It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil Spill Stalls Gulf Loop Current

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Global Consequences if Current Fails to Reorganize

This is extremely serious, this could shut down the Atlantic conveyor and put Europe and North America into a deep freeze this winter.

Oceanographic satellite data now shows that the Loop Current in the Gulf of Mexico has stalled as a consequence of the BP oil spill disaster. This according to Dr. Gianluigi Zangari, an Italian theoretical physicist, and major complex and chaotic systems analyst at the Frascati National Laboratories in Italy.

Source

These photos are worth 10,000 words they don't lie.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69dba90559c6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d26ef65e3392.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d799f5998572.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d0982b02266.jpg[/atsimg]

Any Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It is not "serious". It's nonsense. There are also several threads about it.

The Gulf gyre is a regular occurrence.
www.wunderground.com...

Last year for example:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/569c6db5c5b4.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d6aed71c0c6.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why does the July 14, 2009 image have a star where the oil spill is? Could those be 2010 images labeled 2009 to attempt to debunk the truth?

The second photo is also mis-labeled.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Huh, that's the second time I've been accused of lying, of altering the images.

The site I got them from has the option to include the spill site location when displaying the height data. If you really don't believe me, do it yourself:
argo.colorado.edu...

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN
Nice, I didn't notice that at first. Why, the star is at exactly the spot where the Deepwater Horizon was.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Since you seem to have missed it, it's there because the software which displays the historical data puts it there.

The formation of eddies from the loop current is a well known and reoccurring phenomenon.
www.horizonmarine.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just coming on to report this myself, has anyone been able to verify this information or that it is a natural occuring event?

If so links to the truth please asap! Show us the truth on this one because I already sense that we are going to undergo a horrific winter in the Midwest.

The gulf winds we normally enjoy at this time of year (
) have been held back by the Northern winds instead.

Now it is not totally strange that we get cool nights from North winds in Aug, but the last time we did we suffered from the Ice storms of 2006.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
According to these
www.google.ca...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=yFpgTI3BJIeosQP MkZmqCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDIQsAQwAw&biw=1018&bih=572

It would be wise to prepare for a cold snap. This is what the evidence is pointing to for us to expect next, according to the people doing the reports. The timing of the BP oil spill almost makes it seem like this was planned. Is it a distraction for something else? Time will tell.

It would be wise to be prepared for a cold winter in the Northern hemisphere. That is only 3 months away!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by win 52]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by win 52]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is a common phenomena, I don't know why y'all making a big deal about it. Look up how Katrina was formed and you will see that phenomena in action.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cajun Raptor

I don't know whether it is or not, But There is a Dr. Gianluigi Zangari whom is making that claim. Not me so unless there is another Dr. in the house or an expert in the feild of dealing with ocean currents. I am reserving my judjment on this issue until an expert steps up to the plate.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Dr. Gianluigi Zangari is said to be a theoretical physicist who apparently is connected with Frascati National Laboratories, a branch of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics, a nuclear research lab in Italy.

Here is his article:
www.associazionegeofisica.it...

If I want to know something about subatomic particles I ask a nuclear physicist. If I want to know about ocean currents I ask an oceanographer.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What about this:

"and major complex and chaotic systems analyst "

I'm a layman myself so I have no idea really but wouldn't that count for something? Analysing complex and chaotic systems?

I have also had the feeling that this winter would be particularly harsh, I don't know why, we'll see I guess.. I hope it isn't, we just had a really cold winter.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I said he "is said to be a theoretical physicist" because I have not been able to find anything about his field or any other articles he has published (other than that repeated phrase). The same applies to "major complex and chaotic systems analyst". Perhaps he is. I'll still go with the oceanographers who have been studying the Gulf of Mexico for a long time and have seen what the loop current does, on a fairly regular basis. It's interesting that they are not panicked about the separation of an eddy from the loop current, resulting in what Zangari says shows, "for the first time a direct evidence of the rapid breaking of the Loop Current, a warm ocean current, crucial part of the Gulf Stream." Actually, the oceanographers say it's a good thing (and they are not concerned about the destruction of the Gulf Stream).

If the eddy does remain in place, it will greatly reduce the chances of oil making it to Cuba, the Florida Keys, and beyond. Any oil moving southwards from the spill location will now become entrained in the eddy, and will move in a 250 mile-wide clockwise circle in the east-central Gulf of Mexico. A small portion the oil will get shed away from the eddy's periphery and make it into the Loop Current and waters surrounding the eddy, but the concentrations of oil doing so will be small.

www.wunderground.com...

I came across this:
www.enea.it...
Apparently Zangari is currently involved with medical imaging.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why would his letter about the Gulf Oil spill be at the end of a medical imaging presentation? it on Pages 29-30 of the link in your post.

Looks like he is trying to get the word out about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Found this just a few minutes ago.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36f2b97b5622.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Looks like the loop current is reforming and the Gulf Stream is doing just fine.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Has global warming been ruled out? Global warming would mean we all had a hand in this right? Look folks, first it was massive plumes and now this junk science. Neither of which sprouted wings.

Instead of fear mongering try sitting back an let things develop. I know you guys like to break news and whatnot. But come on man! Everything is not the Apocalypse. Sometimes, it's just nature at work. Maybe the stall will clean up the gulf. Give the microbes time to eat the oil up.

You guys ever think of that?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am just going to throw this in here and see how much it burns!

Algae Farm in the Gulf

This administration and many other entities like BP, Citi, Nalco, GM, GE, Goldman Sachs, University of Chicago, holding companies along with Dept. of Defense, billionaires and politicians are all vested in biofuels. What is going on in the Gulf is directly related to this new industry. There is an algae these companies are interested in.

I havent read all of this, I just felt like posting it, after all, we are talking about Conspiracies right ?

This is like SEAL, Sea ,Air and Land ...

[edit on 30/8/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Gulf Stream Flows .6 million cubic meters per second(don't know about loop current). If one uses the most hysterical figure for the blow out of 120,000 bbls per day and none was evaporated, biodegraded or washed up on a beach, then the ratio of oil to water in the Gulf Stream is .00000037 parts of oil to 1 part of water. Therefore it seems unlikley that the blowout is shutting down the Gulf Stream. More likley would be Global warming, aliens , Glen Beck, Bilderbergs, Obama, Niburu or any number of other culprits.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Seems everything is connected. Surprise, surprise. This 2009 report just got bumped:

Radical new theory suggests Earth's magnetism may be linked to movement of ocean currents

top topics

<<   2 >>

join