? What are you projecting?

There are private adoptions through churches.

If it is through the government - - law is law. Best parent gets child.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
For God's sake.

The state, the federal government nor the world government have any place in the institution of marriage at all. Were I a judge on this case I would have done away with the institution of state-recognized marriage entirely.

The "institution of Marriage" was usurped when it became a Legal Government Contract.

There are very valid reasons for Legal Contracts.

Emotions and Personal Beliefs - - need to be completely eradicated in regards to what Legal Marriage means today.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Its not even religious. Two people just decide they want to be together forever. Stating that you need recognition is tantamount to saying you are not your own person and you cannot make your own decisions and therefore you need the nanny state to do it for you.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's exactly my point.

Marriage is a purely emotional and is based entirely on personal beliefs. Therefore the government has no place in it. Marriage has degraded because instead of being the personal emotional and spiritual unity it once was, it has become a simple contract. Like a cell phone company. If you don't like it, pay the fee and switch companies. Its sad. Marriage used to be a beautiful thing. It also used to require dedication.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Gorman91

Its not even religious. Two people just decide they want to be together forever. Stating that you need recognition is tantamount to saying you are not your own person and you cannot make your own decisions and therefore you need the nanny state to do it for you.

When I was in my 20s - - I thought Love was Love.

Now that I am 65 - - I am wise enough to know through experience - - LOVE does not take care of the "business" of marriage.

Marriage becomes a partnership/business after the "lust" wears off. Definitely more emphasize needs to be put on the "business side of marriage" - - not less.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Then why get married at all?
2nd

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Marriage used to be a beautiful thing. It also used to require dedication.

Marriage as a beautiful thing - - is an illusion.

Marriage - especially with children - - requires hard work - dedication - and commitment.

LOVE? What exactly is love? Can you please describe to me what Love is.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Then why get married at all?
2nd

Are you married? How long have you been married?

Do you have children?

Just curious what platform you are speaking from.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why do I need to define love? I didn't even say it, you did. You sound like a bitter person who's going to twist my words to fit your mindset. You already did as a matter of fact. So I am just going to agree to disagree and leave it there.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
people have become so unreal you all see 50% divorce rates you all see kids in the streets destroying the town . You all see your daughters flashing there goods for a nickles worth of plastic beeds and your sons kiking each other in there goods just for laughs .
and really think a single man or single woman can raise a child .
So your wife died I am sorry for that . tell me dude when your daughter gets her first cycle are you going in the restroom to show her how to deal with this issue? There are some things ONLY A FEMALE can do for a female .
and you single moms when your sons goods start to function will you leave it up to fait to decide if he learns the responsibility taht comes with that?
there are some things ONLY a male can do for another male .
yes male female couples have abandoned there responsibility as parents .
Heck I don't know even ONE really gentleman Nore even ONE real lady under 40 and only a couple at all and they are old let me tell you.
sure to guys will be GREAT parents for a girl to learn her sexuality from.
or 2 guys will be GREAT parents for a boy to learn his sexuality from.
or 2 woman will be great for a girl to learn her well by now you see my stand on it.
you want to be a guy with a guy or a girl with a girl fine thats your right in America. BUT YOUR RIGHTS END WHEN THEY EFFECT SOMEONE elses rights.
and no matter how you bash the worthless two sex parents (which there are plently of that doesnt change the FACT that same couple parents will cause the kids many problems .
wile a good two sex parts will have well taken care of well balanced kids.
No same sex couple can EVER say that .
little billy is in school his class finds out he has two dads man were all of you asleep through school? poor billy is going through pure hell .
now if it two moms the boys will have high expectations of poor billy and just what happens when he cant fullfill them?
or sally with all the girls (yea girls are mean to .
man we WERE THERE we know how mean kids can be to each other .
THIS IS THE EFFECT YOUR sexual choice has had on this person who has no say in it.
you want to be guy and guy or girl and girl fine but I say people who choise that should NEVER have kids nore be able to adopt .
man I lived through what happen to me because of the messed up system you people advocate .NO TO GAY marrage NO TO gay couples having children in anyway. ITS THE KIDS LIFE i care about not yours
people who back this kind of thing dont give one rats but about THE KIDS they only stomp there feet yelling I WANT like a spoild child them selfs never stoping for one mint to think of how what they do effects other people

[edit on 10-8-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Why do I need to define love? I didn't even say it, you did. You sound like a bitter person who's going to twist my words to fit your mindset. You already did as a matter of fact. So I am just going to agree to disagree and leave it there.

I'm not bitter. I've been married for 20 years. I have 2 wonderful daughters and 3 beautiful grandchildren.

I asked you a logical question. Which is relevant to the discussion.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
So your wife died I am sorry for that . tell me dude when your daughter gets her first cycle are you going in the restroom to show her how to deal with this issue? There are some things ONLY A FEMALE can do for a female .

Seriously Dude!

Ever heard of a Female Gynecologist.

I had a mother and she didn't have to show me how to deal with my cycle - - I handled it myself. Ever heard of books?

I taught my grandson how to pee - - because his dad decided drugs were more important then his kid.

If you are a Parent - - you are a Parent. Period!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join