It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant stand when people do this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Okay so im sitting on the couch watching a show called Paranormal Files: Fact or Faked. It was a particular episode where they were investigating a UFO sighting. I then hear my sons grandmother in the kitchen yell "Its all fake. Idiots these days will believe in anything", her knowing full well that I believe in aliens and take an interest in reading about them.

So I just brushed it off, as annoying as it was. Then she goes to sit down and eat and the television says "So is it fact? or faked?" and there she goes again "Fake. Its all fake."

I just cant stand when people do this. Its like if you dont believe in it, thats fine, but dont sit there while im trying to watching a show and ramble on and on about it.

I dont have a problem with people not believe, but its the people who dont even do there research or never has read anything about it, and watch judge judy all day, that I do mind making rude comments about it and things that I believe in.

Does ANYONE else know anybody who does this?

Makes me want to punch a wall! :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Punch me instead. I'm softer so you won't hurt your hands.
Don't get all work up on it. what will you get out of arguing with her?
Try talking to her later and tell her it annoys you when she interrupts your show.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yeah I didn't even say a word. It was obvious she was trying to get a rise out of me. The funny thing is, she watches ghost shows ALL THE TIME. And tells these stories about ghosts. So to her ghosts are definitely real, but aliens? No way.

Next time she goes to watch a ghost show im going to sit there and comment on it about how its all fake.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Do you have a lot relatives that live with you? I'm the same here. There are so many people in my house that I just go in my room when I'm home.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well I live with my ex because we agree'd to raise our son together. So I stayed for the good of my son, I figure it would be easier that way, so when James goes to work, I can watch him and all that.

But ill be moving in with my sister in a few days due to it not working out living together. His mom and dad and brother live with us because they cant afford to live on there own. And his family are seriously the most rude and annoying people on this planet.

So thankfully ill be leaving in a few days and I can watch my UFO shows in peace!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Hopefully you can get a break soon. I know it's hard being a single parent.
Take care!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
YES! ... I get the same thing but with Ghosts/paranormal stuff! really gets on my nerves! as soon as I mention it. out come the looks and smug smiles then stupid questions, then i'm told things I already know and it's quickly laughed off! happened quite a few times, and is a reason I don't really discuss stories or things that happen and why I watch things alone!

I wouldn't mind but, it's not as if I believe in these things blindly and never question anything, I don't know all the answers and can't prove or disprove a thing, but people seem to think they know for a fact and offer nothing other than their opinion which they see as fact! *sigh*

[edit on 9-8-2010 by valiant]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I totally understand where your coming from my family does the same thing to me too.I usually just ignore them but sometimes it really pisses me off Sometimes i just wanna
:bash:
:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well...It is fake ya know

new topics

top topics

join