It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating Turkish bridegroom kills relatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Celebrating Turkish bridegroom kills relatives

www.bbc.co.uk

A bridegroom in Turkey has accidentally killed three relatives while firing an AK-47 in celebration at his own wedding, Turkish media reported.

The groom lost control of the weapon as he tried to fire in traditional celebration in the air at the ceremony in the village of Akcagoze in south-eastern Gaziantep province.

The guests were sprayed with bullets and the groom's father and two aunts were killed.

The groom has been arrested.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.canada.com
www.mercurynews.com
news.sky.com
www.dailyma il.co.uk

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here we have another case of an innocent gun being inappropriately used by a man and then killing 3 people (including his father).

Should guns be banned?

Should they be licensed so that only appropriately trained people use them and pay an expensive annual fee for that privilege?

Did he get to have his honeymoon?

So many questions.

-m0r

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy, that was the bride's honeymoon gift. Kidding aside, that's horrible news. Can you imagine knowing you killed your father and two aunts on your wedding day. Ouch.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The problem with banning guns is that it goes down the rather dangerous road of ''pre-crime''.

A crime is committed if you intentionally or recklessly fire a shot when other people are around.

Logically, a crime cannot take place just by owning a firearm, as that means that authorities are unduly speculating and guessing about your supposed criminal intent.

If you were banning them to prevent tragic accidents, such as this one, then that may be more of a valid reason for outlawing them, but then where would you draw the line ?

Do we really want governments mollycoddling us, and banning things for ''our own good'' ?

I'm sure more people are killed accidentally as a result of alcohol, than guns, so should we ban alcohol ?

A number of people die from electric shock each year, should governments outlaw untrained people from changing lightbulbs and fixing wall-sockets ?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well, don't ban guns.
Just ban stupid people from obtaining and using them.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
no no no!
ban marriages........

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Maybe one of these days people will learn,
when you fire a weapon up into the air,gravity
is very unforgiving!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
another reason why the european union dislike turkey

Proof?

and never will allow it to enter, can you imagine this wedding taking place in Sweden or the UK ?

No we cannot because Turkey is not in Sweden or UK. Each country have their own rules and regulations. Can you imagine allowing guns for everyone in UK like US?

there will be lots of death from Turkish weddings,

If there were lot of deaths then why news outlet raised the issue of single death and not mass deaths from different weddings?

Turkey is a backwards stone age mentality country

Proof?

that is the reason i don't think they ever be normal,

The main point here is "i don't think", Good thing the world doesn't run as per your thinking or we'll start believing fairy tales and wild claims.

i remember recently that some Turkish man had sex with a goat and he had to marry the goat because that is traditional

Proof and source along with backup of religious text explaining it's in tradition?

never forget turkey were part of the Nazi

First that had nothing to do with the death of some individual in a marriage. Second a quick search shows your claim to be a lie:

Turkey
Main article: Single-party period of the Republic of Turkey#1938-1950: İnönü (National Chief)
Turkey was neutral until several months before the end of the war, at which point it joined the Allies. The president Ismet Inonu did his best to keep Turkey out of the war despite pressure from Nazi Germany and the Western Allies. During the War, Turkey helped the Jewish Community by protecting those who made it to Turkey. Later, most of the Jewish people who lived in Turkey during the War moved to Israel.

Overall,

for lack of merit, wrong information, fabricating history, lies, slander, zero evidence !

[edit on 9-8-2010 by EFGuy]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is a tragic event,but what crime will he be charged with?Being a halfwit in public.Why dont these imbeciles just shoot blanks in the gun and in bed.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

another reason why the european union dislike turkey and never will allow it to enter, can you imagine this wedding taking place in Sweden or the UK ? there will be lots of death from Turkish weddings, Turkey is a backwards stone age mentality country that is the reason i don't think they ever be normal

I hope you are writing this in jest, because honestly such hogwash can only be that, or a fruit of an undeveloped mind.

We in the US, despite our old gun culture, are still having firearms accidents all the time, despite mostly decent effort to keep them safe. We have parents accidentally shot by their toddlers, we have accidents in gun shows like when a teen loses control of a full automatic weapon, and we have deliberate crimes committed with firearms, like the Columbine and Virginia Tech. In this context, looking down at Turks, is strange at best, and frankly moronic.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

another reason why the european union dislike turkey and never will allow it to enter, can you imagine this wedding taking place in Sweden or the UK ? there will be lots of death from Turkish weddings, Turkey is a backwards stone age mentality country that is the reason i don't think they ever be normal, i remember recently that some Turkish man had sex with a goat and he had to marry the goat because that is traditional

never forget turkey were part of the Nazi

deny ignorance , by all means .

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
This is a tragic event,but what crime will he be charged with?Being a halfwit in public.Why dont these imbeciles just shoot blanks in the gun and in bed.

He will be charged with accidental man slaughter but the real punisment will be the fact that he has killed his own father and two aunties .

He is going to live a life which will be regretfull , each and every day .

What an idiot , eh ?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by 23432]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Can you say "ethnic cleansing"?
Maybe Turkey is overpopulated.
Maybe the groom inherits the father's estate.
Maybe the culture discharges firearms at weddings for a reason we may not completely understand.
Gun control is the ability to discharge the weapon in a manner consistent with your intentions.
Perhaps gun safety should be a part of the wedding planning process.

gj

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

i remember recently that some Turkish man had sex with a goat and he had to marry the goat because that is traditional

Proof and source along with backup of religious text explaining it's in tradition?

Just thought I would chime in an make this aspx look even sillier by pointing out the man and goat in question were in Sudan, not Turkey.

news.bbc.co.uk...

As for the OP, it's a shame you using this story as a pretext to start some sort of inflammatory argument about gun control.

Why can't people just accept that not everyone wants to make love to weapons in the same way some of you Americans do and just leave it at that.

The UK doesn't like guns, Turkey obviously does.

Each has their own reasons for their choices and this is nothing more than an accident. If Turkey then wishes to ban assault weapons, then thats their choice, if not then so be it. How does it affect you?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I say give them more guns, I think Darwin's theories should be brought to the extreme.

Hell, introduce them to the moron's Russian Roulette. 5 bullets in the chamber and one empty. 6 of the family can do it at the end of the ceremony.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's nice to hear of a country that still respects the right of the individual to own arms. They have more freedom in Turkey than they do here in the US.

top topics

join